P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I remember the Police boxes when I joined in the early 70's. Had strict instructions from the Station Sergeant to ring in regularly when on foot patrol,  radios had just started to be issued and the boxes were phased out by the mid 70's. Seems a lifetime ago, which it was.

As well as those you had mini police offices scattered out of town I know of at least two that

are still standing in our town .One was bought by a hairdresser and they aptly named  it as 

The Crop Shop due to it's former use .:classic_smile:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

By gum yer diggin em up theer Avril, wharrabaaht Space 1999, Buck Rodgers, Battlestar Galactica, then onto Quantum leap and Alien Nation, Deep Space 9 and not to forget the loveable Alf and the very funny Third rock from the sun and Mork and Mindy.

And then there was The Time Tunnel in the 60s and The Tomorrow People in the 70s……

And maybe some remember a bit further back - Flash Gordon in black and white. Think it starred Buster Crabbe (now there’s a name)…..

As a child on school holidays I loved to watch Daktari. 
Gill x

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, kalos said:

I got offered a job with our local TV working on a revival of kids puppet shows from the 70's 
I was only there for one hour but I got sacked for dropping a Clanger. :classic_unsure:

That was a good TV show but to be fair some of the adverts were better than the programs .

Cadbury Smash and the Argos aliens but the Clangers had a lingo that only a Collie sheep

dog could understand :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

The soup dragon was my favourite.🤣🤣

• Like 2

Just now, Angel57 said:

And then there was The Time Tunnel in the 60s and The Tomorrow People in the 70s……

And maybe some remember a bit further back - Flash Gordon in black and white. Think it starred Buster Crabbe (now there’s a name)…..

Gill x

Flash Gordon was a regular at Saturday morning pictures in the 50's, always a cliff hanger at the end !

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kalos said:

As well as those you had mini police offices scattered out of town I know of at least two that

are still standing in our town .One was bought by a hairdresser and they aptly named  it as 

The Crop Shop due to it's former use .:classic_smile:

Brighton (like many towns) closed nearly all of the public toilets. One became a Florist shop named "Flowers at your Convenience"...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not been on for a few days as it has been a bit busy. Reparations after the leaking pipe have started, so had to do a bit of furniture moving etc. Part of the laminate floors in lounge and hall have been lifted and the vinyl in my ensuite. No damp at all in the hall but quite a lot in the lounge, with black mould starting to grow. He washed that all down with a bleach solution. Drying equipment being delivered tomorrow 🤞🏻.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Flash Gordon in black and white. Think it starred Buster Crabbe (now there’s a name)…..

Gill x

I remember watching Flash Gordon and me mam moaning about the rubbish we watched, "men walking on the moon" who would have believed it.

I liked Daktari and Clarence the cross eyed lion. I always wondered whether Ronnie Barker modelled himself on that lion when he mad his sitcom; Clarence.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

If you're that young, you won't remember the original Rocket man. That was so .......naff.🚀

Ha ha. Rarely am I referred to as being “young” these days.

Never heard of Rocket Man (presumably you are not referring to Elton John…? 🤣).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Gill x

Flash Gordon and the evil Ming -- now that takes me back more years than I want to admit. Saturday morning at the local Ritz cinema, or as we fondly called it,  the Sat'dy Matny. We're both sitting here now laughing, remembering the silly 'space rocket' 🧨

Avril

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Flash Gordon and the evil Ming -- now that takes me back more years than I want to admit. Saturday morning at the local Ritz cinema, or as we fondly called it,  the Sat'dy Matny. We're both sitting here now laughing, remembering the silly 'space rocket' 🧨

Avril

Never saw the that, only remember the 1980 Version and Brian Blessed’s Prince Vulcan character shout the classic “Gordon’s Alive”

Music from film by Queen

18 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I have quite enjoyed Jodie Whitaker as The Doctor.

There are rumours that David Tennant may return to the role, that would be an interesting regeneration!

Oh yes please -- or Kris Marshall from Death in Paradise 🙂

Talking of 60’s iconic characters finally got to watch No Time to Die last night, was going to watch it Christmas Night, but the stream option had disappeared from the store. It reappeared in Virgin TV Store so watched it last night.

Not the best Bond film, but we enjoyed it, spotted Gravina in Puglia, the bit where he jumps of the bridge,  a place that is on our list to visit if we ever manage to get to Puglia, 

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The Champions my favourite. Always wanted to be and look like Sharon (well that never happened) and loved Richard and the lovely Craig. Happy days and decent programmes

The Champions have been on various freeview channels lately!

Edited by Angel57
Spelling