P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Dull weather here, still with the nagging wind.

Sad day for me as I’ve made an appointment for one of our cats to be pts tomorrow.  He’s almost 16 and has had a tumour growing inside his face for the last eighteen months.  He’s been well but now has sight problems and has deteriorated rapidly over the past few days.  So, cuddles tonight and tears tomorrow, then no more distress for him 😢 

Sorry to hear your sad news. As the others have said animals become part of our family and leave a big holes when they are not longer with us. You are doing the right thing for him by not letting him suffer. 

Sending you some hugs and enjoy your evening with him. Will think of you tomorrow. Take care.

Pam 

• Like 4

Been a beautiful day here, although even down here in the South it was -1 early doors. Got some planting done in my little garden this morning and then went for a swim & steam this afternoon. Phone call to my mother-in-law tonight as it is her 91st birthday. Still seems wrong that her son died nearly 10 years ago. It would have been Tony's 67th birthday yesterday.   Early-ish night tonight as Wednesday is my theatre archiving morning, so need to be up at a decent hour 😀

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Dull weather here, still with the nagging wind.

Sad day for me as I’ve made an appointment for one of our cats to be pts tomorrow.  He’s almost 16 and has had a tumour growing inside his face for the last eighteen months.  He’s been well but now has sight problems and has deteriorated rapidly over the past few days.  So, cuddles tonight and tears tomorrow, then no more distress for him 😢 

So sorry to hear this Eddie I know it’s very hard to make these decisions but you are making the best one for him , have lots of cuddles tonight, I’m sure he’s had a lovely 16 years of life with you , il thinking of you tomorrow.

• Like 3

Awake early, I thought I would see how much heating oil is at present (we don't have gas out here in the sticks).  I paid 60p a litre a couple of weeks ago; it is now 111p.!    Shock horror.  Just glad I won't need more for some time.

8 hours ago, Britboys said:

Been a beautiful day here, although even down here in the South it was -1 early doors. Got some planting done in my little garden this morning and then went for a swim & steam this afternoon. Phone call to my mother-in-law tonight as it is her 91st birthday. Still seems wrong that her son died nearly 10 years ago. It would have been Tony's 67th birthday yesterday.   Early-ish night tonight as Wednesday is my theatre archiving morning, so need to be up at a decent hour 😀

Nearly 10 years from Tony’s passing Andrew?  My goodness it doesn’t seem that long.  I hope time has healed for you.

I said, way back then, that we would raise our sail away glass to Tony every cruise, and we do, as we do the Calshot turn thing.  Strange thing to toast someone you never met but it’s one of the nice aspects of social media that there can be pleasant human interaction, albeit distanced

You’re right - no parent should ever experience losing a child and there is something very poignant about reaching a grand age but losing one from the generation you have raised.

Enjoy your theatre work today

• Like 8

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts about my sad duty today.  I’m pleased to report that we had a cuddly evening, he slept very well and has enjoyed his breakfast.  I’m so glad he is having untroubled hours.

We’ll do the normal morning dog walk (nice weather but still windy), then the horrible thing, then the dog goes to the doggy spa for a much needed clip.  So, life goes on …

Have a good day all

• Like 19

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

Awake early, I thought I would see how much heating oil is at present (we don't have gas out here in the sticks).  I paid 60p a litre a couple of weeks ago; it is now 111p.!    Shock horror.  Just glad I won't need more for some time.

I would fill up now. You could be paying 150 in a couple of months !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lincslady said:

We filled up a couple of weeks ago @98p per litre,I thought that was bad!

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I would fill up now. You could be paying 150 in a couple of months !

I would, but it is virtually full!  (Thank goodness).  This is going to be very hard for those who are struggling financially, I fear.

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

I would, but it is virtually full!  (Thank goodness).  This is going to be very hard for those who are struggling financially, I fear.

Indeed. Unfortunately all prices will be going through the roof over the next 6 months.

We've had a few sad times with the cats and dogs here but try and care for the ones we come across.Seems we have an addition to the village wildlife.Went for a coffee and cake with our friend who lives 100 yards away.She said she took the dogs for a walk last night when a wild boar ran past her outside her door.In the lockdown hunting wasn't allowed and they have bred and come down from the mountains to find food.They haven't got Cinghiale on our local menu yet.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Got a shock this morning when I noticed our local BP filling station was charging 175.9 p per litre for diesel.

Wow,  I was shocked to see JET station near to us charging 153.9 for petrol and 156.9 for diesel.

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Nearly 10 years from Tony’s passing Andrew?  My goodness it doesn’t seem that long.  I hope time has healed for you.

I said, way back then, that we would raise our sail away glass to Tony every cruise, and we do, as we do the Calshot turn thing.  Strange thing to toast someone you never met but it’s one of the nice aspects of social media that there can be pleasant human interaction, albeit distanced

You’re right - no parent should ever experience losing a child and there is something very poignant about reaching a grand age but losing one from the generation you have raised.

Enjoy your theatre work today

Thank you so much for your warm words. Yes, it will be 10 years in early June. Time does certainly change the grief but it doesn't go away and I still miss him every day. I do however do everything I can to live life well, as he told me to do several times once he knew his cancer was terminal. I always raise my glass of bubbly to him every time I sail away on a cruise too (amongst other times as well of course).

• Like 11

So sorry Eddie, I know it must have been very distressing for you. You have done the right thing by him and he was in the arms of someone who loved him at the end. I hope your memories of him keep you going. Lots of love.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I totally agree with every word Harry, and I do think that decision is a personal choice and should become law. However, I don't think it's purely misplaced principles and religious leaders that are the stumbling block. I've listened carefully when this topic is occasionally reviewed and,  purely imo, I think it goes much deeper. They are being asked to legalise the taking of a person's life, and that in itself is opening Pandora's Box. Yes, under certain circumstances I agree wth you  Harry, but  not everyone will have their relatives comfort in mind when discussing that decision.

Those are the things that will need careful considertion.

Avril

Diesel has gone up from 1.529 to 1.579 at Morrisons in 2 weeks. Quite a lot, but not enough to invoke the ' Harry ' solution.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Diesel has gone up from 1.529 to 1.579 at Morrisons in 2 weeks. Quite a lot, but not enough to invoke the ' Harry ' solution.

Just went past a local filling station. Petrol 175.9; diesel 195.9. Unsurprisingly, the forecourt was empty.

• Like 1