P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

The first sentence says your holiday plans had been affected so I assume you had a problem with a booked cruise and this is to compensate. It is not a general email to past passengers.

I have had the same e-mail offer, and I imagine most regular cruisers will have had some sort of problem with a covid cancelled cruise during the last 2 years, so I imagine the e-mail will be pretty general.

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I have had the same e-mail offer, and I imagine most regular cruisers will have had some sort of problem with a covid cancelled cruise during the last 2 years, so I imagine the e-mail will be pretty general.

Well P&O Sue and I have not and qualify.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Additionally, I have been a customer of PandO for over 20 years, had two cruises cancelled because of Covid and continues booking cruises. If this email is pretty general as you say, then I for one am annoyed I didn't get one. I get almost daily emails from them but not this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Additionally, I have been a customer of PandO for over 20 years, had two cruises cancelled because of Covid and continues booking cruises. If this email is pretty general as you say, then I for one am annoyed I didn't get one. I get almost daily emails from them but not this one.

You're not alone. My first P&O cruise was in 1997 and I too have had 2 cruises cancelled, one of 18 nights duration and one of 39. Consequently, they've been holding a very substantial deposit from me for a couple of years or so. I've not had that email offer either.

12 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Not had the email offer either, had a 2 week and a 1 week cruise cancelled due to Covid, we have nothing currently booked cruise wise.

Maybe then the offer is limited to higher tier loyalty members, if that proves wrong then I am stumped!

6 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Maybe then the offer is limited to higher tier loyalty members, if that proves wrong then I am stumped!

We havd cruised with P&O since 1985 and are Baltic level but have not received any offers from P&O recently.  I am not concerned because we have become disillusioned with P&O and now only use P&O during the winter because my husband cannot fly for health reasons.  We currently only have cruises booked with Princess and Celebrity.

As I said, I think the trigger was a recent “new booking”, which was in fact a transfer from Jan to October ‘24, made when the ‘24 summer schedule launched.

The email specifically refers to seeking to tempt me to book another

Morning all, got distracted yesterday by all the new testing news. Anyway they had a ‘beer raffle’ at John’s work  - and somehow he won some wine! As you can see looks good for a £1 ticket!

PS for goodness sake what is wrong with photos on this site?! Looks like I’ve drunk it all!

48C551F2-77CF-4F88-9D3E-1EB22BEAFE38.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

As I said, I think the trigger was a recent “new booking”, which was in fact a transfer from Jan to October ‘24, made when the ‘24 summer schedule launched.

The email specifically refers to seeking to tempt me to book another

We have had three cruises cancelled and transferred (no refunds) and have four future ones booked including one for autumn 2024 booked recently when cruises opened for booking. We are Caribbean tier, our first P and O cruise was 17 years ago and we have more than the 100 shares needed for extra OBC. We haven’t received this special offer either. Some strange algorithm seems to be at play here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We havd cruised with P&O since 1985 and are Baltic level but have not received any offers from P&O recently.  I am not concerned because we have become disillusioned with P&O and now only use P&O during the winter because my husband cannot fly for health reasons.  We currently only have cruises booked with Princess and Celebrity.

No offers from P&O here either. Like you at present we only have Princess and Celebrity booked at the moment. I had thought about P&O for next winter but I’m booking nothing else at the moment.

Frankly with all the faff around testing etc I may give cruising a break for a while once the paid for cruises are done.

• Like 3

Well after weeks of pondering think we have decided to either just cancel our August cruise or move it to 2024 ... though we can't see one we'd like. Too much uncertainty about aft cabins and cabin moves and all of the issues re testing and worry about Coivd on board that we just think it wouldn't be a relaxing build up to a cruise and certainly not relaxing when on board. Will get our excursion money back too.

Then the money we have saved can sit in our bank account and if we decide to do something closer to the time and things change dramatically we can ... either a land holiday or a break in the UK somewhere. Or the worst that can happen  is that we have to have the summer at our caravan. 

Ps we haven't had any offers either just 3 emails about vaccination rules which has only served to make us more reluctant to set sail yet.

• Like 1

I've cruised with P&O several times since 1997 and have 2 more booked but I never get any emails directly from them, even though my only communication preference on their system is by email.

Get lots off Cruise Critic though!!

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, got distracted yesterday by all the new testing news. Anyway they had a ‘beer raffle’ at John’s work  - and somehow he won some wine! As you can see looks good for a £1 ticket!

PS for goodness sake what is wrong with photos on this site?! Looks like I’ve drunk it all!

aren’t you off on board somewhere soon? 

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Have I missed something? What is the new testing news?

Cloudy here but warm.

If by any chance you are visiting Holt at any time please be aware there are no pedestrianised streets at all and there is a new kid on the block now making it more dangerous i.e. the electric very silent car. Resulting in a nasty episode this morning and it is only early April.

Back to cruise news like many I have received multiple emails about new testing arrangements which were as clear as mud. I have 3 booked and as a result of this have moved 2 as far ahead as I can. The one this November I am just going to sit and wait until a few weeks before and see what testing is in place then. What I am not going to do is book anymore any time soon with a company which can't send me an email I can understand and then send me 3-4 more emails that alter or seem to contradict it. I will see how November does or doesn't go then reassess. 

Its is supposed to be fun cruising - NOT ANY MORE

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had been saving green shield stamps for our first cruise. No offers for us either. Typical🤣

Oh my goodness - my Mum shopped at International in Kettering just to get those stamps and my brothers and I were tasked with sticking them in the books. Happy days from ???1960s. 

That has taken me right back and strangely in my minds eye I can immediately see a full colour memory in my head of Kettering High Street at that time. Today even after bleddy pedestriangate I can barely call up the one in Holt