P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Yes, I gave a shout out for Avril a few days ago too.  Fingers crossed she’s just a bit bored with the board, as it were, and will drop in soon

I’ve had a mixed week, starting horribly with the loss of my other cat, just a few weeks after his “brother”.  He went downhill so rapidly you can’t help wondering about ‘broken heart’ etc.  

Anyway, after that we thought it would be good to get away, so we’ve been at the caravan.  Had some glorious sunny days and high temperatures but also some fierce ‘sea breezes’ 💨 💨 💨 

Dentist tomorrow, so we’ve made our way back.  They phoned on Friday to confirm I was still OK but said my dentist had been off all week with 🦠.  Eek!  I’m very pleased that the very small surgery room has two HEPA filters.  Hope they do their job - assuming she has a clear lft and is able to return to work

Happy holidays, to those who’re away/going away.  Get well soon to anyone currently unwell.  Hope to hear from Avril

• Like 5

Crab found yesterday - lovely. Very sunny and not so chilly today. People everywhere again which is so good for the local economy but it came a a shock after initial lockdown when tourism returned here. I take a while each time to get used to the sudden restrictions it brings to everyday things. So Sunday lunch at home while I ponder that one. 

Hope all of you heading away on holiday have a really good time . I have just had a quick 

scan of the pages as we had some guys putting down new fibre cables in our area .

Although they  had the exchange boxes open  they told us our broadband outage was ..

"nothing to do with us "  I could have used the data on my new payg phone but I am a bit 

smarter than that ,so we got the lawn mower out and had a day in the garden instead .

I also noticed that Avril has been quiet and hope it is nothing more than her looking after

Frank and her garden .  :classic_smile: I thought I would check out the MAN airport site and look at 

the arrival /Departure boards to see how things are running but they all read " check boards

in the airport ".  Hope the delays (if any ) are not to bad for those who are travelling .

Whatever your doing . you all take care and keep smiling :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 5

Happy Sunday everyone, strong start to the day here except for a poor attempt at a grilled mushroom. Just how do you cook them so that they are "full of flavour" like they say on Masterchef?

Carry On Cruising on ITV3 at 12:50pm, don't forget to set it to record!

Breakfast.jpg

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 5

Dull and overcast here with showers forecast and feeling chilly. Were supposed to have showers yesterday but didn't and was quite warm so today's a complete contrast.

Wedding Anniversary today, but nothing planned as we go away next week.

Hope everyone is well/on the road to recovery if poorly.

Have a good Sunday and take care.

Pam

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Happy Sunday everyone, strong start to the day here except for a poor attempt at a grilled mushroom. Just how do you cook them so that they are "full of flavour" like they say on Masterchef?

I just "nuke" mine in bowl for 20-30 seconds ,they come out red hot and cooked in their own juices  :classic_love:

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Dull and overcast here with showers forecast and feeling chilly. Were supposed to have showers yesterday but didn't and was quite warm so today's a complete contrast.

Pam

anniversary-animated-image-2.gif.bc03213da3c5ac028cc0c023b81f6893.gif:classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Breakfast.jpg

Your egg looks a bit hard and where is the sausage? 

I watched Carry on Cruising a couple of nights ago, for the very first time 😊 Cruising has changed a bit since then and I would wager the passengers paid more than we do.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kalos said:

I just "nuke" mine in bowl for 20-30 seconds ,they come out red hot and cooked in their own juices  :classic_love:

Kalos. You know everything, never thought of that, sounds like the solution. And another thing......where are all the little rocket ships. They've gone again.🚀🚀🚀

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

Long day yesterday out by 5 am up to Bournemouth, quick stroll down through town sad mostly closed shops, although I did try on some shoes in shuo, picked up a coffee in Costa, walked through the gardens ( looking pretty)  and sat on the beach for a bit. Couldn’t wave to my friends & family on the Isle of Wight as is was too misty out in the Solent. Plenty of swimmers & people enjoying the seaside. Left son at his halls & back down the a35 / a30 again, traffic not too bad & no delays on the dreaded roadworks, but hate to think what it’ll be like in a few weeks! Good luck those coming down soon! It’s just about to rain so I think it’s an indoor sort of a day, got some steak for dinner yum. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I was thinking yesterday that we hadn't seen Avril on here for a while, and hoping that she and Frank were OK.

Me too. It’s always a worry when regular posters disappear.

I also hope Jane (Beckett) is ok too.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Pam

Happy anniversary Pam. 

Have a lovely day and remember all the happy memories you have created over the years 💖💖  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes, I gave a shout out for Avril a few days ago too.  Fingers crossed she’s just a bit bored with the board, as it were, and will drop in soon

I’ve had a mixed week, starting horribly with the loss of my other cat, just a few weeks after his “brother”.  He went downhill so rapidly you can’t help wondering about ‘broken heart’ etc.  

Anyway, after that we thought it would be good to get away, so we’ve been at the caravan.  Had some glorious sunny days and high temperatures but also some fierce ‘sea breezes’ 💨 💨 💨 

Dentist tomorrow, so we’ve made our way back.  They phoned on Friday to confirm I was still OK but said my dentist had been off all week with 🦠.  Eek!  I’m very pleased that the very small surgery room has two HEPA filters.  Hope they do their job - assuming she has a clear lft and is able to return to work

Happy holidays, to those who’re away/going away.  Get well soon to anyone currently unwell.  Hope to hear from Avril

Sorry to hear about your cat Eddie.

7b2aa82b258e14f703d8d77c636097a4.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Pam

Happy anniversary Pam.

16BAE748-7629-449F-AB37-968AF0377626.gif.473208a51bb791858c0f250666388322.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pam

Happy anniversary to you both Pam.

And sorry to hear about your cat Eddie.

• Thanks 2

I think the key to flavoursome mushrooms or indeed most things it would appear on Masterchef is about a pound of butter. I watched someone do a filet steak on the programme with aforementioned copious amounts of butter - all great but my more frugal mind thought well in a restaurant does that butter get thrown out then after use as there seemed loads left?? No wonder last week a filet steak meal in a local gastro pub was around £29 from memory. and wait for it sides other than salad chargeable individually. Brother paid or my memory would have been keener, even though would still have chosen it.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your cat Eddie.

7b2aa82b258e14f703d8d77c636097a4.jpg

Thank you Graham

I’ve lived with cats for all bar about 4 years of my life.  We’ve had a cat/cats since we were married.  It still seems strange that this is now a cat-free home.  I guess we’ll get used to it, in time

On a brighter note, it’s a lovely warm sunny day

• Like 3

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Your egg looks a bit hard and where is the sausage? 

I watched Carry on Cruising a couple of nights ago, for the very first time 😊 Cruising has changed a bit since then and I would wager the passengers paid more than we do.

We did have some sausages until our son had them 2 evenings in a row!

Cruising has changed but there are still some parallels with today’s version, e.g. the chap sat at the bar all the time would probably have the drinks package these days and be trying to get his money’s worth!

• Like 3

Eddie, so sorry to hear the sad news about your cat. In December we came back to an empty house from our Caribbean cruise. My lovely Cassie died unexpectedly and my friend, who looked after her, was as devastated as us. Having a daughter who is a Vet nurse I soon got the phone call to say they had an abandoned cat. It was a little bit too soon for me but we are now the owners of a our beautiful Evie. She has settled in really well and all the family love her. Like you I have had cats all my life and when they go they leave a great hole in your heart. I hope you feel better soon and just remember you gave your cat the best life. Xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Those are beautiful photos of Iona. Thanks for sharing.

Have heard that my daughter, her Husband and my granddaughter have been in bed quite ill since yesterday.  Only my granddaughter is testing positive, but it must be the same for the others  .My granddaughter is 18 and is quite poorly.  They are keeping a close eye on her.

I feel a bit helpless as I am banned.  They know we are away next week, and I wasn't planning on going anywhere till then.  I offered to help but they are very adamant we get on the cruise safely.   We will facetime.   With other things going on, they are having a very rough time of it lately.. they just don't deserve it all.  Hopefully happier times are ahead.

We nipped down to the Leas at Minster on Sea  earlier to watch Ambience go by.  She looked very tiny after going on Iona!,   Having seen her we are now getting a bit excited.(We did a Graham and bought cheeseburgers and chips while we ship and people watched😅)

• Like 6