P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Michelle.  Please, please check that. We flew to Spain on 30 March and they were checked in Lanzarote. I haven't seen anything official to say they are no longer required. On the Spanish government website the ' please click here ' button still shows for the Health declaration form. It only takes a minute to complete.

If you press the button, it takes you to a further page that clearly states that a PLF is not required. From the Spanish government web site:

Important information

To travel to Spain if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form.

On the homepage you can find more information about the vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test DCCs that are valid for travelling to Spain.

By clicking here: here you can consult the countries that have an EU equivalent certificate.

People in transit and children under the age of 12 do not have to show DCC or SPTH QR.

You will have to show the DCC prior to boarding and when passing the health controls, please follow the indications that you will see upon arrival at the airport.

For more information on the health requirements necessary to pass health controls at the airport of arrival in Spain, please click on this link: link.

Trip Advisor has numerous posts from travellers stating unequivocally that on arrival in Spain, the only checks now being done are on the vaccination documentation,  and even those checks are random. 

Edited by wowzz

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you press the button, it takes you to a further page that clearly states that a PLF is not required. From the Spanish government web site:

Important information

To travel to Spain if you have an EU DCC, or equivalent EU it is not necessary to complete the SpTH health control form.

On the homepage you can find more information about the vaccination, recovery or diagnostic test DCCs that are valid for travelling to Spain.

By clicking here: here you can consult the countries that have an EU equivalent certificate.

People in transit and children under the age of 12 do not have to show DCC or SPTH QR.

You will have to show the DCC prior to boarding and when passing the health controls, please follow the indications that you will see upon arrival at the airport.

For more information on the health requirements necessary to pass health controls at the airport of arrival in Spain, please click on this link: link.

Trip Advisor has numerous posts from travellers stating unequivocally that on arrival in Spain, the only checks now being done are on the vaccination documentation,  and even those checks are random. 

Thanks. They checked our vaccination certs and SPTH at Lanzarote 3 weeks ago. It's obviously changed. Hopefully, soon everybody will follow suit . No forms, no certificates, no tests. Our next overseas trip is to the Fjords in July. Norway let you in without a test, but the cruise companies still require them...at the moment.🤞

• Like 2

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Thanks. They checked our vaccination certs and SPTH at Lanzarote 3 weeks ago. It's obviously changed. Hopefully, soon everybody will follow suit . No forms, no certificates, no tests. Our next overseas trip is to the Fjords in July. Norway let you in without a test, but the cruise companies still require them...at the moment.🤞

On my recent Canaries cruise, a PLF was only required for Portugal, and even there it wasn't checked.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

On my recent Canaries cruise, a PLF was only required for Portugal, and even there it wasn't checked.

We had to fill a PLF for Portugal on our recent Iona cruise March 16th in Lisbon and for our Britannia cruise last week for Belgium and were not asked to show any documents whatsoever at either port.

We called at several Spanish ports on Iona March 5th-19th and no documentation was needed at any port either.

Edited by grapau27

28 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We called at several Spanish ports on Iona March 5th-19th and no documentation was needed at any port either.

To be fair, documentation  requirements for cruise passengers have always been different to those arriving by air for a holiday in Spain

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

To be fair, documentation  requirements for cruise passengers have always been different to those arriving by air for a holiday in Spain

I think a lot has changed with Covid.

We had to do a PLF for Portugal while on Iona last month and a PLF for Belgium for our cruise last week.

We were asked at Southampton check in if we had Belgium PLF although they did not ask to see it.

Edited by grapau27

We have just come back from having the traditional end of school holidays lunch with my niece and her children at a favourite local restaurant.  The children  were saying that none of their friends have an end of holidays meal out and think that it is a strange thing to do. I asked if they would prefer not to continue doing this now that they are teenagers and both gave an emphatic NO.  Does anyone on here think that it is a strange to celebrate the end of the dchool holidays ?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Who is volunteering for the pheasant plucker?

Leave me out of this  cos I'm not the Pheasant plucker, 
I'm the Pheasant plucker's mate.
I'm only plucking Pheasants because the Pheasant plucker's late. :classic_unsure:

I told my wife she was plucking her eyebrows too high.
She looked surprised. :classic_ohmy:

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have just come back from having the traditional end of school holidays lunch with my niece and her children at a favourite local restaurant.  The children  were saying that none of their friends have an end of holidays meal out and think that it is a strange thing to do. I asked if they would prefer not to continue doing this now that they are teenagers and both gave an emphatic NO.  Does anyone on here think that it is a strange to celebrate the end of the dchool holidays ?

We always have an end of the school holiday celebratory meal..... it is usually because we have eaten like horses and know that the start of a new term means the start of a diet ................. 

It is our last chance to spoil ourselves before the low cal meals appear again 😞

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

When I taught, I would never have celebrated the end of the school holiday! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Ardennais said:

When I taught, I would never have celebrated the end of the school holiday! 

7 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Nor me!

We started this when the children moaned about not seeing their friends during the school holidays because they spent the days at my house while their mum was  at work and I don't live close to any of their friends, so they celebrated getting to have more time with their friends.  It has continued for the last 2 years even though mum has been off work ill.  Their mum is planning to go back to work part-time in September if she gets the all clear from her oncologist after she finishes her current round of chemo.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Leave me out of this  cos I'm not the Pheasant plucker, 
I'm the Pheasant plucker's mate.
I'm only plucking Pheasants because the Pheasant plucker's late. :classic_unsure:

I told my wife she was plucking her eyebrows too high.
She looked surprised. :classic_ohmy:

You lot are too good for me with these tonguetwisters.I would have wrote the wrong word and got banned.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The Peacock's nest in the tree's surrounding Langley Castle Northumberland where we were today.

I thought it looked like Langley Castle. Best Sunday lunch I have ever had there 

Michelle 

• Like 1