P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning all. Strange day yesterday, I was due to work in the office but my manager emailed me Wednesday to say to work from home as there weren’t many desks free.

Went to sign on at home and the system was down! Phoned work and it was only down for home workers but was working in the office!! So, of course I had to go in! 
I wasn’t happy because I had a mad dash up there and I normally get everything together the night before. Luckily for them it happened to be John’s day off so instead of waiting for me to walk for half an hour I was only 10 minutes! 
We’ve all been given laptops now which is ok but it means I have to lug it up to work! First time I’ve used it at work so it was good to know it worked ok there. (We use two monitors so still have to connect it, was more simple than I thought.)

They’re getting rid of my office in August 😱so it’s all a bit uncertain. At first I thought it meant definite home working for me but the way a manager was talking yesterday it seems they want more people to come in 🤷‍♀️ All very unsettling, wish I could afford to retire! It’s not their fault I don’t  drive but I applied there because I knew I could walk. One of their other offices is two buses away so not great.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 2

Lovely sunny but chilly day. The tourist boom has really started so no trips to the seaside as I won't get parked so walking to the town centre to see if a crab might be available will be the sum total of my activities today. Low riders will be relaxing on any sofa they like as Brother has finally returned home and they are all walked out so they can have a rest weekend. 

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

We fly in the morning, just going to start packing now

Michelle

Hope you have a safe flight and a relaxing holiday.

We're off Thursday, or should I say Wednesday night as we have to be at Bristol by silly o'clock😒

38 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hope you have a safe flight and a relaxing holiday.

We're off Thursday, or should I say Wednesday night as we have to be at Bristol by silly o'clock😒

Thank you, hope you do too. Where are you going? We have to be at Manchester at 3am for flight at 6am

Michelle

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

Thank you, hope you do too. Where are you going? We have to be at Manchester at 3am for flight at 6am

Michelle

We're flying out to Malta to join Azura and like you we have a 6am flight, but Bristol is a good 3 hour drive from here.

I have been up to Truro this morning and the part of the A30 is going to be closed from Tuesday at night for 5 days, so we will be taking the scenic route, there are also roadworks  (the other side of the roundabout for the Truro turnoff) where they are making the road dual carriageway so don't know if that is closed too!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We're flying out to Malta to join Azura and like you we have a 6am flight, but Bristol is a good 3 hour drive from here.

I have been up to Truro this morning and the part of the A30 is going to be closed from Tuesday at night for 5 days, so we will be taking the scenic route, there are also roadworks  (the other side of the roundabout for the Truro turnoff) where they are making the road dual carriageway so don't know if that is closed too!

We are coming down to Cornwall in June (Perranporth) got a lovely lodge booked for a week. We always enjoy the drive down the A30, I know there are alot of roadworks at the moment in that area so hope they don't spoil the fun! 😁

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

It’s about an hour for us to Manchester which isn’t too bad. Hope the roadworks aren’t too bad for you 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

We are coming down to Cornwall in June (Perranporth) got a lovely lodge booked for a week. We always enjoy the drive down the A30, I know there are alot of roadworks at the moment in that area so hope they don't spoil the fun! 😁

We will give you all a wave. Off to St Ives at the end of may.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

1 minute ago, zap99 said:

We will give you all a wave. Off to St Ives at the end of may.

It looks like it's going to be chock a block down here like last year!!🤣  (Couldn't get a restaurant booking unless you had it booked days in advance during last summer)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, purplesea said:

It looks like it's going to be chock a block down here like last year!!🤣  (Couldn't get a restaurant booking unless you had it booked days in advance during last summer)

We had better start booking. Birdies Bistro, the meadery in Newlyn. That place in St Ives where all the press pack got Covid, watermill.......that's enough to start off.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise Pam.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had better start booking. Birdies Bistro, the meadery in Newlyn. That place in St Ives where all the press pack got Covid, watermill.......that's enough to start off.🤣

Pend Olva Hotel, is where the German press were staying and it shut because of covid, and cases spiked after G7 and if we were had been a European country we would have been on the red list!!🙃

• Like 1