P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We stayed in Southampton the night before our cruise, in the morning we took a walk to make sure Britannia had arrived and saw Arcadia looking lovely in the sun.

94F939AB-DE49-4582-B022-0528A3FAC9C9.jpeg

We saw Arcadia.

Queen Elizabeth and Fred Olsen Bolette.

Both mornings we went to Carluccios for breakfast.

IMG_20220415_093848.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We saw Arcadia.

IMG_20220415_093848.jpg

This is getting silly now - we had the premier Inn breakfast but we had dinner Thursday night in Carluccios  😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Quite pleasant down here this morning, blue sky with a few clouds and sunny, but chilly.

Got posh frock and OH's suit on the line washed to get ready for next week, and waiting for the post man to deliver my LFT's. My to do list is getting shorter, apart from packing the only thing left then will be PLF forms.

Hope everyone enjoys their day.

• Like 3

Thank you all I now have bought the railcard after your feedback. At the very least I will use it to go to Norwich regularly and prevent myself driving round aimlessly after getting lost. But I am going to "go places" just go get to Norwich etc and get the train somewhere. 

9 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Thank you all I now have bought the railcard after your feedback. At the very least I will use it to go to Norwich regularly and prevent myself driving round aimlessly after getting lost. But I am going to "go places" just go get to Norwich etc and get the train somewhere. 

When we had a long weekend in Wroxham years ago we got the bus into Norwich.It was a lot easier than driving.It was a more direct route than yours probably,Brian.

Early start to the day, the blind in the kitchen fell down at 2:30 am we thought someone had broken in, a crept downstairs with a No 7 Iron in my hand, to find said blind in sink and saucepan that was on draining board on the floor. Went back to bed but took a while to get back to sleep, looking at blind this morning, it is unrepairable, so looks like we need to get 2 new blinds as 2 windows in kitchen diner area with same blinds, as over 10 years old will not be able to match.They were both made to measure as windows not standard size, so time to search for local suppliers.

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

at 2:30 am we thought someone had broken in, a crept downstairs with a No 7 Iron in my hand,

I'm trying to visualise this .. Did you shout "FORE"  as you entered the kitchen :classic_unsure::classic_wink: ??

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We saw Arcadia.

IMG_20220415_093848.jpg

Our local Carluccio’s was one of those closed when they went into Administration in 2020, now owned by the same company that owns Harry Ramsden’s and few other well known names, Boparan Holdings. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boparan_Holdings

The meal doesn’t look very Italian. 🤔

Good morning everyone still a little grey skies here but I’m sure it will brighten up later , I’m off taking the grandchildren to the pictures today ££££ so expensive nowadays and then lunch afterwards,only taking two of them today instead of the seven last week so should be quieter 🥴 enjoy your day everybody today.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  We have woken up to another bright sunny morning, I hope that it won't be like yesterday when we had a sunny morning that turned showery in the afternoon so that we got soaked when we were bowling.  The bowling was a bad start to the season, we lost even though we were on our own green, we can only improve. I have 6 hours at the pharmacy today booking people in for their vaccinations, mostly people coming in for 4th doses at the moment. 

Have a good day  and enjoy whatever you are  doing.

• Like 5

A sunny morning here, temperature currently around 8C.

Lots of white feathers on the lawn, probably a wood pigeons, and small pot knocked over, seems we have had an early morning visit from local Sparrowhawk and I forgot to put out trail cam last night, it would have probably caught whatever it was. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone still a little grey skies here but I’m sure it will brighten up later , I’m off taking the grandchildren to the pictures today ££££ so expensive nowadays and then lunch afterwards,only taking two of them today instead of the seven last week so should be quieter 🥴 enjoy your day everybody today.

Just wondered if you had 'Meerkat' movies through the comparison site?  If you have an Odeon cinema close by you get 2 for one on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for a year.

I only bought a one day travel insurance through the comparison site at the grand total of £1.01 (strangely enough for my trip to Leeds tomorrow to see Andre Rieu) and get BOGOF tickets for a year!

Might be useful for you.

• Thanks 1

Bright with high cloud here. Showered, LFT'd and breakfasted and will be off to the Museum to do my Theatre Archiving shortly. Finish that lunchtime and am then jumping on the train to go down to Tilbury/Gravesend to see the new Ambassador cruise ship go off on it's Maiden Voyage. Weather set fine so thought it would make a nice afternoon out.

• Like 4

10c and sunny here this morning.

Had 3 yo grandson round yesterday. Wore him out going for walks and to the playground, he kept trying to go to sleep in the afternoon but DIL doesn't like him him doing so because then he then wakes up at 5 in the morning. Was a struggle to stop him having shut eyes!!!!

10 minutes ago, Britboys said:

then jumping on the train to go down to Tilbury/Gravesend to see the new Ambassador cruise ship go off on it's Maiden Voyage. Weather set fine so thought it would make a nice afternoon out.

We were looking for a live web cam of her today (we are in her end of next week), but not a lot came up.  We often watch the cruise passengers comings and goings at Southampton.

3 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We were looking for a live web cam of her today (we are in her end of next week), but not a lot came up.  We often watch the cruise passengers comings and goings at Southampton.

Much less cruise traffic at Tilbury so no-one has set up a webcam as far as I know.

53 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Much less cruise traffic at Tilbury so no-one has set up a webcam as far as I know.

I've seen loads for sale at Tilbury boot fair.They belonged to some bloke with the initials PLA.

• Like 1

Good Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is well or on the way to recovery for those that are poorly.

Bright and sunny down here again, two days in a row😲 and temp at 12oC.

Meeting a friend for coffee at the local garden centre later, so will have a look around while there too.

Have a good day.

Pam

• Like 2

Morning not much to do today , to pass the time I put the radio on 2 and listened 

to Pop Master. I got a fair few right , I'm ok providing the questions are not about

the most up to date stuff . As for the weather bright and sunny and the clouds 

seem to be thinning out ,which I don't mind providing it does not interfere with 

my PC as I have a lot of things stored in the cloud :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Have lovely day everyone stay safe /get better and take care :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Dh’s birthday today, just waiting for the promised sun to come out & the plan is to go for a walk along the coast a bit in his favourite spot that we never seem to meet anyone although it’s well walked. He’s had this week off, not done much, but he’s had a good play in his workshop sorting his model engines 🙄Having an Indian takeaway tonight, youngest is home from uni, taking him & his girlfriend back to Bournemouth on Saturday. 

• Like 4