P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's doing ok and nice to see a few old posters back and noted 

that Sea Jane has liked a post ,so hopefully is doing ok :classic_love:

Looking through last weeks posts I see that our cruise buddies were sharing such tips 

as taking the battery operated tea lights to guide them to the loo in the unearthly hours

after a good night on the drink or those boxes or bottles of wine you brought with you.

That then brought the topic around to cork screws . Even I take one on board  and we 

don't ever drink wine :classic_unsure: (To be fair it is attached to a bottle opener) As discussed by 

some ,a lot of wine bottles are screw top but some are not ,so it's handy to have a corkscrew 

with you when your cruising . There are lots of shapes and sizes when it comes to corkscrews 

I thought the one below could be handy for some of you .

Have a nice day and keep safe everyone :classic_smile::classic_love:

60132.jpg.f678e83500393211f9a04a1abce4312a.jpg 

We’re fine thank you Kalos. I’ve been following the threads recently, but not contributed much.
We’re just coming to the end of 3 weeks in North Cornwall. We’ve had a variety of weather, but it’s included lots of sunshine and it’s been lovely to have a change of scenery after a seemingly never ending dull and damp winter at home! 

• Like 10

After seeing Pete's video I have been looking at some cruises to Norway on - - - - wait for it, Britannia😵!!!!  Yes, I know I said she was too big for us, but it was either that or Iona, because Arcadia and Aurora aren't doing the date we want(my birthday) We're interested in a superior deluxe balcony, but does anyone know if they have a shower over a bath or shower only. I can't seem to find the information anywhere. Thanks.

Avril

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

After seeing Pete's video I have been looking at some cruises to Norway on - - - - wait for it, Britannia😵!!!!  Yes, I know I said she was too big for us, but it was either that or Iona, because Arcadia and Aurora aren't doing the date we want(my birthday) We're interested in a superior deluxe balcony, but does anyone know if they have a shower over a bath or shower only. I can't seem to find the information anywhere. Thanks.

Avril

From what I remember, just a shower with a nice, glass screen, not a horrible curtain... 

We had a great Fjords cruise on Britannia, its a beautiful ship, never felt crowded. 

Andy 

• Like 2

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

From what I remember, just a shower with a nice, glass screen, not a horrible curtain... 

We had a great Fjords cruise on Britannia, its a beautiful ship, never felt crowded. 

Andy 

Thanks Andy, just the answer I was hoping for. I find it difficult to clamber over the bath sides now. With my short legs and the high-sided bath it's an accident waiting to happen, especially when the ships rocking a bit🙃

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks Andy, just the answer I was hoping for. I find it difficult to clamber over the bath sides now. With my short legs and the high-sided bath it's an accident waiting to happen, especially when the ships rocking a bit🙃

Avril

Looking on you tube they appear to have baths with a shower screen. 
Iona has separate showers with no bath. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

We went to the Fjords on Britannia, didn't seem to big to us. In a couple of months we go again on a small ship. Silhouette.🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The ordinary balcony with sofa have a shower. 

28 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Looking on you tube they appear to have baths with a shower screen. 
Iona has separate showers with no bath. 

Oh dear, that's a big problem for me, it has to be shower only. Never mind, back to the drawing board I guess😒

Thank you for your help.

Avril

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear, that's a big problem for me, it has to be shower only. Never mind, back to the drawing board I guess😒

Thank you for your help.

Avril

Avril, the De Luxe balcony cabins do have a shower with a glass door and although they are shorter they are the same width, and all the port and starboard balconies do have exactly the same size balconies, so you only lose the sofa. Maybe those would be suitable, and if you opt for an aft cabin they do have bigger balconies.

By the way nice to have you back posting, and glad you are both feeling better.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you for your help.

Avril

Did you see my later post regarding the delux balcony with sofa that has a shower. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

I too was looking at the Fjords on Britannia last night, as my son sent me a text saying that they were interested in booking.

We have been on Britannia before and all the cabins we had just had showers (cabin numbers - B204, B914, D202 and B719).

• Thanks 1

Morning hope everyone's all good :classic_smile: It's a bit cool outside so it's being a morning 

going through the papers ,nothing new ,same old and how everything is so expensive .

Some people though have more money than sense ,have you read about  that Elon Musk

guy ?  He has only gone and  bought Twitter for £44 billion! :classic_ohmy: Has no one told him 

he can get it for nowt on the App Store? :classic_unsure: It's nice to read that a lot of you on here are 

getting away on holiday or at least planning or dreaming of one .Only yesterday my mate

Barry phoned me and said he was thinking of touring Ireland but wasn't sure exactly 

whereabouts yet . I asked him " What do you think of County Down ?"  He said ....

"To be honest he hadn't watched it much since Carol Vorderman left." :classic_huh::classic_smile:

Hope you all have a good day ,take care and keep safe :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

10 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Did you see my later post regarding the delux balcony with sofa that has a shower. 

Yes I did, thank you, however they look far too small and compact for us. I shall have to have a rethink. We tend to spend quite some time in our cabin, relaxing quietly and watching the world go by.

The ships are getting bigger but the cabin space is getting smaller.

I guess both of us are 'Old Fashioned Cruisers', a dying breed.🤔

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 2

Nice sunny day down here, clear blue sky with not a cloud to be seen although a bit breezy.

Need to pop out to the shops in a bit then get on, do the last minute bit of ironing  and get the rest of the packing done, and LFTs to take - that's my project for today

Hope everyone has a good day.

Pam 

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Yes I did, thank you, however they look far too small and compact for us. I shall have to have a rethink. We tend to spend quite some time in our cabin, relaxing quietly and watching the world go by.

The ships are getting bigger but the cabin space is getting smaller.

I guess both of us are 'Old Fashioned Cruisers', a dying breed.🤔

Avril

Our cabin, G407 I think, definitely didn't feel small. 

It has a sofa and was very well appointed and very comfortable. 

We spent a lot of time in the cabin as Michelle was unwell for a few days and never felt like we were crammed in. 

Andy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

There is a review of the inaugural Ambassador cruise on the UK Cruisers forum, for those who are interested.

Thanks for that.  The older ships do not interest me these days, although we had some good cruises in small inside cabins on the likes of the Carousel and Sunbird.

Moved on since that time and enjoy a bit of space and balcony.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Off to sign our wills !

Followed by a pub lunch to celebrate !

Been there done that a few years ago plus did a pay now die later funeral ,so the kids have

no nasty surprises in the future. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

We have had several superior deluxe balconies and they have all had bath's with shower above.

Only adapted cabins have shower only.

Our bathroom in our standard aft balcony on Britannia last week was very compact and the plastic shower door only opened outwards unlike Iona's which opened in and out of the shower.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Been there done that a few years ago plus did a pay now die later funeral ,so the kids have

no nasty surprises in the future. 

"Pay now die later" sounds like the next Bond film.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4