P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Getting geared up for Our visits to Commonwealth Games next week, off to Edgbaston on Tuesday for Women’s T20 Cricket, England V South Africa and Sri Lanka v New Zealand. On Wednesday we are off to the Men’s Hockey. 

We have tickets for the T20 Final a week on Sunday, hoping that England Women get to final. We decided to splash out on tickets as events virtually on our doorstep and we probably won’t get the opportunity again. 

• Like 10

Good morning peeps. 

have a question for you guys. 

how do I get creases out of a shirt without ironing? 

im jumping ship and going to the dark side and they don’t have iron and I really will not want to pay €35 or whatever it is to get them pressed. 

so is there something I can take or can I pack them better?

4 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning peeps. 

im jumping ship and going to the dark side and they don’t have iron and I really will not want to pay €35 or whatever it is to get them pressed. 

Either hang it in the bathroom while having a very hot shower (steaming it), or take a small empty spray bottle to fill with water and spray the creases  while it's hanging up. One or the other usually works for me.

• Like 1

Are you impressed by the Women's football team?  They were fantastic last night, beating the second best team by a large margin.  Almost the best thing is the inspiration for young girls to take up the game, great exercise if nothing else (though preferably no heading the ball).

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Are you impressed by the Women's football team?  They were fantastic last night, beating the second best team by a large margin.  Almost the best thing is the inspiration for young girls to take up the game, great exercise if nothing else (though preferably no heading the ball).

Russo's goal was ...:classic_love:    https://youtu.be/ewKP1Mfghok  

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Good morning peeps. 

There are shirt carriers you can buy and while they would still cost you at least you can use them over and over again. My OH had one for business trips bought years ago which is a box with pads to hold the shape of the back of the shirt. Im sure you would get one on Amazon or some such but they only take one shirt.

We don’t use it now as OH has found a full proof way of packing dress shirts. They always go at the top of the case and he uses the whole size of the case to lay our the shirt completely flat face up and drapes the arms over the centre. They come out as they went in, ready to wear.

I’ll be very interested to hear how your MSC cruise goes if you have the time to review it a bit. The ship looks lovely, I’ve been looking at it as well and got status match. It will be useful to hear from someone who has done P&O as a comparison.

Have fun!

I just overheard one of our neighbours (he is a bit deaf so shouts all of the time) talking to another neighbour who came back from Spain last night.  He was telling him that David and I have had covid since we got home from our cruise, he said that we were not isolating because he had seen us in the garden several times.  I had to smile when the other one said that was OK because he and his wife have also tested positive this morning, so perhaps between us we could infect the rest if the close.  It went deadly quiet, I just wish I could have seen the first neighbour's face.

• Like 2
  • Haha 13

56 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Anything that encourages girls to enjoy exercise is a good thing. Good luck to the ladies, the publicity of a win would add to the effect.

I didn’t watch the match (not really into football) but I did see the heel kicked goal which was impressive.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just wish I could have seen the first neighbour's face.

Once you and David are clear ,you could go out into the garden when the neighbours out 

and tell him the good news . But dab spots all over your faces with a red lipstick and 

say to him  " If we could just get rid of this monkey pox and we will be fine "

Ps if you do please post picture of neighbours face :classic_wink:

• Haha 15

Good morning, overcast here today, managing to sit on the patio without being attacked so far today! 
Football last night was fantastic, very well played & nice to see no pretend falling down crying like the men! Fingers crossed for Sunday. Definitely encouraging for girls to play, my daughter played for her school & loved it. 
Not planning much today, have walked the dog & cleaned the kitchen floor, too exciting! 
Have a good day everyone, those poorly get better soon. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

Sunny here today, my neighbour was asking the other day if we’d encountered any rogue bees, apparently banging against your head & following. Well today we’ve had the same trouble & the dog too, it’s even tried to follow us through the netting to stop the farm flys ( another story) Think it might be a wasp rather than a bee, but it’s a bit scary 😦 

Don't tell Harry,he'll say they're down from London.

• Haha 1

I sometimes wonder why I keep my group of friends.  They have been out for lunch for one's birthday but I couldn't go so they have all sent photos of what they were eating.  I will get even with each of them when I can, starting on Monday when I will meet up with the first one for our craft group.😇

• Haha 2

Hello all, life is jogging along here. Doing lots over at my parents new flat, we’re slowly getting there.

John had an extra day off yesterday so we took ourselves off to Whitstable which was lovely, just pleasantly warm, not too hot. 

F8261A7E-167D-4532-9CB8-F437AFABF1AA.jpeg

BA676A62-5DEA-4DFA-BEFF-FFD60826F301.jpeg

FF8B56CF-88E7-49CA-A8F5-2F9750D1BB16.jpeg

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 14

6 hours ago, lincslady said:

The football was a very high standard.

I have been very impressed with the passing,goals and tactics.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, life is jogging along here. Doing lots over at my parents new flat, we’re slowly getting there.

John had an extra day off yesterday so we took ourselves off to Whitstable which was lovely, just pleasantly warm, not too hot. 

F8261A7E-167D-4532-9CB8-F437AFABF1AA.jpeg

BA676A62-5DEA-4DFA-BEFF-FFD60826F301.jpeg

FF8B56CF-88E7-49CA-A8F5-2F9750D1BB16.jpeg

I always love Whitstable 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Russo's goal was ...:classic_love:    https://youtu.be/ewKP1Mfghok  

I was watching the game took me a few seconds to realise what she had done, the skill to be able to do that whilst running the opposite way is exceptional and on top of that nutmegs the goalkeeper. 

👏👏👏👏

• Like 2

Visit to dentist this afternoon new crown fitted an excellent fit, the 3D scan gives much better results than the “plasticine” stuff. Said he will see me in 9 months, hopefully no repeat of the last time he said it in December 2019. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

There are shirt carriers you can buy and while they would still cost you at least you can use them over and over again. My OH had one for business trips bought years ago which is a box with pads to hold the shape of the back of the shirt. Im sure you would get one on Amazon or some such but they only take one shirt.

We don’t use it now as OH has found a full proof way of packing dress shirts. They always go at the top of the case and he uses the whole size of the case to lay our the shirt completely flat face up and drapes the arms over the centre. They come out as they went in, ready to wear.

I’ll be very interested to hear how your MSC cruise goes if you have the time to review it a bit. The ship looks lovely, I’ve been looking at it as well and got status match. It will be useful to hear from someone who has done P&O as a comparison.

Have fun!

yes I always do reviews. My memory isn’t great even though I’m only 34 so I like to write it all down to remember it. 

we got as status match too. Only lowly classic though 😂 but it got me obc and money off the cruise. 

slightly worried it won’t be as good as p&o

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

yes I always do reviews. My memory isn’t great even though I’m only 34 so I like to write it all down to remember it. 

we got as status match too. Only lowly classic though 😂 but it got me obc and money off the cruise. 

slightly worried it won’t be as good as p&o

It will be different but if you go with an open mind you will find things you enjoy about it (and keep in mind it cost less too). We have travelled with Marella and go knowing that some aspects are not as good as on P&O eg older ships but we still have excellent cruises.

Look forward to hearing all about it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

(and keep in mind it cost less too

Actually, from reports I have seen, when you add on drink costs,  speciality meal costs etc, the price difference is less than it appears. 

Having said that,  Vamps with her spread sheets, will have taken all of that into account. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

It will be different but if you go with an open mind you will find things you enjoy about it (and keep in mind it cost less too). We have travelled with Marella and go knowing that some aspects are not as good as on P&O eg older ships but we still have excellent cruises.

Look forward to hearing all about it.

Both the msc ones were actually more expensive than the p&o ones we have booked 8 nights for £2050 and 7 nights for £1950. The p&o was booked ages in advance on release date I think for £1500 for 7 nights and £2600 for 14 nights. Only difference is that the msc ones fall in the school holidays for this year and we’re late deals. 

im definitely going with an open mind. I though I’d not like p&o back when we started and we did. And it’s all going to be what we make of it anyway. 

• Like 1