P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

If I told you I'd have to send you a smelly dead fish.Could you be so kind as to give me your postcode.

Of course. It is SW1A 0AA. As many smelly dead fish as you like should be directed there.

• Haha 4

Well the pub was shut so they had cars out looking for him.. they got him.   They moved once we found small spirit bottles and a can down the seats.

He is on Linkedin which is a business Listing as a Met Officer, but his demeanour was not.  He was very lighthearted about it.  Someone checked and he was taxed and insured. The Police are checking but suspect he was impersonating an Officer.  If he was genuine, he probably wont be for long.  It was a very serious accident, no brake or skid marks, car total write off, he was very very lucky.  He had no shoes or socks on.  Very odd.

Local builder was brilliant.  Came three times to help to clear, and will put up temp fences tomorrow.

Because of covid.. we moved in mid way and  we haven't met many  of the neighbours.   We have now!!!!!!!

I'm exhausted so its got to be a McDonalds

• Like 11

Just returned home after 5 wonderful days away in Cheshire for my goddaughter’s wedding.

How lovely it was to see everyone joining in and enjoying themselves.

However as someone who has so far dodged you know what, I do wonder what the next few days will bring 🤣🤣

It’s going to take me ages to catch up on the last 5 days of posting on here tho! But, so sorry to hear about the accident by your house Indiana - sounds very dodgy indeed! Enjoy your McDonalds!

• Like 9

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Well the pub was shut so they had cars out looking for him.. they got him.   They moved once we found small spirit bottles and a can down the seats.

He is on Linkedin which is a business Listing as a Met Officer, but his demeanour was not.  He was very lighthearted about it.  Someone checked and he was taxed and insured. The Police are checking but suspect he was impersonating an Officer.  If he was genuine, he probably wont be for long.  It was a very serious accident, no brake or skid marks, car total write off, he was very very lucky.  He had no shoes or socks on.  Very odd.

Local builder was brilliant.  Came three times to help to clear, and will put up temp fences tomorrow.

Because of covid.. we moved in mid way and  we haven't met many  of the neighbours.   We have now!!!!!!!

I'm exhausted so its got to be a McDonalds

I was appalled when I read your first post, relieved he is an imposter. Although I retired from the police many years ago, I am always angry when I read of police offers behaving badly.

My niece, who just completing her first year, went to her car at the weekend, parked in the police car park. She saw that the drivers side was badly scratched and dented. There was no note on her windscreen so she saw the duty sergeant. A check of CCTV revealed a fellow officer reversing next to her car, hitting it, getting out, having a look at the damage and driving off !  Needless to say he is in deep trouble, and will be lucky to keep his job. What is incredulous is he must have known the car park was well covered with CCTV. The police service is better off without his sort.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Had a fantastic week attending the Commonwealth Games in my wife’s home city of Birmingham where we attended T20 Women’s Cricket at Edgbaston & Mens Hockey at The University of Birmingham both familiar places to my wife as this was there area she grew up in, lots of memories came flooding back and we made some new ones as well. The Sport side culminated with the T20 Final between Australia & India, the former added the Commonwealth title to their existing World Cup and T20 World Cup titles, a formidable side, but India with tremendous local support too them to the wire, the difference being 9 runs.

Tonight we saw the games come to an end with an amazing closing show, I saw my “musical life” flash by, West Midlands artist Spencer Davis, Group, Led Zeppelin, Duran Duran,  Beverley Knight, UB40, Dexy’s Midnight Runners. The talk was of who was the surprise Special Guest, many thought ELO or Slade or perhaps an Aussie, Kylie was favourite here. Instead of an Aussie we got Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath, now that was a surprise.! They played Paranoid, the single of which I still have and was banned from played at home when my mother & stepfather were at home. At the age of 70 finally got to see Sabbath live.

The organisation of these Games has been outstanding, we left Edgbaston at 9.00pm last night caught shuttle bus to city, got on train and were back in our hotel in Longbridge but 10:15. We have met some wonderful people from across the commonwealth and had a brilliant time sat amongst Indian Cricket Fans last night, they were so full of life. 

Brum you did us proud. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 3:22 PM, wowzz said:

Apropos of nothing, do you know that B&Q and Screwfix are owned by the same company ?

I never understand why people go to B&Q when often the same product is cheaper in Screwfix . 

I didn’t know they were the same company but we found Scewfix to be brilliant, especially in lockdown (or just after)

Click  and collect was brilliant and well organised (sorry Josy!)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, indiana123 said:

A car has crashed into our garden wall.  Cars a write off.  Driver a Met Officer.  He invited us for a drink.  I told him that was a stupid thing to do as someone could call the Police.  He arrogantly said he was the Police.

He's now up the pub.  Someone told us they smelt drink before he went.  We have found three miniature spirit bottles down the car seat.

Many calls to Police who say they are coming on blue lights and sirens  No sign yet and its now two hours. They say its priority.  Probably because he is a Police Officer.

😱 that’s quite shocking.  I hope it all gets sorted ok.

• Like 1

Morning all, typically awake early on my day off. Yesterday the alarm had to wake me for work. Hard going in the heat, especially the walk home at 1pm! I wore a baseball cap for the walk, got some funny looks but there was no shade!

My days consist mainly of work and sorting out my parents . Latest - mum fell in the kitchen, grabbed at the towel rail John put up about two weeks ago and pulled it off the wall 🙄

We did treat ourselves to a light lunch at a pub in the old dockyard Sunday with fabulous views. We picked the boat we want 😃

2734E5BE-A73D-420C-B678-CDC39069EF07.jpeg

87ACE567-B237-47BE-B035-3EFFEF02EC5B.jpeg

82DF0C22-9827-4A6D-97F6-6F02D64D54A1.jpeg

• Like 14

Re the car that crashed into the wall.  We think some lowlife has been and taken  load of bricks off and chucked them on the pavement.   The way it is we don't think it could have happened by accident, and also we had the wall checked by builders last night.  The bricks are a way from the wall.  too far to have fallen.

I may be wrong and someone thought there was a danger and somehow pulled them down for safety reasons or some oiks did it for fun.  I'll have to keep an open mind I suppose, but its not helping us to look forward to our holiday on Thursday.

We haven't heard yet if he was a Met Officer.. local Police said they will let us know.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, typically awake early on my day off. Yesterday the alarm had to wake me for work. Hard going in the heat, especially the walk home at 1pm! I wore a baseball cap for the walk, got some funny looks but there was no shade!

My days consist mainly of work and sorting out my parents . Latest - mum fell in the kitchen, grabbed at the towel rail John put up about two weeks ago and pulled it off the wall 🙄

We did treat ourselves to a light lunch at a pub in the old dockyard Sunday with fabulous views. We picked the boat we want 😃

I worked over the road from that pub from 1996 to 2009.

• Like 1

Love your boat 😂

• Haha 1

Great location and nice photo of you Sue.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/8/2022 at 6:52 AM, brian1 said:

I wondered why Marlon Brandos face was on the reverse side.Must be a local issue.

Offloaded the 500 Marlon note at the post office to pay the water bill and binman tax.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Had a fantastic week attending the Commonwealth Games in my wife’s home city of Birmingham where we attended T20 Women’s Cricket at Edgbaston & Mens Hockey at The University of Birmingham both familiar places to my wife as this was there area she grew up in, lots of memories came flooding back and we made some new ones as well. The Sport side culminated with the T20 Final between Australia & India, the former added the Commonwealth title to their existing World Cup and T20 World Cup titles, a formidable side, but India with tremendous local support too them to the wire, the difference being 9 runs.

Tonight we saw the games come to an end with an amazing closing show, I saw my “musical life” flash by, West Midlands artist Spencer Davis, Group, Led Zeppelin, Duran Duran,  Beverley Knight, UB40, Dexy’s Midnight Runners. The talk was of who was the surprise Special Guest, many thought ELO or Slade or perhaps an Aussie, Kylie was favourite here. Instead of an Aussie we got Ozzy Osbourne and Black Sabbath, now that was a surprise.! They played Paranoid, the single of which I still have and was banned from played at home when my mother & stepfather were at home. At the age of 70 finally got to see Sabbath live.

The organisation of these Games has been outstanding, we left Edgbaston at 9.00pm last night caught shuttle bus to city, got on train and were back in our hotel in Longbridge but 10:15. We have met some wonderful people from across the commonwealth and had a brilliant time sat amongst Indian Cricket Fans last night, they were so full of life. 

Brum you did us proud. 

I thought the whole event from beginning to end was excellent.

As I always say, when sport is done right, it’s a very powerful way to bring people together. 

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Offloaded the 500 Marlon note at the post office to pay the water bill and binman tax.

Was it not enough for the wine bill to have as an alternative to water and did you walk our alive?

• Haha 2