P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Loving all the food pics.

We’re lunching out, later, so I may have some fishy nom-nom to add

In the meantime, a kestrel vid from this morning.  He went away without his breakfast but we saw him nab a very large mouse a few days back.

I hope everyone is OK.  I read this thread most days but don’t post a lot now

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We decided that it was too warm to eat inside so it was a barbecue for 2 in the  back garden, shame I  didn't  pit the washing line  and prop away first ☺️20220812_121458.thumb.jpg.06e127ab1f8a1b08086305854551075c.jpg

The glass of wine was definitely a mistake, I am back inside feeling very sleepy now 😴 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Unusually warm where I am, in Riga - 29°. Thank heavens for aircon on ship when you get back from walking the town and your feet are on fire! Great place though.

Riga was a surprise favourite of mine on my last Baltic cruise. A really lovely city.

Groundhog weather here - not a cloud in the sky and 32⁰. Got some ironing done early before the temperature rose too much. Had my swim and now chilling indoors in the cool before meeting a friend tonight for a trip to Pizza Express.

• Like 3

Seasons greeting one and all, I’ve just had my first Christmas food order email.

The garden centre is also setting up Christmas trees, could not believe it when I saw them this morning - then the email.

It definitely gets earlier each year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Seasons greeting one and all, I’ve just had my first Christmas food order email.

The garden centre is also setting up Christmas trees, could not believe it when I saw them this morning - then the email.

Think I'd boycott anywhere putting up Christmas displays in August. Utterly ludicrous....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It’s 33C here have seen more Fire Engines in one day go past our house tan I normally see in a year. We have had a number of roadside grass fires break out locally, most probably caused by a careless cigarette being tossed out of the window, but with the grass tinder dry round here the slightest spark can cause a fire which spreads quickly, one fire was quite close to a row a terraced houses.

Also have 2 fields on fire in the north of the borough with fire officers and farmers working in tandem. The Fire Service trying to put out the fire and farmers with their tractors ploughing a fire break in an attempt to protect the rest of the crop which was in the process of being harvested. 

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

It’s 33C here have seen more Fire Engines in one day go past our house tan I normally see in a year. We have had a number of roadside grass fires break out locally, most probably caused by a careless cigarette being tossed out of the window, but with the grass tinder dry round here the slightest spark can cause a fire which spreads quickly, one fire was quite close to a row a terraced houses.

Also have 2 fields on fire in the north of the borough with fire officers and farmers working in tandem. The Fire Service trying to put out the fire and farmers with their tractors ploughing a fire break in an attempt to protect the rest of the crop which was in the process of being harvested. 

Scary isn’t it….

32c here in Dorset. Parts of Studland (near Swanage) are on fire and I suspect there will be a lot more incidents before any rain comes on Monday.

I hope everyone keeps safe.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Scary isn’t it….

32c here in Dorset. Parts of Studland (near Swanage) are on fire and I suspect there will be a lot more incidents before any rain comes on Monday.

I hope everyone keeps safe.

Looking out of our bedroom window all I can see in the North West is smoke haze, even here 6 miles away can smell it. Just after I posted this another Fire Engine went past with blues and twos going, and we are not in a main road, so this fire must be nearby, possibly on the old Victorian Spoil Heap which is normally green but is very brown currently, no significant rain here since early June. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

It won't be too long now then before the Easter Eggs are on sale!🙄

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Nice to see you Avril

There’s Work Christmas Do’s before Easter Eggs.  Organisers may already be getting flyers from local bars and restaurants with tempting offers for the annual horror (or perhaps that’s just me?)

524D58A4-E967-44F2-B8FE-FB40327AA853.thumb.jpeg.56905c72b8a1647c12a758eb5c86a7fd.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Another hot day in prospect here, already 25°.   I have had a text from our bowls team  captain saying that our match for this afternoon is postponed until next Friday evening due to the heat so that is a relief.

It will probably be rearranged for a cold, wet and windy night in Stoke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4