P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Weather here doesn't seem to know what to do, it's sunny, it's not then a short shower, shall I go out or stay in?

While I was pondering this I started flicking through one of the cruise booklets from a TA that popped through the door this morning, I noticed they have started calling tips "crew appreciation" costs on Princess, which seems odd as the US usually shorten things or use acronyms, so while I ponder this further I will pop to the bladder evacuation chamber. Have a good day folks and hopefully those with the dreaded lurgy are improving.

Also interesting to note that,  regardless of what they are called, the autotips are now pooled amongst the entire Princess fleet,  and payments,  incentives etc are paid from this central kitty. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Morning peeps

i agree with graham and avril. This thread that’s been going for so long now will have helped many when we were all a little bit alone. 

I have one week to go till I’m back on a cruise. Slightly apprehensive though as it’s not with p&o and I’m one of those people who likes what they know and doesn’t really like new things. I haven’t even started packing yet. It’s been a long 4 weeks so far with the school holidays. Will be nice to relax a bit. 

Vamps - hope you have a great cruise. Make sure you come back here and let us know how you got on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Well said Sandra @Purdey16

Wow you have had some lucky escapes.

What are Things Like Where You Are?

This is the thread title so everything you have mentioned  can be posted here as long as we abide by cc rules and I'm sure it has helped everyone who has posted since March 21st 2020 when the thread started.

Graham.

While the thread has appeared to help a great number of people , which is a positive thing that many obviously appreciate,  it does feel at times like some other social media sites which I am not on or ever will be, my OH,  who is on it ,shows me some of the banal and utter rubbish that gets posted which can't possible be of any support or help to anybody. Would any of that be useful to me during Covid,   not at all, there have been far worse things to deal with in my life than that    

3 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

While the thread has appeared to help a great number of people , which is a positive thing that many obviously appreciate,  it does feel at times like some other social media sites which I am not on or ever will be, my OH,  who is on it ,shows me some of the banal and utter rubbish that gets posted which can't possible be of any support or help to anybody. Would any of that be useful to me during Covid,   not at all, there have been far worse things to deal with in my life than that    

Like you say some other sites show the worst of social media and why I only post on cc and TripAdvisor.

This thread has developed through our pandemic experiences of lockdown and personal health problems and everyone shows respect and compassion for each other and why it has been so popular since our host introduced the thread on March 21st 2020.

Graham.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

I'm sorry, but if you don't appreciate, say, wowzz's annual wheelie bin power washing session, or his adventures buying ant powder a while ago, then you really are beyond help. 🤣

Some people are sooooo difficult to please.😂

Edited by AnnieC
Added a laughing emoticon...
  • Like 5
  • Haha 15

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Also interesting to note that,  regardless of what they are called, the autotips are now pooled amongst the entire Princess fleet,  and payments,  incentives etc are paid from this central kitty. 

This mirrors what Royal Caribbean do.

On Royal Caribbean they also leave envelopes in your cabin called 

Tip Tip Hooray

This is after you have auto paid your gratuities.

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I'm sorry, but if you don't appreciate, say, wowzz's annual wheelie bin power washing session, or his adventures buying ant powder a while ago, then you really are beyond help. 

Thank you for your kind words.

However, I am at a loss regarding my ant powder exploits, unless I was posting late at night after over imbibing !

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This mirrors what Royal Caribbean do.

On Royal Caribbean they also leave envelopes in your cabin called 

Tip Tip Hooray

This is after you have auto paid your gratuities.

Not exactly subtle is it ! 

We do tip our steward, even after paying the autotips,  but don't like the emotional blackmail aspect of the envelopes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I'm sorry, but if you don't appreciate, say, wowzz's annual wheelie bin power washing session, or his adventures buying ant powder a while ago, then you really are beyond help. 

Some people are sooooo difficult to please.😂

Actually I am very, very, very easily pleased and to say I am beyond help because I do not like social media sites is a little insulting , something which I  haven't and never will do to cc members, The point that appears to have been missed is that on a personal level the things you highlighted in your reply will not make getting through all of life's issues any easier to me, funny as they may be. As I have said many times on other posts ,each to there own

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

However, I am at a loss regarding my ant powder exploits, unless I was posting late at night after over imbibing !

It was a couple of years ago, and you posted that you had been out shopping for ant powder and forgotten to photograph the momentous event. 

Sorry, I have a hopeless memory for anything useful and an almost photographic one for trivia. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

What!!!!

Over imbibing? You!!? 😲

Never😊

Avril

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

Actually I am very, very, very easily pleased and to say I am beyond help because I do not like social media sites is a little insulting , something which I  haven't and never will do to cc members, The point that appears to have been missed is that on a personal level the things you highlighted in your reply will not make getting through all of life's issues any easier to me, funny as they may be. As I have said many times on other posts ,each to there own

I never intend to insult, so apologies that you missed the fact that it was entirely tongue in cheek. I have now added a laughing emoticon to indicate that it was not meant to be taken literally.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Morning peeps

i agree with graham and avril. This thread that’s been going for so long now will have helped many when we were all a little bit alone. 

I have one week to go till I’m back on a cruise. Slightly apprehensive though as it’s not with p&o and I’m one of those people who likes what they know and doesn’t really like new things. I haven’t even started packing yet. It’s been a long 4 weeks so far with the school holidays. Will be nice to relax a bit. 

I'm sure you will have a fantastic cruise whoever you are cruising with.

Graham.

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

I never intend to insult, so apologies that you missed the fact that it was entirely tongue in cheek. I have now added a laughing emoticon to indicate that it was not meant to be taken literally.

Thank you ,that is kind , if had got the gist of the reply I would have understood better , I appreciate that everybody has differing views to everything and go out of my way to make sure that posts do not come across as personal 👍 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Sorry, I have a hopeless memory for anything useful and an almost photographic one for trivia. 

Thank you. You are not related to my wife by any chance, as she can remember every mistake I have made over the last forty years ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you. You are not related to my wife by any chance, as she can remember every mistake I have made over the last forty years ? 

A woman after my own heart.😂

Actually, what I remember is the number of times your posts have made me actually laugh out loud, sometimes during some rather trying times. Thank you!

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, wowzz said:

That is nothing new they have been like that for a long time.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Pleased to hear you are improving Pam.

I had been for physio check up at the health centre on Monday morning for my knees and I felt a bit iffy on Thursday and Friday and did 3 tests which were all negative but feel fine today.

Thank you.

Hope you stay well.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Did you sail up the Archipelago into Stockholm?

We did on Royal Caribbean Serenade of the seas in May 2015 during our Baltic cruise and it was several hours of beautiful scenery which we enjoyed sitting on our balcony.

Graham 

We did, both times. It was magical in the early sunshine.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

Actually, what I remember is the number of times your posts have made me actually laugh out loud, sometimes during some rather trying times. Thank you!

Couldn't agree with you more AnnieC.   

Wowzz, Kalos and others, too many to mention, were a godsend during those bad days.  Grateful was not a big enough word.. but on thinking about it 'stupid' might have fitted better😗🤣😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gsmt47471015 said:

If you are someone living alone, or housebound,the banal rubbish may be a lifeline to the outside world

• Like 13