P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Thanks Avril. I would have blogged from the cruise but I won't bother from Wales as I'm not sure if it would pass the "banal" post test. I might post a picture of that phone box though... 😁

I hope you do post some pictures Damian. Brithdir seems to be a lovely little hamlet, that many won't normally visit, and I would love to see the church etc, and yes the phone box. What may seem 'banal' to a few, will I'm sure be of interest to many.

Avril

• Like 9

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you @Dermotsgirl.

Happy belated anniversary to you both.

I remembered your anniversary was close to ours and your husband's birthday is close to mine which is October 27th.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

Yes, my husband's birthday is the same as yours. By further co-incidence, my birthday is March 15th, which, if I remember correctly, is a couple of days after Pauline's 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Two weeks leave for me and we should have been on Ventura sailing to the Canaries but as at the final settlement date we hadn't found anyone to look after Teddy so we had to cancel. Typically, one week later we got two separate offers to have him.

Never mind though, at least he was home for his 1st birthday yesterday. We are also taking the opportunity for a long overdue visit to Michelle's sister in Brithdir and I'm looking forward to some relaxing downtime with plenty of dog walks somewhere new.

For anyone who doesn't know Brithdir (like me) the Wikipedia entry is, errrrr, interesting?

Brithdir, Gwynedd - Wikipedia

IMG_2380.jpg

Wow. Teddy is a very handsome chap and I bet he is pleased to be going away with you to Wales where there may be lots of muddy puddles to get utterly muddy and smelly!……

• Like 6

5 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning ,hope everyone is ok 😊

Whatever your doing have a nice day and be happy 😍

Which reminds me  @grapau27   GRAHAM & PAULINE  41 years today:classic_love::classic_love::classic_love:

anniversary-animated-image-2.gif.fbc48462280210ad728b676944260c7c.gif

Have a wonderful day you two 😊

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline, have a lovely day.

4 hours ago, lindyloo22 said:

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

@grapau27happy 41st Wedding Anniversary Graham & Pauline 

(Me and my husband passed that milestone last Monday! ) 

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

@grapau27happy anniversary to you both. Have a wonderful day and maybe treat yourselves to a nice meal out? 😀🎉

@Dermotsgirlhappy anniversary for last Monday! 🎉

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Happy Anniversary Graham & Pauline, hope you have a lovely day 🥂

Michelle

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

Enjoy your day Graham & Pauline - many congratulations 🎉🍾(Shame Pauline is at work...)

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Many congratulations Graham and Pauline on your 41st wedding anniversary. Have a wonderful day together.💕🎉

Avril

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Happy Anniversary to your both. Hope you had/have a lovely day.

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Congratulations @grapau27 & Pauline, have a lovely day.

1 hour ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Happy anniversary Graham and Pauline ❤️❤️

55 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Happy Anniversary Pauline & Graham! Have a lovely meal out later. 🥂🎉

Thank you Friends for all your lovely anniversary wishes.

It was around this time 41 years ago when our wedding was starting.

Graham.

IMG_20220822_120923.jpg

Screenshot_20220819_185615.jpg

• Like 21

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

IMG_20220822_120923.jpg

Add me to the list of congrats Graham.I'm 70 2 days after your birthday by the way.Brian.

• Thanks 1

Returning to Brithdir - I have just looked it up, and feel sure it is worth a few photos in the area, it is lovely.

The map reminded me of my youth - I wonder if any of you have done the same?  When I was about 17 I climbed Snowdon via Crib Goch, and also Tryfan  (boyfriend was a keen climber).  They were both quite hard climbs; I had been told that Tryfan was the only mountain in Wales you could not climb without having to use your hands - does anyone know the truth of this?  I hasten to add it was not both on the same day, and resulted in feeling very stiff the next morning, even after a long hot bath on getting home to near Chester.  Since then, just up Skiddaw a few times, and easy climbs  up Catbells.  I wish I had the ability now, but at least I did it, once, so nice memories.  (Hope this is not too banal).

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, lincslady said:

When I was about 17 I climbed Snowdon via Crib Goch, and also Tryfan  (boyfriend was a keen climber). 

Good for you, I did  hear that being on a mountaintop is the best thing you can ever do?😍

Thinking about it really, its all just downhill from there.😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Gill and Michelle.

I dropped Pauline off at work at 7.20am.

We are taking our Sarah out tomorrow with us for a meal.

Graham x

Go out for a nice meal. That would make a change. Don't forget some nice photos.🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a fantastic time.

Thanks Graham, but on the way home, via the Michael Kors shop in Portsmouth. A late lunch,early Dinner in Cafe Rouge. No pics of either in case anyone thinks handbags, or Tarte tatin are banal.🤣

• Like 1

Hooray, it’s raining here in Bolton. I know it won’t make a huge difference to water levels but at least we won’t have to water the garden with waste water from the house. The deer are still eating some of my flowers. My next door neighbour doesn’t normally plant bedding plants but this year she put in a lot of geraniums. Overnight Saturday/Sunday they ate every one, then jumped over into mine and finished off with my remaining ones. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Caullkhead said:

@DamianG shame about your cruise, We have trouble finding someone to have our dog, our neighbours always had her and her predecessor , but their dog they have now isn’t keen. Our friends are on Ventura now! Have a lovely time in Wales instead. 

As someone with a far better education than myself once said, “Them’s the breaks!” 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Hello everyone - technophobe question.  Does anyone know why my”reactions” to posts are being removed?   Have I done something wrong? 

I've never had reactions actually removed after I've seen them posted. I have however sometimes not been able to post them. I simply log out and log in again. 

Avril

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've never had reactions actually removed after I've seen them posted. I have however sometimes not been able to post them. I simply log out and log in again. 

Avril

That happens to me regularly too. I'm normally on my tablet and just do a quick refresh which seems to solve the issue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

IMG_20220822_120923.jpg

Graham, these coincidences are getting spooky now….. I think Pauline and I had the same wedding dress ! 

47A2B579-535F-4D03-82A5-28437CDBB268.jpeg

• Like 12