P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, brian1 said:

High 30s here still.Went to a volcanic hot sulphur spring today with a ice cold pool and waterfall next to it.Just tip the caretaker whatever you want as entry.671974426_20220910_115025694.thumb.jpg.392ec52228bc1310cee7aeb49d115ec1.jpg1429815010_IMG_20220910_113955495687.thumb.jpg.4584eff5e92b4be3ef8de36af6bd8827.jpg1778377310_IMG_20220910_114018134689.thumb.jpg.2a4deb50df00e0f4b8ade7b9e97facbb.jpg1846853132_IMG_20220910_122039233691.thumb.jpg.d5cd4c836912c10137ea0868f7020758.jpg

Good to hear that it is still warm over there as we fly out to Sicily next week.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Sadly I doubt that I will see it unless the clouds that we currently decide to disappear.  That clip reminds me of a bar that we used to frequent when I worked in South Carolina, there was always a country sing on and always lots of people dancing.

I was wrong the clouds have disappeared  and we have a good view of the moon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kalos said:

The retirement that goes with it isn't very good either as we have just seen .

Now begins the changes, stamps coins ,post boxes and things like police helmets 

will move from ER to CR.

Then there is the royal musical chairs as they move up a rank  so to speak .Kate now 

becomes Princess of wales, who we all think of as Diana but really was Camilla who 

never took the title out of respect for Diana .

The only thing I can think of that will not have to change is the prison service  HMP.

We are all going through some changes really .

Oh I don’t know. The perks of the job more than make up for the lack of ‘retirement’. 
And in all honesty, nothing in our lives has really changed when you think about it, apart from a few names, titles and symbols. We were out and about in Porthmadog this morning, and life went on as before. 

• Like 1

Morning all, week 4 of my mum staying with us begins! Every day is Groundhog Day, working in my spare bedroom in the morning, up the hospital in the afternoon. I’m having a battle as the hospital don’t seem to think my Dad needs a care package when he comes out but we need it for my mum as he is her official carer.

Very sad news about the Queen, the funeral is on my wedding anniversary! Won’t be much celebrating going on this year! I’ve booked 3 days off and John’s got the whole week off.

Dad’s BP is too low at the moment or they would let him out.He’s much more like his normal self now, hope he can come home soon, hospital visits are very draining. Poor John sits in the car or the hospital cafe as only two visitors allowed in.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks lovely, Chops by any chance? 

Michelle

I think you are right. We went up to the trough. Packing needed to be done.

Ps. Stupid predictive. 3 attempts to do packing. First pa King and then Pakistan.🤔

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, week 4 of my mum staying with us begins! Every day is Groundhog Day, working in my spare bedroom in the morning, up the hospital in the afternoon. I’m having a battle as the hospital don’t seem to think my Dad needs a care package when he comes out but we need it for my mum as he is her official carer.

Very sad news about the Queen, the funeral is on my wedding anniversary! Won’t be much celebrating going on this year! I’ve booked 3 days off and John’s got the whole week off.

Dad’s BP is too low at the moment or they would let him out.He’s much more like his normal self now, hope he can come home soon, hospital visits are very draining. Poor John sits in the car or the hospital cafe as only two visitors allowed in.

What a tough time you are going through Sue….. but great that your Dad is improving and should be home soon.

It is indeed sad news and just been watching the coffin leave Balmoral.

I thought the Accession and Proclamation ceremonies yesterday were so interesting to watch. What an ordeal for the family though.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

What a tough time you are going through Sue….. but great that your Dad is improving and should be home soon.

It is indeed sad news and just been watching the coffin leave Balmoral.

I thought the Accession and Proclamation ceremonies yesterday were so interesting to watch. What an ordeal for the family though.

Thank you.

Mum and I are watching, it’s so quiet each town they go through.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear that things are tough for you Sue, but glad to hear that your Dad is feeling much better.

I haven't had television on this morning as have spent most of it on the phone, with one or other members of my family discussing a meal for Mum's birthday in December as she wants to get it booked. 

We will be in Sicily when the funeral takes place, but it is a very sad time for the family. My grandaughter has just informed us that it is very sober in London and the underground is crowded with people carrying flowers to pay their tributes.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hi Sue

This may have already happened with the hospital but if not you can request a meeting with your Dad’s MDT (multi-disciplinary team) to discuss his discharge and his and your Mum’s care needs on discharge. The MDT should include a medical social worker and someone from the safeguarding team and insist that a care package assessment is carried out before any discharge is agreed (this will normally be done by OT). You might want to demand that they document that you consider it to be an unsafe discharge if they won’t agree.

There’s a responsibility for them to consider your Mum’s needs as part of your Dad’s discharge. If you need any more information I’m happy to help 🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Keep pushing for the care package, we had a similar problem when my sister had cancer which spread to her brain, there was no way that her husband could manage by himself.  I went to their house when the social worker visited to discuss alterations to the house so that she could be sent home. If her husband had been alone the social worker would have bullied him into having her home despite the fact that he can barely look after himself.

Hopefully your dad will get his care package and be home soon.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just celebrated a 60th wedding anniversary of some friends .Ironically her daughter sorted the card from the Queen which arrived the day before their anniversary due to the postal strike and she actually passed away on their anniversary date so sad 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sorry to hear things are still difficult Sue, let's hope your Dad gets out of hospital soon, with a care plan!

My family left for Disneyland Paris this morning without me and my youngest daughter. Neither of us have been too well with 'the lurgy'. We hoped we would be ok and able to travel by today, but last night we had to decide to postpone and we will get the Eurostar on Wednesday and join the rest of the family then. We just hope that were test negative and feel better by then. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sorry to hear things are still difficult Sue, let's hope your Dad gets out of hospital soon, with a care plan!

My family left for Disneyland Paris this morning without me and my youngest daughter. Neither of us have been too well with 'the lurgy'. We hoped we would be ok and able to travel by today, but last night we had to decide to postpone and we will get the Eurostar on Wednesday and join the rest of the family then. We just hope that were test negative and feel better by then. 

Sorry to hear that you aren't able to travel with the rest of your family, but hope you are well enough to join them later.

Take care.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Mum and I are watching, it’s so quiet each town they go through.

The Queen is (was) extremely well respected by most Scots.  The turnout has been absolutely amazing considering how small some of the villages are that the cortège has passed through. Every resident must have turned out in some (augmented by a few tourists). The respectful silence is haunting.

People have been parking up on the motorways and standing on verges to pay their respects. Every bridge on the route has been crowded out.

Six of the Balmoral Ghillies carried the Queen out to the hearse and her official piper played a lament to see her off. That must have been extremely moving.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

The Queen is (was) extremely well respected by most Scots.  The turnout has been absolutely amazing considering how small some of the villages are that the cortège has passed through. Every resident must have turned out in some (augmented by a few tourists). The respectful silence is haunting.

People have been parking up on the motorways and standing on verges to pay their respects. Every bridge on the route has been crowded out.

Six of the Balmoral Ghillies carried the Queen out to the hearse and her official piper played a lament to see her off. That must have been extremely moving.

It’s been wonderful to see so many paying their respects today.

I loved the 50+ tractors lined up along the roadside in Aberdeenshire.

• Like 5