P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

33 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Headline from a certain newspaper:

“An INK-redible way to cheat! Spanish law student etched answers to exam questions onto his pens”

Easy to misread things at first glance……..

2006144261_pigpen.jpg.e5d3773b6e5bba0e7159bf9350aa13eb.jpg

I know what you mean Harry ,I get very odd looks when I tell people that due to my 

interest in farm animals ,after giving it some thought I have decided to buy myself 

A pig pen .☺️

Actually it has been one of my better buys as it can write underwater, upside down ,

in space and lots of other wonderful words :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

If there's a load of sheep queing up,you're in the wrong barn.

Well that made me nearly choke.. Very clever🤣

I needed that.   In our village we have a gossip website and we can ask for recommendations.  Very good it is too, I have had electrician, plumber, hairdresser and more from there all very good, and paid the going rate..  Anyway  asked if anyone on village could do new shower fan.  I couldn't believe a rant on there calling me terrible things and saying we all expected things for  nothing and we were lowlife etc  and worse.  Got it removed,  I'm a toughie but it shook me up.  It was badly written and all over the place so suspect a drunk or worse.

So thanks Brian once again x

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I needed that.   In our village we have a gossip website and we can ask for recommendations.  Very good it is too, I have had electrician, plumber, hairdresser and more from there all very good, and paid the going rate..  Anyway  asked if anyone on village could do new shower fan.  I couldn't believe a rant on there calling me terrible things and saying we all expected things for  nothing and we were lowlife etc  and worse.  Got it removed,  I'm a toughie but it shook me up.  It was badly written and all over the place so suspect a drunk or worse.

Sometimes people do post when they shouldn't. 

Not that I have ever done that! 

• Haha 8

13 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Hi Indi,from your posts of your background I'm sure you're made of stronger stuff.Community forums are not as policed and vetted like others and there is always some plonker who gets thru the net.Our daughter in Sevenoaks uses Mumsnet for info.Sounds like you need  a registered electrician with average building skills.Everything has to be "signed off" nowdays as you probably know.Good luck,Brian.

• Like 1

Morning ,hope everyone's good ☺️

Today we are off for our flu jabs at our doctors and that will be us all jabbed up and no place to go as we had the Covid one other week. Just checking our EON account and we now have £66 pound credit that we can burn off at some point .

Think I will tune into Pop Master and annoy myself with all those names I know but cannot remember😒

Whatever you lot get up to have a good one .:classic_love:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Christmas music on Oceana a few years ago. There wasn't any because they could not find the official CD and although the crew had hundreds they could not use them because of copyright. They found the CD eventually, on BOXING DAY

Sounds like my sort of Christmas Day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We  are just back from a Hotel Cream Tea with a Mental Health Charity I support and who let me join their craft class.

To be honest, at the moment I feel like I never want to see a cream cake or scone ever again!!!!   My own fault, but I just couldn't resist them.. all of them!🤣😚

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 10/13/2022 at 8:35 AM, SarahHben said:

I’ve actually managed to get a face to face appointment at the doctors rather than the usual phone consultation.

It’s 5 and a half weeks since I got C so will be eligible for the vaccine if they say it’s ok to have it. 

How did your appointment go Sarah?

Avril

This afternoon we changed the brake callipers & pads on the car, first time we’ve done that in some while, dh has disk damage to his back but we managed, me in overalls passing tools etc just like 30 years ago changing engines & tinkering with one of his many  minis, bit different working on a BMW X3 though. Having Chinese takeaway  for dinner can’t be doing with cooking now! 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

How did your appointment go Sarah?

Avril

I am now on antibiotics for suspected chest infection and if I'm still coughing in 2 weeks time the doctor said he'll send me for a chest Xray, he was very thorough. The nurse called me in for a flu jab while I was there too.

Our little lad is no respecter of doctors order to rest 🤣 I'm glad it's the weekend.

Hubbie & I have our Covid boosters booked for the week after next too.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

I am now on antibiotics for suspected chest infection and if I'm still coughing in 2 weeks time the doctor said he'll send me for a chest Xray, he was very thorough. The nurse called me in for a flu jab while I was there too.

Our little lad is no respecter of doctors order to rest 🤣 I'm glad it's the weekend.

You sound just like I was. Had the dreaded you know what in May, still coughing weeks after. Two lots of antibiotics antibiotics and steroids later I was better. Then a couple of weeks ago I started coughing again, for three weeks until they decided it was a chest infection. Two lots of antibiotics again I would say I am 90% better now. 

Hope you are better soon, take care

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Captain on Iona announced yesterday, while we were at dinner, that Carnival UK were now changing the requirement for crew mask wearing from compulsary to optional, which he indicated was a further step along the road back to normality.
This seemed to get approval from the majority in the dining room.

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

The Captain on Iona announced yesterday, while we were at dinner, that Carnival UK were now changing the requirement for crew mask wearing from compulsary to optional, which he indicated was a further step along the road back to normality.
This seemed to get approval from the majority in the dining room.

That ties in with what is being reported on the Princess board.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I'm pleased you went to the doctors Sarah. Get plenty of rest, when the little one allows😁, and take care.x

Avril

• Like 4

Looks a bit overcast this morning and wind picking up , filled out my health decoration this morning very nerve racking doing it even though I know to answer No on the questions, so printed that off , going to get my nails done soon and the rain as just started hopefully just a shower , I will be catching the bus today as I have my strict orders not to use the car as it’s parked in a special place in our shared car park, a place where other cars don’t park next to you and bang your doors we call it the premium car spaces 😂 all washed and hoovered out for return, my daughter will be taking us on Tuesday for our long awaited Arcadia cruise, just my case to pack now and we have 4 formal nights and 1 celebration night so effectively 5 formals so I’m packing 7 formal dresses in case my waist line expands so much I have a choice 😂 , I do love formal nights but as I’m getting older I much prefer evening trousers and flat sparkly shoes and evening tops they are much more forgiving on the waist  so I certainly will not be buying anymore long dresses .

Have a good day everyone and SarahHben I’m glad you’re getting your cough sorted out so keep on top of it and get it sorted if not gone after antibiotics 👍

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, hubby and I just popped into Sainsbury’s and who should we meet but Sarah! Nice to meet you @SarahHben😊

Lovely to meet you too 😊I hope you didn't mind me interrupting your shopping?! 

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm pleased you went to the doctors Sarah. Get plenty of rest, when the little one allows😁, and take care.x

Avril

Thank you. I haven't got my Grandson today so it's an easier day, not that he's difficult, just a lively two year old.

I popped to the shops to get a few bits and now I intend to sit and relax.

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Have a good day everyone and SarahHben I’m glad you’re getting your cough sorted out so keep on top of it and get it sorted if not gone after antibiotics 👍

Thank you. Enjoy getting ready for your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Lovely to meet you too 😊I hope you didn't mind me interrupting your shopping?! 

Thank you. I haven't got my Grandson today so it's an easier day, not that he's difficult, just a lively two year old.

I popped to the shops to get a few bits and now I intend to sit and relax.

Thank you. Enjoy getting ready for your cruise.

Of course I didn’t mind, was just a bit surprised at first 😁 We’re resting at home now before going over to my parents in a little while. 
Enjoy your rest 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Looks a bit overcast this morning and wind picking up , filled out my health decoration this morning very nerve racking doing it even though I know to answer No on the questions, so printed that off

Like you we completed the health declaration and printed off this morning, we double checked that the NO boxes were selected. I think that's all of the pre-cruise actions done now. 12 months ago we had to also complete the locator form and drive through testing prior to boarding so at least there are less 'hoops' to go through this year, but still a nagging feeling 'have I done everything' and double checking the current rules.

• Like 7

Just popped to sainsburys to get dried fruit as dh was disappointed when I said I wasn’t making* a Xmas cake, no raisins so I’ll just got mixed bags cheaper hopefully ok. I’ll mix cranberries in thanks to Avril for that idea, got enough to make mincemeat but forgot the suet. There’s loads of twitchers at the end of our road parked all over the place including a mini bus, looking for the blackburnian warbler apparently, I think it was spotted on the Scillies yesterday? Hope a cat doesn’t get it 😂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

There’s loads of twitchers at the end of our road parked all over the place including a mini bus, looking for the blackburnian warbler apparently, I think it was spotted on the Scillies yesterday? Hope a cat doesn’t get it 😂

Apparently it's the first recorded siting of the bird in England... Some people were wading through the sea at Bryther on the Isles of Scilly on Thursday just to catch a glimpse. Its left many twitchers ecstatic. A fair number of very rare American birds have turned up in the last fortnight due to the weather over the Atlantic. You just can't underestimate the knowledge, skills and expertise of many of these people who take what we call "bird watching" onto a whole new level.

On the other hand, our picnic on our local heath on Tuesday was interrupted by a family of four buzzards each with a wingspan of over 1 m. We did hide the sarnies... just in case. They're intelligent birds and who knows what they may have learned from the seagulls! 🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.8a3c2a26f3ef95cd8a92d217f7ea2f2d.jpeg

• Like 6

On 10/14/2022 at 10:54 AM, davecttr said:

Christmas music on Oceana a few years ago. There wasn't any because they could not find the official CD and although the crew had hundreds they could not use them because of copyright. They found the CD eventually, on BOXING DAY

The last time we were on Oceana they were playing bizzare music at breakfast --- am pretty sure Those in Peril on the Sea featured and other hymns ...