P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I'm joining the Cruise Critic Ninja Warriors today,  Foodi 9 in 1 being delivered later.

Being a bit of a technophobe I will need a good cookbook but most of the Ninja ones on Amazon say they are in black and white with no pictures.  Can someone on here with a Ninja recommend a good cookbook.  Thank you.

We have this one available on Amazon, it’s in colour and has U.K. Metric measurements. It’s a self published book, but one of few not written for the US market and it’s weird measuring system. 

5648C5B2-8577-4983-BAF1-1DC7FA1FD6AC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy birthday Brian. Pretty grim weather here so it looks like a shopping day .. oh dear, what a shame. Hubby now hiding wallet fast !!

Happy birthday Presto. The perfect day for spoiling yourself so shop til you drop😁

Avril

• Haha 1

I paid our first (increased) electric bill yesterday, and I'm sure the air fryer was a very useful investment.

It was only 26 days instead of the usual month so I divided the bill (before the discount) by 26, multiplied it by 30 and estimated the approx increase from last month. If my calculations are correct🤔??? then it is a monthly increase of about £22  We've used the same appliances as we normally would, so any saving is down to the air fryer.

Maths isn't my strongest suit so I may have got this totally wrong. 🥴

All replies gratefully accepted😊

Avril

• Like 1

23 hours ago, brian1 said:

Going to a Turkish/Med restaurant tonight with my Mrs.Pre 70 celeb.Tomorrow,pushing the boat out,not too far as it's on the seafront at Margate.Taking son and daughter with families to Premier inn and Brewers Fayre next door.

Happy 70th birthday Brian.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I paid our first (increased) electric bill yesterday, and I'm sure the air fryer was a very useful investment.

It was only 26 days instead of the usual month so I divided the bill (before the discount) by 26, multiplied it by 30 and estimated the approx increase from last month. If my calculations are correct🤔??? then it is a monthly increase of about £22  We've used the same appliances as we normally would, so any saving is down to the air fryer.

Maths isn't my strongest suit so I may have got this totally wrong. 🥴

All replies gratefully accepted😊

Avril

I hope your maths are OK. Our gas and electricity combined has gone up over £100 pm.

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

I bought my first cd player from Richer Sounds  ( what a great company) in Aldershot, around 1990. If I remember, a Denon.

And my first two CDs - Dire Straits and Mozart ( no idea why !).

Have bought stuff from them over the years.  Though last time I was in the market for stuff, Currys had a slight edge on price and proximity.  As others have said though great customers service on things like extended warranties.  Might have another look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Happy Birthday as well to Presto2. Have a great Stokie day today. 

Charlie says ‘Up the Vale’ but I am not sure he has quite mastered that phrase yet 🐶😻

Just seen that you had edited this one ---- tell Charlie thank you ---- must have been hard to write that one 🙂 

23 hours ago, brian1 said:

Going to a Turkish/Med restaurant tonight with my Mrs.Pre 70 celeb.Tomorrow,pushing the boat out,not too far as it's on the seafront at Margate.Taking son and daughter with families to Premier inn and Brewers Fayre next door.

This made me smile --- we are off to a Brewers Fayre for a snack lunch at today too ------ not sure if the photos will be too exciting enough to publish though! Will raise a glass to you 😉 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I hope your maths are OK. Our gas and electricity combined has gone up over £100 pm.

I don't have gas zap only electricity, and the central heating is solid fuel. Before this recent increase our electric bills were averaging £135 month. I don't have a tumble drier or dishwasher, just the normal fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave, cooker,(but now using air fryer instead) shower, tv, lighting etc. 

I've yet to see if, or by how much the solid fuel prices have increased🤞

Avril

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Maths isn't my strongest suit so I may have got this totally wrong.

Tell me about it ,our cookery instruction book say's "turn oven to 180 degrees "

Now Its facing the wall and I can't get the food back out ! 😐

We have been using the slow cooker and the microwave a lot, which are very cheap to run anyway .

I suppose the oven will have it's day when it comes to the Christmas lunches ? 

A little fact about ovens 😀

Did you know that 'Muffins' spelt backwards...

...is what you do, when you take them out of the oven ?:classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

This made me smile --- we are off to a Brewers Fayre for a snack lunch at today too ------ not sure if the photos will be too exciting enough to publish though! Will raise a glass to you 😉 

Happy birthday to presto 2 and Brian, there are a few of us with birthdays within a few days of each other on here. A rather infantile family joke is calling brewers fayre, brewers droop! Have a good meal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy birthday. It's mine in a couple of days. Same day as our new King, but he is a year older. If he is at the same restaurant, he can buy the fizz.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't have gas zap only electricity, and the central heating is solid fuel. Before this recent increase our electric bills were averaging £135 month. I don't have a tumble drier or dishwasher, just the normal fridge/freezer, washing machine, microwave, cooker,(but now using air fryer instead) shower, tv, lighting etc. 

I've yet to see if, or by how much the solid fuel prices have increased🤞

Avril

Avril, that seems exorbitant. 

Our monthly standing order is £35 per month, which will incease to just over £50 from November. That is for basically for the same appliances as you, but two freezers, and using a tumble dryer twice a week or so in the winter. 

However our hot water is gas heated, which could explain some of the differential, but it still seems a high figure. 

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Avril, that seems exorbitant. 

Our monthly standing order is £35 per month, which will incease to just over £50 from November. That is for basically for the same appliances as you, but two freezers, and using a tumble dryer twice a week or so in the winter. 

However our hot water is gas heated, which could explain some of the differential, but it still seems a high figure. 

Our gas is £104 and electricity £167.