P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

I now feel very, very old !

Age is just the number of years that the world has been enjoying our company and an indication of our level of seniority in the 'wisdom club.' At a certain point we can all sit back with the thought that we've been there, done... it's just that sometimes... we still want to have a little more fun! Playing with our food when we're making breakfast and that sort of thing!

_DSC4051.thumb.jpeg.264986be09d18d406de04f21432e00bb.jpeg

Edited by twotravellersLondon
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I love eggs benedict, but the days when I could manage two eggs, which is what is always offered on cruise ships, are sadly long gone.  They look lovely.

We always ask for just one egg please  - no problem.  Hopefully if already plated up, the second egg doesn't go to waste, but I do agree being given more food than you can manage is off-putting and wasteful.  

Another lovely sunny day down here.

Washing on the line and received a call from Tesco van driver asking if he could deliver my order as he  is over half an hour early!  All present and correct no items missing or subsituted, so now all put away and not hanging around waiting☺️

Learnt yesterday that my brother-in-law's, brother-in-law died so spent yesterday evening researching train times and hotels so we can attend the funeral.

Last day of work this evening as I handed in my notice during the week, just hope they are not playing Christmas songs on their music😒, although I have had an e-mail telling me it is only 6 weeks today til Christmas.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Age is just the number of years that the world has been enjoying our company and an indication of our level of seniority in the 'wisdom club.' At a certain point we can all sit back with the thought that we've been there, done... it's just that sometimes... we still want to have a little more fun! Playing with our food when we're making breakfast and that sort of thing!

_DSC4051.thumb.jpeg.264986be09d18d406de04f21432e00bb.jpeg

Or as DW often says " when are you gonna grow up ? " 🤣

20221005_185205.jpg

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We're near Nantwich and it has been cloudy all day here, again. ☹️ Forecast is showing sunny here tomorrow, I hope that is right as it's been 3 dull cloudy days here.

Well the forecast was wrong and another dull cloudy day here for the 4th day in a row. Mild though so saving on the heating!

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Well the forecast was wrong and another dull cloudy day here for the 4th day in a row. Mild though so saving on the heating!

I 'm glad that our house is well insulated, it is cool and grey here today but we don't need the heating on even though it is noticeably colder outside than yesterday. 

• Like 1

A very misty start to the day here which has cleared into grey skies. Yesterday turned out very sunny, which made watching the footy difficult in the first half as I was in the North Stand. Fortunately, the sun had gone down when the second half started. Only one one goal and a very bizarre one at that but keeps Stevenage just behind the League Two top spot.

Been watching the commemorations from the Cenotaph on tv this morning and dipping in & out of social media.

No exciting plans for the rest of today. Was hoping to do the last (maybe) lawn cut today but the mist has made everything very wet...

• Like 2

After church this morning we called in to Biddulph Grange (National Trust) Had some lunch there (no photos of the sausage rolls though) and then had a walk around the grounds. If anyone local has not visited, it really is beautiful and not too big a site. Sometimes you travel and ignore the places on your doorstep.

• Like 3

Once again,  I don't know where to put this!

A  silly cruise question that doesn't merit it's own thread.

In a few weeks I have  "horrible" birthday so we are running away to sea!🤣

I was chatting away to a friend, who used to cruise, and she mentioned that the waiters may sing happy birthday.  Then she said "Don't forget to pay them."   I have never heard of that, have you?  She seemed to suggest something over £20.

Perhaps its normal, and I have missed it!

10 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I was chatting away to a friend, who used to cruise, and she mentioned that the waiters may sing happy birthday.  Then she said "Don't forget to pay them."   I have never heard of that, have you?  She seemed to suggest something over £20.

The MDR staff will only sing Happy Birthday if someone in your party has requested it or perhaps ordered a birthday cake.

When we ordered a cake for our son’s birthday the maitre’d had it ready & then organised the waiters to do the singing. We certainly didn’t tip them at that time (though we did tip our waiters and maitre’d at the end of the cruise as we always used to in those days).

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Unless you ask for it, no one will sing anything. Personally,  I find it a bit naff.

And, no, if for whatever reason  they do sing,  when you come out from under the table,  you do not need to tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1