P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

It’s a long time since we went to the Trough of Bowland, but I remember the beauty of it. You are very lucky to live so near.

I don’t!  But my son lives in the Lancaster area and so we often add it on to a trip to see the family.  My most memorable Christmas of recent years was December 2020 - peak Covid - taking an in-car picnic of turkey and stuffing sandwiches, mince pies and a flask of coffee to Bowland before travelling to my son’s house for tea and Christmas cake sat outside by a fire pit (but still freezing!). Oh how we non-important people celebrated 😉

• Like 6

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

9c today and chucking it down all night and the rest of the day.It was 27c 2 days ago,lol.So variable this time of year.

We are off to Sorrento for our first land holiday abroad since Feb 2020.

Been reading up on the Easter processions etc etc in Sorrento and just hoping that the weather will warm up a bit and the rain keep away. Have NO idea what to pack so have packed for every sort of weather. Thank goodness Jet2 do 22Kgs and 10Kgs hand luggage !!

Have heard that Sicily has had snow -------- for some reason have not packed our ski gear for our holiday ..... Southern Italy and April doesn't make me think snow !!!

Must admit, have found it all really stressful. We booked this about 18 months ago --- been a long time coming. TBH it will be strange not to be at our little piece of heaven by the sea in Wales. Then again, we have loads of long weekends and bank Holidays coming along in May 🙂

• Like 11

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

It may be cold but it seems as though Spring has sprung (and the grass has ris). This is where the birdies is:

BEF8404A-F422-44B7-A6C2-A9333FBAE4B2.jpeg

Where is this? Is it our local Park? TBH we haven't been as much now that we are limited to an hour a day. Shame on us as it is a lovely area. When we retire we will make more use 😉

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Where is this? Is it our local Park? TBH we haven't been as much now that we are limited to an hour a day. Shame on us as it is a lovely area. When we retire we will make more use 😉

It is a pool just off the Greenway near Packmoor. 

Have a great time in Sorrento. I know you have been looking forward to it.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Presto2 said:

We are off to Sorrento for our first land holiday abroad since Feb 2020.

Been reading up on the Easter processions etc etc in Sorrento and just hoping that the weather will warm up a bit and the rain keep away. Have NO idea what to pack so have packed for every sort of weather. Thank goodness Jet2 do 22Kgs and 10Kgs hand luggage !!

Have heard that Sicily has had snow -------- for some reason have not packed our ski gear for our holiday ..... Southern Italy and April doesn't make me think snow !!!

Must admit, have found it all really stressful. We booked this about 18 months ago --- been a long time coming. TBH it will be strange not to be at our little piece of heaven by the sea in Wales. Then again, we have loads of long weekends and bank Holidays coming along in May 🙂

Hi Presto,I thought of you yesterday and googled your weather.15c average and dry.Worth taking some rain gear as it does change.If the sun is out it will be hotter than 15.Good luck ,Brian.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hi Presto,I thought of you yesterday and googled your weather.15c average and dry.Worth taking some rain gear as it does change.If the sun is out it will be hotter than 15.Good luck ,Brian.

Have packed for every weather apart from snow !!! Have 2 small umberellas and a decent waterproof !! And me t shirts and shorts JUST incase ..... in my dreams 😉

• Like 7

You may be tempted as we were by the various bits of china/crockery with lemons on.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but  I like to see them with nibbles on etc when we have people round.  Very sunny and cheerful. and a nice memento  of Sorrento.

• Like 5

This morning we have clear blue sky's and sunshine, what's not to like ?

Apart from the -1.c that's just crept up to 1.c in the last hour .

I think I could do with a Jet2 holiday (Have a good time Presto 🙂) but 

for the time being I will make do with going to the hozzie and having 

drops in my eyes and photos taken .

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

• Like 11

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

This morning we have clear blue sky's and sunshine, what's not to like ?

Apart from the -1.c that's just crept up to 1.c in the last hour .

I think I could do with a Jet2 holiday (Have a good time Presto 🙂) but 

for the time being I will make do with going to the hozzie and having 

drops in my eyes and photos taken .

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

Good luck at the hospital Kalos.

4°C and sunny here at the moment.

I hope everyone is well and have a great day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sun is shining although the wind is chilly. Saw an actual asthma nurse this morning, got to take inhaler more often & going to book a chest X-ray, she asked me had I had one recently, haven’t had one since I was about 5!!! Also got to have a 12 hr blood pressure monitor as it shot up again when she took it. 
One of the local artists has 4 cows as pets,( as you do!)  one has calved in the past couple of days.

0FFFBE57-D665-4797-A967-6925205F8948.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,foot healing nicely, no more infection and can walk in shoes now.Thanks everyone who pestered me for to take antibiotics especially sis.IMG_20230404_1139014791301.thumb.jpg.e382c3ed2626a0702871fb9a44ea5870.jpg

That looks so much better Brian. So glad it's healing well. It was definitely heading for a really deep infection without treatment so they've done well by you. Happy days. Jane xx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Presto2 try the restaurant o,parrucchiano. Home of canaloni. It looks like nothing for the front but goes back into a lovely plant filled courtyard and garden. Nice place to eat in the middle of Sorrento.

There is also a long narrow street that heads to above the harbour. About half way along, amazing gelato.

I have some of the dishes @lincslady describes and they are cheerful to use once back home. I also got the serving spoons etc that hang on the edge of the bowls and Sorrento and Garda are the only places I have seen them, very useful particularly at Christmas.

Have a wonderful time and remember the lemonchello is stronger than you think!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lincslady said:

You may be tempted as we were by the various bits of china/crockery with lemons on.  Not everyone's cup of tea, but  I like to see them with nibbles on etc when we have people round.  Very sunny and cheerful. and a nice memento  of Sorrento.

52 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Presto2

I have some of the dishes @lincslady describes and they are cheerful to use once back home. I also got the serving spoons etc that hang on the edge of the bowls and Sorrento and Garda are the only places I have seen them, very useful particularly at Christmas.

Here is a photo of one from Maiori that I picked up on my travels in 2001. Bit weighty in the suitcase coming home. 5B33C5A8-BB98-4BFB-9D75-AC0AF901109D.thumb.jpeg.d9df627480035503db52625c36782cbb.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Oh - that is pretty, but mine have actual mouldings of lemons on them, if you know what I mean.  (Sorry, I can't manage photos, too old and daft).

Like this (with fingers crossed as I attempt my second photo insertion in 2 days 😄🤞)?  I use this all the time for lemon drizzle cake, which I make in loaf tins, 2 at a time.  Purchased from a market by Lake Garda.

DC24083E-6C75-4844-9CE8-67B52783F0D2.jpeg

Edited by mrsgoggins
  • Like 10

59 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Like this (with fingers crossed as I attempt my second photo insertion in 2 days 😄🤞)?  I use this all the time for lemon drizzle cake, which I make in loaf tins, 2 at a time.  Purchased from a market by Lake Garda.

I’ve got the tomato ones as well.  Nice for salads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Yes, thank you.  Mine are all round, though, and different sizes, but the same idea of what looks just a lemon on them.  

• Like 3