P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

For those friends who have been around since the pre-covid days, I realised that I haven't given any recent updates on my Mum.

Went to see her a week ago.  Still hale and hearty at 96 - insisted on cooking a homemade steak pie for dinner !

Whilst we were there,  she dug up all the tulip bulbs in the garden,  to store over the summer, prior to re-planting in the autumn. Got to love her zest for life !

Talking to her yesterday on the phone about the coronation, she told me that in 1953 her father rented a 12" TV so that the family could watch the Coronation of Elizabeth. I watched, sitting on her knee, aged nine months ! Not something that I remember.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

That’s brilliant wowzz that your mum is still healthy and strong and keeping very busy cooking and gardening at that age, thanks for the update but with that longevity ( hope that’s the right word) you yourself then could see 3 coronations in your lifetime 😊

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Ilovemygarden said:

On the subject of absent friends - haven’t heard anything from the Arvia fan for a few weeks - I think his name is Interestedcruisefan.    Still no news of Kalos?  

ICF has been travelling  ticking off his adventure bucket list.His latest was going over Niagara falls in a barrel.I'm sure he'll pop up soon.On a serious note,I share your concern for Kalos.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

That’s brilliant wowzz that your mum is still healthy and strong and keeping very busy cooking and gardening at that age, thanks for the update but with that longevity ( hope that’s the right word) you yourself then could see 3 coronations in your lifetime 😊

Thanks.

Yes, I might possibly see a third Coronation - of course, by then I may not know exactly what I am watching !

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Morning all, I enjoyed the concert overall, my favourite bit was definitely the light show and the drones, especially the blue whale. I also enjoyed watching the Royals dancing and singing 😁

These Bank Holidays are good when my day off is Tuesday 😊 Of course I’ll have my grandson today which is lovely. He had ‘parents evening’ last week and he is so good at his phonics that his teacher is giving him extra work. Of course I knew that anyway 😊

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 7

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

For those friends who have been around since the pre-covid days, I realised that I haven't given any recent updates on my Mum.

Went to see her a week ago.  Still hale and hearty at 96 - insisted on cooking a homemade steak pie for dinner !

Whilst we were there,  she dug up all the tulip bulbs in the garden,  to store over the summer, prior to re-planting in the autumn. Got to love her zest for life !

Talking to her yesterday on the phone about the coronation, she told me that in 1953 her father rented a 12" TV so that the family could watch the Coronation of Elizabeth. I watched, sitting on her knee, aged nine months ! Not something that I remember.

Thank you for the update on your dear mam wowzz.

She sounds amazing.

Good wishes to her and I'm looking forward in 4 years time to seeing your mam's 100th birthday card off king Charles.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

ICF has been travelling  ticking off his adventure bucket list.His latest was going over Niagara falls in a barrel.I'm sure he'll pop up soon.On a serious note,I share your concern for Kalos.

My concerns and good wishes for @kalos too.

Maybe after being in isolation for so long now he has a new passport he is on a deserved long cruise.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning All

I have WiFi again today so a quick post before I lose it again.

I hope you are all well and enjoyed the weekend's celebrations. I so enjoyed the singing in the Abbey - I found it quite moving at times. I loved seeing the little royals doing their thing at both the ceremony and the concert. Prince Louis is hilarious!

Re the concert - it was a bit "meh" for me. I thought Katy Perry was excellent as were Miss Piggy and Kermit with the lovely Hugh. Can't remember the name of the guy who played the Simple Minds track while the drones were shown but I liked him very much too. Lionel Richie and Take That - ok but past it IMHO. Everyone seemed to have a great time though so that's the important thing.

Now we've got interminable hours of Eurovision - not good for me I'm afraid.

@wowzz. Your dear mum sounds amazing. I loved your post. Thank you.

Still no Kalos? I'm getting a bit worried now. Please God he's OK.

Love and best wishes to all. Speak soon. Jane xxx

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Hopefully @kalos is having a long awaited cruise. I'm sure if it was anything else Mrs K would have said something by now, the same way Pauline did about Graham.

Avril

kalos seems to be currently working his way through the posts, so we know he is back, I am sure all will become clear in time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for the update on your dear mam wowzz.

She sounds amazing.

Good wishes to her and I'm looking forward in 4 years time to seeing your mam's 100th birthday card off king Charles.

I bet you'll get your 100k posts card from him first.

• Haha 4

HI everyone hope you are all well ,as Phil said just trawling through the posts to see 

what you lovely people have been up to.

First and foremost thanks to all of you concerned about me , I was humbled by your 

thoughts and concerns about me . Mrs K has said if anything was to happen she would

let you all know about it .That's a promise she said.

I know no one likes long posts so I will break this into parts of what we have been up to .

Glad to read you who liked Coronation street parties had a good time .

If I had been around I would most likely have turned up as Elsie Tanner but then again 

probably not cos I aint got the hair or legs for it no more.😉

I had to get away to be on the safe side as Ken out of our Chinese chippy  told me 

that " London was having a Nu king " 😲

Just going to get a cuppa and will be back to tell you more .

image.thumb.jpeg.8292a1536df28b4593ff54a9afe26682.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

HI everyone hope you are all well ,as Phil said just trawling through the posts to see 

First and foremost thanks to all of you concerned about me , I was humbled by your 

thoughts and concerns about me . Mrs K has said if anything was to happen she would

I know no one likes long posts so I will break this into parts of what we have been up to .

If I had been around I would most likely have turned up as Elsie Tanner but then again 

I had to get away to be on the safe side as Ken out of our Chinese chippy  told me 

Great picture Kalos mate.

Looks like you are somewhere warm.

I'm pleased you are okay and nice of Mrs K to offer to let us know if anything Heaven forbid ever happens to you.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

You had us all worried. Lovely picture. Looks a bit ' Abroad '. That is a well deserved holiday.🤣

• Like 13

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good to see you back kalos you look very relaxed.

You had us a tad worried there you little scamp.😉

Avril

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Can't remember the name of the guy who played the Simple Minds track while the drones were shown but I liked him very much too.

Zak Abel was the singers name, pianist was Alexis French. 

• Like 3

MY PART 2 

Firstly I think it was zap who picked up on a post where I said If I get medical clearance 

I would be off once the new passport came and Graham said I don't post using my phone 

as due to a career in heavy manual work my hands are not that good anymore ,so I prefer

my trusty old keyboard .

We have always took a holiday away from the news and media hence the lack of posting

on here . Sorry for any worry caused but we never advertise the fact we are going away, it's just our way/ preference .

We stopped posting just before going away and set about  the garden getting the grass cut etc not that you would know looking at it today ☹️

As we have not been away abroad since 2018 we were out shopping getting some new clothes that would fit ,as the new me was too thin for some of my clothes anyway.

This was going to be our retirement/ wedding anniversary holiday and with a few days before going away we were going to chill out and catch up on here   But then ..

The eldest grand daughter phoned to tell us " Although she loved us loads and thought we were very nice Grand parents.. We were going to be Great Grand parents ! "  😍

So no more to do , we had to do what Nan - Nans do, out buying baby things , visiting mum to be .

Then back home packing before going away .

I was thinking I may get to post ,before our away from it all holiday but nope our Daughter 

who is a Nan Nan to be phoned and was in tears sobbing "its gone",

It turned out , she also had been out baby shopping . Parked up her car ,nipped into her house for a quick change of clothes. She heard nothing but kitchen window had been forced , they took  her handbag /money and car keys and the car with bags of new born items .

So yet again off visiting and supporting loved ones in their hour of need .

Whilst we were away she let us know that the car had been located up Sheffield but no bag or clothing . The police said there is a lot of sought after car thefts where they break in for the keys but well done to them getting it back.

Oh did I tell you we were in need of a holiday ? will post later take care . 

20230502_1216211.thumb.jpg.dd3fcced21c13f62f1e1037ddccabb67.jpg

Edited by kalos
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Glad to see you are looking as if you are away on holiday.  Which ship is that behind you?

Forgot but it's a tall ship that takes young people, learning them the ropes of how to sail such a vessel.

Watched it sail away and its got hell of horn on it , sounds like a freight train !

• Like 5

@kalos: so much to say - and all of it includes "welcome back". I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say how much we've missed you and were getting ever so slightly worried about you - but all is good now.

Congratulations on your exciting news  but commiserations to your daughter. What utter bar stewards these people are. As long as she's OK is all that matters.

So glad you've had a well-deserved break - for Mrs K too. 

Best wishes Kalos. Good to see you again. Jane xxx

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

Forgot but it's a tall ship that takes young people, learning them the ropes of how to sail such a vessel.

Watched it sail away and its got hell of horn on it , sounds like a freight train !

Mate,after nearly 4 years of your jokes,you must be in the Silly Isles.

• Haha 14

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

MY PART 2 

Firstly I think it was zap who picked up on a post where I said If I get medical clearance 

I would be off once the new passport came and Graham said I don't post using my phone 

as due to a career in heavy manual work my hands are not that good anymore ,so I prefer

my trusty old keyboard .

We have always took a holiday away from the news and media hence the lack of posting

on here . Sorry for any worry caused but we never advertise the fact we are going away, it's just our way/ preference .

We stopped posting just before going away and set about  the garden getting the grass cut etc not that you would know looking at it today ☹️

As we have not been away abroad since 2018 we were out shopping getting some new clothes that would fit ,as the new me was too thin for some of my clothes anyway.

This was going to be our retirement/ wedding anniversary holiday and with a few days before going away we were going to chill out and catch up on here   But then ..

The eldest grand daughter phoned to tell us " Although she loved us loads and thought we were very nice Grand parents.. We were going to be Great Grand parents ! "  😍

So no more to do , we had to do what Nan - Nans do, out buying baby things , visiting mum to be .

Then back home packing before going away .

I was thinking I may get to post ,before our away from it all holiday but nope our Daughter 

who is a Nan Nan to be phoned and was in tears sobbing "its gone",

It turned out , she also had been out baby shopping . Parked up her car ,nipped into her house for a quick change of clothes. She heard nothing but kitchen window had been forced , they took  her handbag /money and car keys and the car with bags of new born items .

So yet again off visiting and supporting loved ones in their hour of need .

Whilst we were away she let us know that the car had been located up Sheffield but no bag or clothing . The police said there is a lot of sought after car thefts where they break in for the keys but well done to them getting it back.

Oh did I tell you we were in need of a holiday ? will post later take care . 

20230502_1216211.thumb.jpg.dd3fcced21c13f62f1e1037ddccabb67.jpg

Welcome back mate.Sadly, the most thriving business round here is fitting those rise and fall bollards in drives.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Welcome back mate.Sadly, the most thriving business round here is fitting those rise and fall bollards in drives.

Stan on Dinner Ladies had bollards too. His were 'up and down at the touch of a button'😁

Sis

• Haha 8

@kalos congratulations on becoming a great-grandad to be.

Sorry to hear about your daughter’s unwanted visitors, those sort of people are an absolute pain in the neck.  I don't  know how your daughter feels about getting her car back but I know that when I got my stolen car back I just wanted to sell it and buy another.

My car was stolen in Sheffield and it had had the door lock broken and and the steering was damaged.  We laugh about it now because a couple of weeks after I got it back I had a letter from South Yorkshire police advising me that if I used my car to go to Sheffield I should not leave it unattended.  I still can't think why I would drive to Sheffield just to sit in my car.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5