P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Agreed  and at only 20  if Alcarez is still learning then he could end up very special indeed.

He could be better than his countryman Nadal if he doesn't suffer any long term injuries.

Also well done Henry Searle who won the boys final.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, kalos said:

After 126 years ,you would think she would retire , poor old soul 🙃

The Cornish sea air keeps her going ,along with the cream teas. Some of our Cornish folk will know the place. Lots of 1940's memorabilia and music.  She was explaining the cream tea protocol to a German family with Vera Lynn playing in the background. Sometimes life is a bit bizarre.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had a cream tea in Mousehole ( the place ) last week. The Lady in the tea rooms had owned it since 1897. She explained in great detail why the jam goes on first.  It sounded very scientific. All to do with absorption and viscosity and what hits the taste buds first. We tried it her way. Very nice too.🤣

I didn’t want to get into this debate - but she’s right 😃

• Haha 2

I’m absolutely shattered! Trouble is John’s alarm goes off an hour before mine and if it wakes me up and I’m working I tend not to go back to sleep. I’ve been awake since 4.45 plus 35 minute walk each way to work! I literally have not moved since I’ve got home !

Just seen my excursions have finally popped up on my Rotterdam cruise. There’s not many of them though and not the one I want - to Keukenhof. Perhaps they’ll release some more later.

5:30pam and I get a phonecall from the Monday evening bowling team captain akkng if I can play for their team tonight as somone had just called her to say that they cannot play this is the 5th time this season that this has happened coincidentally every time on a rainy day.  I have said yes because they will lose 21 points and incur a fine but I have also said that they need to sort something out for the rest of the season because I said at the start of the season that I was not going to play on Mondays because it is a busy day for me.

• Like 10

Instant Karma this afternoon, driving on motorway, I pulled out to overtake a few lorries when a 23 Reg Range Rover undertook me and shot between me and the lorries. Once I passed I pulled in and let the grey BMW behind me pass, which it did, it then switched on its blue lights, and shot off at speed, seems it was a unmarked police car as a few miles down the motorway it had pulled over the Range Rover on the hard shoulder. So not only had driver passed me on the inside he/she had also done it to an unmarked police car, could be an expensive error for said Range Rover driver. 

• Like 19

13 hours ago, Grandad John said:

Nice weather for the time of year isn’t it!!😇

These months are flying by in the blink of an eye. November already. Not long to Christmas. 😏

I'd rather be here than Europe at the moment though🥵

Avril

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

These months are flying by in the blink of an eye. November already. Not long to Christmas. 😏

Avril

Agree Avril. Looking at posts elsewhere - passengers are saying it’s very hot ashore on their cruises, but the air conditioning on the ships when they get back on board is absolute bliss.

• Like 6

Hear, hear, Avril.  Though why November?  Is it the very premature reference to football?  I think  I enjoy the summer sports more simply because they are in the summer; football always makes me think of cold gloomy months which seem to go on for ever.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I am also glad that we aren't in Europe,  I am not a hot weather person.  I would rather we weren't experiencing this grey damp weather though.  It is quite cool here so a sweater has been pulled out this morning.

I was thinking of making my Christmas pudding in the next few weeks to give it plenty of time to mature.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I hope it isn't November already as I like to start simmering the sprouts around July 

for Christmas day dinner 😉

• Haha 12