P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Once again-

Posts that violate our guidelines are removed, along with any subsequent posts that may refer to a deleted post. Likewise, discussions of moderator actions on the boards is a Guidelines violation.

We will be answering any questions about moderation of this community via email, please write to community@cruisecritic.com.

I'll post this every day if necessary....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.

It is 16°C and just starting to rain here.

Nothing much planned for today except posting and reading cruise critic,watching TV and reading my cruise brochures.

Currently 6 P&O cruises booked for the next 2 years.

Although we are high loyalty on Princess (Elite) and Royal Caribbean (Diamond plus) P&O sailing from Southampton suits us.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who is unwell.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope it isn't November already as I like to start simmering the sprouts around July 

for Christmas day dinner 😉

At a hotel in Suffolk on Christmas Day a few year ago the commis chef in charge of the sprouts had done just that! The turkey was served on a bed of "Brussel Sprout purée!"

We've not been back... Dread to think of Christmas Dinner covered by a "Roast potato jus" or to finish with "Cream and Clotted Christmas pudding!" 🥺

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Regarding the temperatures in Greece etc. we lived for a few months in West Africa many years ago, when aircon was not known there, and the temperature was around 45 to 48 each day; really draining and we  lost weight at a time when we were slim enough already.  So delighted not to be there nowadays.  It is a shame for those of us who have gone on holiday to Southern Europe at present, hoping to sit on a beach or visit interesting places.

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Nothing much planned for today except posting and reading cruise critic,watching TV and reading my cruise brochures.

Although we are high loyalty on Princess (Elite) and Royal Caribbean (Diamond plus) P&O sailing from Southampton suits us.

Graham.

That’s a lot of cruises to look forward to Graham. My hubby likes to sail from Southampton too just to avoid the airport hassle 

Michelle

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lincslady said:

Hear, hear, Avril.  Though why November?  Is it the very premature reference to football?  I think  I enjoy the summer sports more simply because they are in the summer; football always makes me think of cold gloomy months which seem to go on for ever.

November -  because that's what the weather feels like to me at the moment. Cold, wet and dreary. I see your point lincslady, but just because they're 'summer sports' it doesn't mean we get the summer weather.😉

Avril

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Regarding the temperatures in Greece etc. we lived for a few months in West Africa many years ago, when aircon was not known there, and the temperature was around 45 to 48 each day; really draining and we  lost weight at a time when we were slim enough already.  So delighted not to be there nowadays.  It is a shame for those of us who have gone on holiday to Southern Europe at present, hoping to sit on a beach or visit interesting places.

My son was in Italy last week temperatures in Bologna were around 38C, this week he is in Bodrum staying at his girlfriend’s parents summer home, temperature was 43C on Sunday. 

• Like 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a dull cloudy day here and it feels a bit cooler. Just dropped my daughter’s dog at the groomers.

My son is visiting today,  along with my mum we are going to Miller & Carter for lunch which I am looking forward to.

Earlier this year I had surgery and from pathology tests i have been told they have found breast cancer. Seeing the Oncologist next Thursday to see what further treatment I need as they managed to remove a small tumor.

To make matters worse our elderly dog was diagnosed with cancer last week and has been put on palliative care as they can’t remove it.

Michelle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s a dull cloudy day here and it feels a bit cooler. Just dropped my daughter’s dog at the groomers.

My son is visiting today,  along with my mum we are going to Miller & Carter for lunch which I am looking forward to.

Earlier this year I had surgery and from pathology tests i have been told they have found breast cancer. Seeing the Oncologist next Thursday to see what further treatment I need as they managed to remove a small tumor.

To make matters worse our elderly dog was diagnosed with cancer last week and has been put on palliative care as they can’t remove it.

Michelle

I'm so sorry to hear your news Michelle.

I hope you get good news at your Oncologist appointment next Thursday.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Earlier this year I had surgery and from pathology tests i have been told they have found breast cancer.

So sorry to hear this Michelle but glad your getting treatment asap.

We had a nasty shock last year when S I L  had the same bad news .

She has finished treatment and just goes for check ups now and is fine .

She jokes with us she got a tiny pinhead sized tattoo so they know whereto check.🙂

Best wishes with your treatment and give the dog an extra hug from us .:classic_love:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Graham.

Good for you Graham, lifes too short, enjoy it whilst you can. We have 4 booked over the next 18 months and there may be late additions

I have a friend who is a multi millionaire, he won't spend a penny unless he has to,  I keep telling him  you can't take it with you. He sold his business a few years ago and now pops in and out of his son"s business. Each to their own.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Best wishes Michelle.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

So very sorry to hear your news. Glad to hear that you are being refered to the oncologist on Thursday and not having to wait ages for an appointment. Wishing you well and hope all goes well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Sorry to hear that, Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

I'm sorry to hear your news Michelle. My friend had the same diagnosis and after treatment she is, 30 years later, still cancer free. I hope all goes well for you next Thursday and the outcome  encouraging.

It is so sad about your dog, and that nothing can be done. You can console yourself in knowing that he has had a long and happy, life full of love.

Have a good day with your Mum and son and take care. x

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
spelling
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/10/2023 at 10:14 AM, Host Sharon said:

Just in case anyone is wondering why I am not around,  I had a knee replacement on 24 April.  One week later I collapsed at home and broke my femur around the new joint. So currently on week 3 of bedrest in hospital while they work out why I passed out and what to do with the bone 

Not sure if you're reading these posts Sharon . Hope your on the mend and getting better.

Take care :classic_love:

• Like 13