P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

50 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have two great-grandchildren. A girl 11 and a boy 4. I thought being a Grandma was the best feeling, but a great-grandma is even better. Wonderful times ahead kalos for you and Mrs K.

Avril

Thanks to everyone for your kind wishes . A Quick update the baby through the scan is 

now weighing 4lb 8oz in old money .

Just amazes me how they take all these measurements with 8 weeks to go apart from that all is good .

• Like 14

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's ok 🙂 A bit cool this morning 11.c here but dry.

I'm home alone this morning as Mrs K was up off and out taking eldest Granddaughter

to the Hozzie for a scan of our Great grandkid to be in a couple of months 🙂

The mum to be is faring well but her Pre-eclampsia ?? reading was rising but I'm sure 

the Hozzie staff will be on top of that at this stage of play.

This scan will tell us her weight and lots of other things they can work out from it .

Medical science is mind bending these days ,I was reading an article about research

at Porton Down and how they are preparing base vaccines for infections that do not 

even exist yet 😲

I think my Mam was a pioneer of this sort of thing , as a kid she would say ..

"Before you even think about it ,don't do it or you will end up with a smack laddie ."

How the hell did she know what I was going to do before I did ??

Well that cuppa and toast won't make itself  !  Have a good day -Take care 😀

I'll be driving down the A303 on Friday so can pop in to try a dose. I think MB lives close by. They will probably offer her first dibs.....they wouldn't dare not to.🤣

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Yes ,22 years ago I was holding our grand daughter and now ..

Came as a pleasant surprise when she told me I was going to be a great grandad !

Congratulations. Must be something in the Genes. ........ predictive text missed that one.🤣

• Haha 4

Cheers !🙂

Then people wonder how us older people get confused .

Granddaughter spends best part of her life telling me ..

"She loves me and I'm a great grandad " and years later ....

"She loves me and I'm going to be a great grandad "

Wish the woman would make her mind up 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Cheers !🙂

Then people wonder how us older people get confused .

Granddaughter spends best part of her life telling me ..

"She loves me and I'm a great grandad " and years later ....

"She loves me and I'm going to be a great grandad "

Wish the woman would make her mind up 😆

Reminds me when I was told my grandaughter was having a baby. I was so excited and told my eldest grandson that I was going to be a great-grandma. 'You've always been a great grandma,' was the reply.

Bless him☺️

Avril

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning ,hope everyone's ok 🙂 A bit cool this morning 11.c here but dry.

I'm home alone this morning as Mrs K was up off and out taking eldest Granddaughter

to the Hozzie for a scan of our Great grandkid to be in a couple of months 🙂

The mum to be is faring well but her Pre-eclampsia ?? reading was rising but I'm sure 

the Hozzie staff will be on top of that at this stage of play.

This scan will tell us her weight and lots of other things they can work out from it .

Medical science is mind bending these days ,I was reading an article about research

at Porton Down and how they are preparing base vaccines for infections that do not 

even exist yet 😲

I think my Mam was a pioneer of this sort of thing , as a kid she would say ..

"Before you even think about it ,don't do it or you will end up with a smack laddie ."

How the hell did she know what I was going to do before I did ??

Well that cuppa and toast won't make itself  !  Have a good day -Take care 😀

Hope all is ok for your granddaughter at the hospital today

Michelle

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 lbs. 8 oz. sounds pretty good for eight weeks to go, I would imagine,  kalos.  I believe sometimes people with pre-eclampsia have to go in for a week or two before the birth, to make sure everything remains fine.

It is even nicer to have a great grandchild than a grandchild, if that is possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lincslady said:

4 lbs. 8 oz. sounds pretty good for eight weeks to go, I would imagine,  kalos.  I believe sometimes people with pre-eclampsia have to go in for a week or two before the birth, to make sure everything remains fine.

It is even nicer to have a great grandchild than a grandchild, if that is possible.

My brother became a grandfather a few months ago so we have 4 generations in our family now too. Such excitement! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zap99 said:

I'll be driving down the A303 on Friday so can pop in to try a dose. I think MB lives close by. They will probably offer her first dibs.....they wouldn't dare not to.🤣

It's a very grand new building, until a few months ago they had hastily arranged some old Nissan huts from the 1960's site that was going to cure the common cold.  

As you say, I'm waiting for the call ...

• Like 4

After all that running around for Mrs K this morning ,up off and out before 7 am .

I thought it was only right that rather than start cooking ,we could go out for a 

meal ,so the pub lunch beckoned, so she could relax.

Mrs K  had the lasagne/garlic bread and chips, me I went for a turkey and beef

carvery with all the trimmings . The serving utensils were that hot you could barley

hold onto them.  By the time I sat down to heat my hands must have been glowing .

Soon to be followed by my nose as I had opted for a good dollop of English mustard !

Now to say this one was keen , it was like having two red hot pokers stuffed up your

nose  ,that met somewhere in your eyeballs !

I didn't do any photos as we all know what a carvery looks like and knowing you 

lot,  would have preferred to see me suffering  ,with what felt like my nose on fire .

Still mustn't complain though as that is my idea of very fine dining 🙃

Bone Apple Teeth  🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

52 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

It's a very grand new building, until a few months ago they had hastily arranged some old Nissan huts from the 1960's site that was going to cure the common cold.  

As you say, I'm waiting for the call ...

Didn’t really the Japanese were here that early (Nissan)😄. Auto correct no doubt!!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Just a word about travel insurance. I know some on here are around my age, 77, and with medical conditions travel insurance prices are rather expensive. After reading advice on this site I opened a Nationwide Flexiplus account which is £13 a month. Amongst it's benefits is worldwide travel insurance. I have activated mine and in addition to the £13 a month, £156 a year, I paid an additional £176 for myself and my wife who is 65, this includes cruise cover. Total £332. The lady who went through our medical conditions was very thorough and pleasant. I went on a comparison site and the cheapest quote, like for like was £936 !!!  I didn't change my bank, just opened an additional account with Nationwide.

Thanks for the heads up Bob .I keep meaning to look into this as I do have Nationwide 

account but not Flexi plus at the moment .

Same as you this is not my main bank , use this one for when we are off cruising so would

make sense to put travel insurance their as well ,if cheaper .

With the curse of the C lockup and medical issues ,my account ended up locked out and 

needed a new bank card that had expired anyway .

So just be aware to use the card  it at least once a year even if its just a balance check.

Did you have to open your flexi account before you got your insurance quote Bob ?

Our insurance is running until beginning of next year ,so have put a reminder in my phone .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Bone Apple Teeth  🙂

The things children mis-hear, and I don't mean you kalos😄

My mum said jokingly to my daughter after finishing her dinner 'Have you had elegant sufficiency?' She thought for a moment and replied 'Yes thank you nanny, I've had elephants and fish in the sea' 😁

We still say it now in fun

Avril

• Like 7

I had an appointment with GP this morning about my neck and shoulder problems and pain, thinking it was arthritis, I didn’t see the GP but instead I got to see the new practice physiotherapist for a 30 minute appointment. The good news I don’t have arthritis in my neck, the problem in muscular and relates to the large muscles in my back, which she said after examining me were knotted. She has subsequently with 2 hours a list of exercises to try and see which ones help, together with few other simple changes I can make to my posture. She will call me in 3 weeks to see how I am getting on, if no improvement then another appointment will be made to discuss other options.

I came out quite relieved it was not arthritis after seeing my late mother suffer with arthritis in her neck. So I will want the next few weeks bring, hopefully some improvement. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

The things children mis-hear, and I don't mean you kalos😄

My mum said jokingly to my daughter after finishing her dinner 'Have you had elegant sufficiency?' She thought for a moment and replied 'Yes thank you nanny, I've had elephants and fish in the sea' 😁

We still say it now in fun

Avril

We were on a bus coming home and passed a field of anemones and my daughter commented, to the amusement of the other passengers, "Look Mummy, a field of enemies", she is now in her forties and isn't allowed ot live it down.

Another of my children refered to vegetables as "vegi bubbles".

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Thanks for the heads up Bob .I keep meaning to look into this as I do have Nationwide 

account but not Flexi plus at the moment .

Same as you this is not my main bank , use this one for when we are off cruising so would

make sense to put travel insurance their as well ,if cheaper .

With the curse of the C lockup and medical issues ,my account ended up locked out and 

needed a new bank card that had expired anyway .

So just be aware to use the card  it at least once a year even if its just a balance check.

Did you have to open your flexi account before you got your insurance quote Bob ?

Our insurance is running until beginning of next year ,so have put a reminder in my phone .

I opened the flexiplus account and a couple of months later phoned and activated the insurance. I assume you could open the account and within a week activate the insurance. You don't get a quote, you just tell them of any additions to the norm, I,e, medical, age etc. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning all,we took Granddaughter to the science museum yesterday.Lucky we got there by 10,by 12 it was a seething mass of humanity.A lot of it was a bit old for her but she seemed to enjoy it.Not exactly step free from the Victorian South Ken station and thru the grade 2 listed tunnel linking all the museums.At least it was all free courtesy of TFL freedom passes and Queen Victoria.20230808_1200531616.thumb.jpg.614b3562d3f018616be6e219e1cc803a.jpg

Edited by brian1
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

FB_IMG_1691542958967.jpg.89689c98c980037524ee61934fce0aaa.jpg

Cats are far cleverer than dogs, our cat used to just look at us meow and walk to the cupboard to let us know when he wanted a treat.

A lovely sunny morning here.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I opened the flexiplus account and a couple of months later phoned and activated the insurance. I assume you could open the account and within a week activate the insurance. You don't get a quote, you just tell them of any additions to the norm, I,e, medical, age etc. 

They have updated their website.  Even as a non Flexiplus account holder there is now a portal to generate a quote.  Asks all the usual questions for pre-conditions and lets you enter other extras like time for longer journey or if you want to increase level of cover for the cost of holidays over £5k.  Portal generated quote valid for 30 days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Morning all, we took Granddaughter to the science museum yesterday.

20230808_1200531616.thumb.jpg.614b3562d3f018616be6e219e1cc803a.thumb.jpg.5b356e565b7c790e054e0a7fada1496c.jpg

Such a lovely Granddaughter Brian ,very cute .

Spun the photo so she looks even better ,if that's possible 😀

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Such a lovely Granddaughter Brian ,very cute .

Spun the photo so she looks even better ,if that's possible 😀

Thanks mate.How do you do that.There are a few on here who would like to know,lol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1