P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Thanks Kalos I will bear that in mind, however my problem is now resolved, I took the usually recomended action when these sort of incidents happen, I switched my phone off and did a restart, and surprise, surprise everything is now fully working. 🙄

Your welcome , glad you got it sorted using the old engineering method ..

Step one .. restart (switch off and back on )

Step two    Hit it with a lump hammer 😲

Glad you sorted it at step one 🙂

• Haha 6

Firstly good wishes to all, I have not posted for a while but I have been lurking regularly.

We are soon going on our first post c…… cruise in October ( Queen Victoria but don’t worry  we are doing Arcadia in Dec )and I thought I would share some news of great service from the Passport office.

We decided the the amount of leeway on our expiry dates was a bit tight so we ought to get them renewed . Last Tuesday 22nd we went for our photos and before he printed the the photographer emailed the passport office and got them accepted with a code for us to use on line. This made the application much easier as we knew we would have no problem with the photos. We were going to use the post office to do the checks but this saved us a lot of money. We were sent regular emails to keep us informed of progress and amazingly we returned from shopping this morning to find new passports on the door mat. Eight days including a bank holiday cannot be bad.

Have a good day everyone   Viv

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Barbados 
Tortola 
La Romana 
St Maarten 
Antigua 
St Kitts 
Martinique 
St Lucia 

anyone got any recommendations for these islands? Especially with 9&8 year olds. Just looking through some of the blogs to see what to do. Found one from interestedcruisefan. Wonder if there is any from any others, used some in the past but forgot the names to search. 

I think your original thread got moved to the Pub or General Cruisers section.  How's the girls' swimming development going, I recall there was a worry about the water borne activities because you were concerned they might not be suitable?

If you look at your cruise planner and the offered tours you'll be able to rule out quite a few straightaway as there are age limits and recommendations of swimming capabilities.

In St Lucia the aerial tram is a nice family thing.

16 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Are there any shuttles by p&o from these ports? 
Says there’s not much in La romana 

Barbados 

Tortola 

La Romana 

St Maarten 

Antigua 

St Kitts 

Martinique 

St Lucia 

They are all walk off, mostly into the centre.  You will find tour taxis, ferries etc within the actual terminal buildings in lots of them.

• Like 1

Re La Romana there may be a shuttle to a resort, never travelled there with P&O but MSC offered one if I recall correctly.  I'd suggest a tour here, even if it's the beach. Dominican Republic is somewhere to be careful of your safety.

Edited by Megabear2

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Barbados 
Tortola 
La Romana 
St Maarten 
Antigua 
St Kitts 
Martinique 
St Lucia 

anyone got any recommendations for these islands? Especially with 9&8 year olds. Just looking through some of the blogs to see what to do. Found one from interestedcruisefan. Wonder if there is any from any others, used some in the past but forgot the names to search. 

In Barbados we went to the Boatyard beach club, Tortola Cane Garden Beach is gorgeous but can get a bit busy later on, St Maarten you can watch the big jets land over on the Dutch side of the island and do some shopping, in St Kitts we shared a taxi with some other passengers to a local beach. 

I’m probably in the minority but I really don’t like St Lucia and not had a great experience when we’ve been there. The last time we were there we went to Rodney Bay beach and there was a strong current that day with an elderly couple from the ship getting into trouble in the sea and had to be saved by my husband and other passengers from the ship. However, banana ketchup that you can only seem to get there is delicious.

16 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Yet more dramas!!! In all the excitement with my BIL stranded in Italy and my train woes I'd completely forgotten about my American friends who travelled into UK on Queen Mary 2 and flew straight out to Spain from Southampton when they arrived.  I've just had a message to say they're meant to arrive London tomorrow but BA cannot confirm if and when.  To add to the excitement they've also lost their luggage en route! To quote my friend:

"Right now- no clothes no underwear nothing no makeup 
Have only what I wore on plane
BA NEVER AGAIN FOR ME"

Goodness knows what's happening next!! They have to board QM2 back to NYC on 4th I've not said a word but am silently praying!

I feel for your friend.  I vowed many years ago to never fly BA.  I was sometimes booked on  BA when I had to travelled for work if there was no alternative suitable flights and my luggage NEVER arrived on the same flight as me.

When DH and I had flight back from USA after a holiday in Florida my sister and her husband were picking us up from Manchester, when we eventually came out of arrivals sans luggage my sister turned to get husband and said "I to!d you that they would be reporting their missing luggage"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I feel for your friend.  I vowed many years ago to never fly BA.  I was sometimes booked on  BA when I had to travelled for work if there was no alternative suitable flights and my luggage NEVER arrived on the same flight as me.

When DH and I had flight back from USA after a holiday in Florida my sister and her husband were picking us up from Manchester, when we eventually came out of arrivals sans luggage my sister turned to get husband and said "I to!d you that they would be reporting their missing luggage"

Thankfully they've made it back to London which was my worry.  No luggage though.  I believe they've got some with Cunard for the voyage home and they are going shopping once settled in their hotel.

And finally I'm on a train..

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

And finally I'm on a train..

I remember catching a train once, very nice it was too.🙂 I phoned my boss's mobile....

I said "I'm on the train heading to the south coast now."

"What?.." he sounded a bit annoyed with me .....

"It's five 'o' clock in the morning! What the hell are you doing on a train?"

"You tell me,"  "You're the one who told me to be in Brighton early this morning." 🙃🤣

• Haha 15

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

A lovely day here, one of the few we have had this year, nice to be able to sit out without gathering all the gear and rushing in when the rain comes. 

We are entitled to a nice day once in a Blue Moon . Talking of which I have read 

tonight's the night .  A certain newspaper tells us how to see it ? Look up they say 🤣

The best time will be 02.35 am which will coincide with me looking at the back of my 

eyelids !  

They say you can only see this blue new moon every 14 years ,which gets me thinking

where do they hide the old one ?  All too technical for me 🥴🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Phew! Finally home and back on here, although I need some gentle breaking in. Thank goodness I didn’t know back on 29 May that I would still be in hospital 8 weeks later, 6 of them on complete bed rest. All followed by the NHS shipping me off to a nursing home for another month. Now home but hobbling very gingerly with zimmer frame. Still a ways to go I fear.

• Like 24

11 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Phew! Finally home and back on here, although I need some gentle breaking in. Thank goodness I didn’t know back on 29 May that I would still be in hospital 8 weeks later, 6 of them on complete bed rest. All followed by the NHS shipping me off to a nursing home for another month. Now home but hobbling very gingerly with zimmer frame. Still a ways to go I fear.

Good to see you back Sharon, I hope you continue to improve, what a long recovery you’re having.

• Like 11

19 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Now home but hobbling very gingerly with zimmer frame. Still a ways to go I fear.

Nice and easy ,don't rush it and you will get there .

Take care and welcome home to CC🙂

• Like 9

Evening all. I’ve been in the office today and then over to the parents this afternoon. This means I’ve just had a little nap on the settee! It’s a bit late for a nap, I hope I sleep ok, I’ve had some awful sleeps lately but with the long weekend forced myself to have little naps earlier in the day!

Mum is looking rather tired and not her normal self. All very worrying.

Also nipped to our local railway station to see if there were any ticket office staff about to see how we can get some train tickets in a couple of weeks. There wasn’t but there was a very helpful chap who showed us how to use the machines (we’re not tech phobes but have had trouble with the machines there before and given up!) I have got tickets online for the major part of the journey but I tend to just buy local tickets for the first part of the journey to London.

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Saw you close down a thread earlier and was so pleased to see you back. Thoughts with you Sharon .. you take care and welcome back x

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Welcome back.

Graham x.

200w.gif

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Ps dare I say that we will all behave even more now ??? 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 8