P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Well I’m home from my Mediterranean cruise and a lovely cruise it was , as you know visited some lovely places by the amount of photos I posted 😂 . Got fed up of eating and drinking in the end so tonight’s dinner was sliced  tomatoes on toast and a bottle of water , and this is the first time I have ever come back from a holiday and not unpacked and done several washes but instead I went shopping in Tesco for a full week shop and by the time I done that which was 1 o’clock I put my pjs on and rested for the rest of the day , we were both just exhausted. It was a good cruise we had the usual comedians, magician magic bones and Tom Ball from Britain’s got talent, the trawler men again , a lady welsh singer who was good but I can’t remember her name , and our cruise director Dan who is very good and funny sang opera with her one night which he is a brilliant singer.

We had 3 formal nights which the first one was the champagne waterfall with the captain, the one in the middle was nothing special, the the last one meeting the captain and officers and for the very first time we won a bottle of fizz which was very nice and we had it sent up to the dining room to have with dinner.

Everyone of the staff was fantastic always happy and wanting to help the more elderly get chairs , we had a good dinner table each evening at 8 o’clock in the same section we asked for and it was a table next to the window reserved for us brilliant for watching the sunset and dolphins swimming by . We had a inside cabin at the front of the ship on deck 8 which was very convenient to just walk up one flight of stairs at night after the theatre show , it was a quiet room and we did not hear our neighbours and I believe there were children just down the hall we met once , our cabin steward was good and we had the room serviced twice a day .

Our only bug bear was the theatre seating with certain seats blocked off for premier paying guests which they blocked off quite a lot and they hardly got used but they did release these 5 minutes before the show started and most of all which I think is a health and safety matter is peoples standing at the back up the top blocking the view of the people that are seated behind them and sitting on the stairs of the exit so if you wanted to leave the show you had all these people sitting on the stairs, some officers did come in one night and asked them to move but as soon as they go they come back and just ignored the grunted people from behind who couldn’t see 🤬 .

so all in all I hope I didn’t upset anybody with my photos I hope some of the pictures gave you a little insight of the places if you haven’t been to them before and some of the dining opportunities you can have on board some $$ and some $$$ with wine pairing which we did .

Many thanks for all of your lovely photos and descriptions.

I am pleased you both had a fantastic time.

It is misty and 14°C this morning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

I liked him at first,but a few "back stabby"comments on the team radio and some of his actions on the track put me off.Perhaps it's me,I liked the Stones when everyone else liked the Beatles,lol.

I liked the stones. My old mum stopped buying the news of the world after they wrote a snidey article about Mike Jagger.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Singapore only has one straight of any length, so hopefully Max will be a bit too reckless and clip the wall, which should slow him down a bit.

Like the song "3 wheels on my wagon and I'm still rolling along".

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

A lovely evening in Bournemouth prior to joining Arvia later for our Med cruise. Stay safe everyone.

Have a great time.

We’re sitting in the lounge at Holiday Inn Fareham, waiting to take my parents to Southampton to board Arvia 😊

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 11

25 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Have a great time.

We’re sitting in the lounge at Holiday Inn Fareham, waiting to take my parents to Southampton to board Arvia 😊

Hope they enjoy the cruise and you enjoy the lunch at the Harbour hotel. We had a lovely Sunday lunch there a couple of years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Afternoon all, very dark here, think it’s going to rain soon. We’ve had a manic couple of weeks with parent trouble and understaffed at work.

John and I are off for the week now, thank goodness ☺️

Have a nice week off work, hope your parents are ok 

Michelle 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else noticed that there seems to be quite a number of 5p coins being dropped on the footpaths ? Arebpeople throwing them away or just can't be bothered to pick them up when they drop them ?

I have just got back from my walk with another 4 making a total of 11 to put in the charity box tomorrow when I go shopping.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That will be what he typed Pete. It stems from a conversation about a favourite saxophonist of mine known as 'Simply Sax' 😇

Avril

You may be right Avril but part of me hopes you are not. 😇 Is there someone called ‘complicated sax’?

16 minutes ago, pete14 said:

You may be right Avril but part of me hopes you are not. 😇 Is there someone called ‘complicated sax’?

I'm not sure Pete. I think it might have something to do with an album cover called Complicated.

I've always loved the sound of the saxophone and on an Aurora cruise in 2019 we saw a young woman who was amazing. She was billed as 'Simply Sax'. 

I was bought up listening to Art Pepper, 

Avril

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

A lovely evening in Bournemouth prior to joining Arvia later for our Med cruise. Stay safe everyone.

Glad to had a lovely evening in Bournemouth and I hope you have a wonderful cruise on Arvia with better weather than your leaving here .

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm not sure Pete. I think it might have something to do with an album cover called Complicated.

I've always loved the sound of the saxophone and on an Aurora cruise in 2019 we saw a young woman who was amazing. She was billed as 'Simply Sax'. 

I was bought up listening to Art Pepper, 

Avril

I must admit, I don’t mind listening  to a saxophone. There was a guy who was on Britain’s got Talent’ several years ago who did a couple of shows on a cruise we are on, who was excellent but nobody is like the late great Clarence Clemons from Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band who also had a superb bass singing voice he kept well hidden for some reason. 

• Like 5

Well, the rain has finally stopped, after a very wet middle of the day.  The forecast for the week ahead is less than spectacular, unfortunately.  Temperatures are still high but it looks like the sun is taking a holiday

My sister is in the Dordogne till the end of the month.  Still 31°C there but due to fall from tomorrow and rain from Thursday

There seems to be a lot of you-know-what around these parts at the moment.  How is it where you are?

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

I must admit, I don’t mind listening  to a saxophone. There was a guy who was on Britain’s got Talent’ several years ago who did a couple of shows on a cruise we are on, who was excellent but nobody is like the late great Clarence Clemons from Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band who also had a superb bass singing voice he kept well hidden for some reason. 

Strange, but my mum always hated the saxophone, so I was brought up with her voice in my head saying, "I hate saxophones" - and I have to say, I am not keen as a result. I suppose it is why I hate jazz -- love everything from Benjamin Brittain to Bon Jovi, as long as there is no saxophone. Blame my late mum 😉 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pete14 said:

Same here, got to like after seeing Roxy Music live and their sax player Andy Mackay, what I didn’t know was that one of my work colleagues was at same concert and he inspired her to take up the sax, I saw her play in a band a few years later

An aside from that, after the concert we went clubbing and In Birmingham and I found my self standing at the bar next to Bryan Ferry & Jerry Hall. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 8

I have just had a phone call to let me know that I am doing the school run today, my niece spent last evening in A&E because she was in so much pain and was worried that it was something to do with her cancer.  Fortunately it wasn't but she has had a virus that has caused her to have costocondritus because she her immune system is so low due to last week's chemo.

I hope you are all fine and healthy today.

• Like 4