P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad start to the day here, looks good for our trip down to Southampton for our Aurora cruise tomorrow. 

Have a lovely cruise.

Just returned from ours on Arvia, loved it. The dining room front desk appear to be more flexible with passengers who want the same table. Asked for, and got, a regular slot for 7.30pm on the same table for 2 after liking our table and waiters the first night. The food was better than Iona in January IMO..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good morning! Congratulations to the family K on their new arrival and Bon voyage to all those heading off on holiday.

So I had my C booster last week and now have an unexpected side effect of COVID toe! You couldn’t make it up 😂😂

I had a little go at driving yesterday after my shoulder replacement, a bit uncomfortable but it’s a start.

Have a great day everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad start to the day here, looks good for our trip down to Southampton for our Aurora cruise tomorrow. 

Same here!  Have a safe journey down and a great cruise - maybe see you on board!  Enjoy!

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Astrajet said:

Same here!  Have a safe journey down and a great cruise - maybe see you on board!  Enjoy!

Us too! Finishing packing this afternoon ready for the journey to Southampton tomorrow to join Aurora - our first time on her since April 2019. Really hoping she will be an improvement on our Ventura experience in May.

• Like 13

35 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

Us too! Finishing packing this afternoon ready for the journey to Southampton tomorrow to join Aurora - our first time on her since April 2019. Really hoping she will be an improvement on our Ventura experience in May.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

Have a great cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SeaJane said:

Have a great cruise but please be kind to her so she will be ready to accept us next month without any issues. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Have a lovely cruise.

Just returned from ours on Arvia, loved it. The dining room front desk appear to be more flexible with passengers who want the same table. Asked for, and got, a regular slot for 7.30pm on the same table for 2 after liking our table and waiters the first night. The food was better than Iona in January IMO..

I'm glad you had a good time, Mum & Dad were on the same cruise. They did the same, booked the same table at the same time for multiple evenings. Dad enjoyed all of his meals, mum had a few tough bits of meat and said she preferred the food on Iona.

They had a really good time, even with dad's shorts falling down in front of everyone coming through security 😂 but they have both said they prefer Iona to Arvia, I'm not really sure why.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I'm glad you had a good time, Mum & Dad were on the same cruise. They did the same, booked the same table at the same time for multiple evenings. Dad enjoyed all of his meals, mum had a few tough bits of meat and said she preferred the food on Iona.

They had a really good time, even with dad's shorts falling down in front of everyone coming through security 😂 but they have both said they prefer Iona to Arvia, I'm not really sure why.

Pleased they enjoyed the cruise. Ships are a personal choice, having cruised on iona four times and Arvia once, we preferred Arvia. Sky Dome with retractable roof, 6th st diner, sushi restaurant and mini golf to name extras we liked.

• Like 6

Ooops!  That could have been embarrassing!🤣

My daughter was taking her car for it's MOT but while shopping I saw something that might have been suitable for a present and needed to check with her...I rang her but, unlike me, I kept the conversation short and sweet as I knew she would be in the garage office.

I don't know what she did but somehow the thing in the car must have been switched on and linked to her mobile as the mechanics came out shouting "Yer Mother's in Tescos!   Did she manage to get the Lego?"

Phew, that was lucky.. my daughter is quite outspoken,and funny, so it could have been embarrassing and hilarious had we been having a personal mum/daughter chat or had been having a good old moan about someone🤣😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Have a fantastic cruise on Aurora and I hope the weather will be kind and sunny, we’re on her beginning of December and can’t wait, it’s been 20 years since last time .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, Peanut006 said:

Curry and chips, chips and gravy, chips and mushy peas, I love them all!!!

Going to World Firework Championships tonight in Blackpool - weather dependent, currently heavy rain here. 

I did “a Graham” and called at Greggs today, unfortunately I ate the sausage roll before I took the photo

Michelle

IMG_9494.jpeg

I paid a rare visit to Greggs yesterday. The coffee machines both ran out and there was just one lady trying to serve the big queue and refill the machines at the same time. 
When I finally got to the front of the queue the cavalry arrived and a 2nd staff member finally came out to serve customers. I was stood right in front of him with armfuls of goodies but he looked straight past me and said “Can I help anyone?” 
I honestly think I’m invisible sometimes.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Morning everyone, hope everyone is well or recovering if they are poorly.

Another dull and overcast day here, but supposed to clear up.

I have had one of those nights when I couldn't sleep and I've seen every hour🙄

For those of you heading off on cruises, I hope you have a good time.

We're off this morning to Gatwick and flying out to Sicily, to visit the in-laws, tomorrow so hopefully we will have some sunny weather. 

Hope you all have a good day.

Pam 

• Like 14

36 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone, hope everyone is well or recovering if they are poorly.

Another dull and overcast day here, but supposed to clear up.

I have had one of those nights when I couldn't sleep and I've seen every hour🙄

For those of you heading off on cruises, I hope you have a good time.

We're off this morning to Gatwick and flying out to Sicily, to visit the in-laws, tomorrow so hopefully we will have some sunny weather. 

Hope you all have a good day.

Pam 

It’s dull and dismal here today too and has just been raining heavily.

Hope you have a lovely time in Sicily Pam, I am sure it will be nice and warm when you step off the plane. I just love that feeling, it just smells different to me.

It’s ladies coffee morning for me this morning at St Annes Tennis Club, they are a great bunch of ladies. It was set up for people to meet new friends, most of us are people who have moved into the area.

Hubby is off to Man United tonight, that is def not my thing!!! 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1