P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thank you again @grapau27 and @purplesea. In the end I decided to try Uber for the first time and it worked like a dream! Lovely driver who arrived within the 1 minute the App showed! I did end up tipping double the £2 I had intended due to inexperience, but still less than £10. 

I'm now on the ship with a window table in Tuscan Grill, looking out at rain and Norwegian Star docked. I just need the storm gods to stay away for the next 10 days 🤞.

Wishing you all a good week but especially those of you who have challenges to face.

Have a lovely cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. I feel for you early risers, my best sleeping is usually 4-7ish. We are all different in our quirks and ways I suspect.

Some of you may remember we lost our lovely golden retriever dog to cancer in August. I can’t remember if I told you but we have got another dog, here she is, Minnie a poodle x shitzu, 2 years old 

IMG_9807.png

Minnie is lovely Michelle.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today. I feel for you early risers, my best sleeping is usually 4-7ish. We are all different in our quirks and ways I suspect.

Some of you may remember we lost our lovely golden retriever dog to cancer in August. I can’t remember if I told you but we have got another dog, here she is, Minnie a poodle x shitzu, 2 years old 

IMG_9807.png

Minnie is gorgeous Michelle.

Freddie is very taken with her photo……

x

Edited by Angel57
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone.

Cold, wet, windy but mild (14c) here. Although it's not actually raining at present.

Shoe shopping is on the agenda for today, but other than nothing planned except the usual chores.

Hope you all have a good day.

Pam

Shoe shopping today for me too, just been into Lytham and bought some new boots

Going to see a friend this afternoon who broke her leg in two places last week. Her mum is in her 90’s and she is her carer so not sure how she is going to manage for the next few weeks. 

Michelle

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Going to see a friend this afternoon who broke her leg in two places last week.

I would tell her not to go to those two places again Michelle😁

Back to reality for us today, it is thick with fog here but quite mild. A drive into Barnsley for brekkie at Costa, that seems a bit deja vou as we had coffee at Costa each day on Aurora. 

• Haha 10

5 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Back to reality for us today, it is thick with fog here but quite mild. A drive into Barnsley for brekkie at Costa, that seems a bit deja vou as we had coffee at Costa each day on Aurora. 

I will tell her that, It will make her laugh!!! 

Michelle

• Like 6

5 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I think you might find that there's a slight difference between Aurora  and Barnsley.😉

I'm pleased you liked the beautiful Aurora. She's still a classy lady even if a bit worn around the edges.

But then aren't we all as we age?😁

Avril

• Haha 15

10 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

IMG_9807.png

She looks gorgeous.

• Thanks 1

Can't remember who I am replying to about this one, but Whitebridge Wines Wine Tasting is the 23rd to the day of the 25th of November. For anyone who can meet up there how about the 25th November?

I know that some of you locals to the area frequent there so it would be a great way to meet up for some of us 🙂

I said a while ago that I liked cooking  meals but just could not do cakes or pastry, no matter how hard I tried...Well reading on here about all the Christmas cakes and mince pies etc that were being prepared I attempted Weetabix and Blueberry muffins.  It was a super easy recipe.

Anyone got a hammer!!🤣

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 11

27 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Can't remember who I am replying to about this one, but Whitebridge Wines Wine Tasting is the 23rd to the day of the 25th of November. For anyone who can meet up there how about the 25th November?

I know that some of you locals to the area frequent there so it would be a great way to meet up for some of us 🙂

We’d love to but we will be somewhere in the North Sea coming back from Norway on Aurora. 

• Like 2

Just now, Presto2 said:

Oh no !!!!!!!!

We will check them all out for you and send photos !!!

If you can sneak out some samples and save them for us, that would be good. I suppose we can ask the captain to put his foot down and get back to Southampton at record speed but as we don’t leave Haugesund until the afternoon of the 25th, we may struggle. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Oh no.  We will be on Ventura somewhere on the way to the Canaries.  I was looking forward to meeting up.

• Like 3

Another cold damp day here, I am so not looking forward to the school run this morning.  Yesterday the morning journey was fine but when I collected them from school in the afternoon there were 2 lots of road works  (no actual road workers were in sight) controlled by temporary traffic lights that so the 15 minute journey took over 30 minutes.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no.  We will be on Ventura somewhere on the way to the Canaries.  I was looking forward to meeting up.

Looks like we may be sharing the sneaked out samples. Perhaps we can all join in spirit in our respective ‘glasshouses’ along with Presto and hopefully others and raise a toast to something. It does solve the ‘do you want to drive or have I got to’ conundrum though. 🥴

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes, it is a bit miserable to get up as late as 7.30 and it is still pretty dark.  Although disliking the dark evenings, somehow I prefer a bit of daylight in the mornings - I suspect most of us do.

A fair amount of flooding around here, from the Trent, and some more rain forecast although hopefully less.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Yes, it is a bit miserable to get up as late as 7.30 and it is still pretty dark.  Although disliking the dark evenings, somehow I prefer a bit of daylight in the mornings - I suspect most of us do.

A fair amount of flooding around here, from the Trent, and some more rain forecast although hopefully less.  

We get up at 6 am on Pauline's work days and it feels like the middle of the night.

Summer is best when it is light before 5 am.

It is raining heavily now.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We get up at 6 am on Pauline's work days and it feels like the middle of the night.

Summer is best when it is light before 5 am.

It is raining heavily now.

Know what you mean. My shifts start at 6.30 am and these past few weeks have definitely been getting more of a struggle! 

Lovely in the summer though. 

Won't be long until we have to get up another 10 mins earlier for ice scraping/defrosting the windscreen! 😭

Just keep thinking of that next cruise......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1