P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh no.  We will be on Ventura somewhere on the way to the Canaries.  I was looking forward to meeting up.

Oh no .. what a shame. Both you and Pete 14. We will have to make up for your absence. Another time x

• Like 2

ARE THE CRUISE GODS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING????

Well that's the 3rd cruise cancelled in a row!

Not all P&0

No.1 Father in law suffered severe illness.

No.2  I required small emergency operation.

No.3 Recent middle east events.

I'll get my coat!! And retire the suitcase☹️

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
Predictive text blunder
  • Like 5

Morning all,on my walk to the gym yesterday lunchtime I popped into a walk in pharmacy.Had the double covid and flu jabs in 1 arm.After, I did my usual 300 reps of various weights,other than  a deep bruise feeling ,no after effects so far.

• Like 13

Morning everyone, well it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful sunny day here today. Clear skies, the sun is just coming up and no wind  - perfect. The dogs will enjoy a couple of walks out today.

We have sold our house again, our buyers surveyor is coming today. Hopefully everything is ok, it should be I think.

Hope you all have a nice day whatever you are planning 

Michelle 

• Like 18

Morning was 7.c an hour ago but has dropped to 6.c with clear sky.

Mrs K has informed me she has ordered our turkey crown and will get a nice 

piece of beef to go with it nearer the time.

Must try to remember the clocks go back this weekend but I won't lose any sleep over it 🙃

Have a good day 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 10

59 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, well it looks like it’s going to be a beautiful sunny day here today. Clear skies, the sun is just coming up and no wind  - perfect. The dogs will enjoy a couple of walks out today.

We have sold our house again, our buyers surveyor is coming today. Hopefully everything is ok, it should be I think.

Michelle 

I wish I was where you are, I have just got back from the nightmare also known as the school run.  The traffic was crawling because we have fog.  Where we are isn't  too bad but the journey to my niece's  house and then on to the school was a nightmare.

Stupid teenagers are crossing the road away from the pelican crossing because they are more interested in their phones than the moving traffic which makes it even more hazardous for drivers.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Not all P&0

I went through a serious of cancellations 30 years ago and felt just the same as you.

Came out the other side and went on to enjoy many more lovely holidays. Get the suitcase dusted off and book something else, you have had your three (or is that just a Scottish superstition about things coming in threes?)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle 

The weather is great in Bolton as well Michelle. Fingers crossed with your sale and hope you get into your new house quickly.

Jennizor

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A bright sunny day down here too, but chilly. 

10 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Not all P&0

I'm sure things will improve. Don't give up keep positive

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6c and foggy here at the moment, hope that it burns off soon so we can have the sun that some of you have already but tends to linger here on the low lying Cheshire Plain.

Our son is visiting this week up from Southampton so I’ve been more active this week with long walks with him and went to the Crewe v Stockport match last night. Crewe lost 2 0 and were pretty poor with no shots on target but Stockport looked very good. Son is going to Southampton v Preston tonight with a friend so hopefully a better outcome for our favoured teams.

We have nothing much planned for my birthday on Friday ( and Grahams if I remember correctly), will probably have a quiet night in with a takeaway or M&S gastropub meal. I find going out too much of a faff and when I see the prices now a days I lose my appetite anyway 😀

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

6c and foggy here at the moment, hope that it burns off soon so we can have the sun that some of you have already but tends to linger here on the low lying Cheshire Plain.

Our son is visiting this week up from Southampton so I’ve been more active this week with long walks with him and went to the Crewe v Stockport match last night. Crewe lost 2 0 and were pretty poor with no shots on target but Stockport looked very good. Son is going to Southampton v Preston tonight with a friend so hopefully a better outcome for our favoured teams.

We have nothing much planned for my birthday on Friday ( and Grahams if I remember correctly), will probably have a quiet night in with a takeaway or M&S gastropub meal. I find going out too much of a faff and when I see the prices now a days I lose my appetite anyway 😀

Happy birthday in advance for you too.

Nothing planned yet either for my Friday birthday.

9°C and raining here.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

9°C and raining here.

Happy birthday for Friday Graham from me and Gail. We look forward to seeing  the pics of your celebratory takeaway.🤣

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

9°C and raining here.

It's mine too Graham on Sunday.We'll all have a Greggs bacon roll together on the beach.At the coach station again early Saturday going to Cardiff for the weekend.Enjoy.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

It is quite pleasant here if a tad on the cold side, Mrs YP is currently working through the cruise washing she didn't do onboard. 

We usually buy a couple of packs of sweets for the kids on Halloween, my mate who is a canny Yorkshireman has found a good use for the empty tubs; he saved a fortune on those expensive alarms, get in my son.

May be an image of text that says 'BURGALUR ALARM'

• Haha 11

14 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

Not all P&0

I feel your pain  @ohnonotmeagain, way back in February @indiana123 kindly told us about some very good prices on Parkdean caravan holidays - we booked 4 at bargain prices.

The first one was a midweek in Whitley Bay and we had a great week, the next was cancelled because my husband had to do a training course at work, the next he had a bad back and was confined to bed for almost three weeks and then 4 weeks ago, 5 days before we were supposed to travel, I fell down just one step and completely smashed up my foot 😒 after an operation I am now in plaster until the end of November!

I really love a caravan holiday but will be scared stiff to book another 🙂

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I wish I was where you are, I have just got back from the nightmare also known as the school run.  The traffic was crawling because we have fog.  Where we are isn't  too bad but the journey to my niece's  house and then on to the school was a nightmare.

Stupid teenagers are crossing the road away from the pelican crossing because they are more interested in their phones than the moving traffic which makes it even more hazardous for drivers.

It’s a nightmare isn’t it when they all walk with heads down looking at their phones. I use a mobility scooter to get about outside, if I see someone coming towards me on a phone I try move out if the way if I can’t I stop and hope they see me. I can’t tell you how many times people have actually walked into me.

Michelle

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Hope you have a lovely birthday on Friday, you can’t go wrong with an M & S meal

Michelle

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

It's mine too Graham on Sunday.We'll all have a Greggs bacon roll together on the beach.At the coach station again early Saturday going to Cardiff for the weekend.Enjoy.

Hope you have a lovely Birthday on Sunday Brian

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1