P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, brian1 said:

Gunwharf quays car park is as safe as any and on the front.The historical dockyard,spinnaker tower and loads of waterfront restaurants within easy reach.

We will divert there on Wednesday on our way to Bournemouth. Apparently there us a Michael Korrs shop and a Radley outlet. Probably have lunch in Carluccios, so I have been told.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, happy v said:

Michelle is your Grandson healing okay?

He is doing fine, he had a six week check up last Weds at the Hospital, they are happy how it has healed so he can eat normally now. He has lost a bit of weight but I am sure he will put that back on now he can eat normally again. Thank you for asking 

Michelle

• Like 16

Gosh there a lot of us here who have birthdays in the next few days. Happy Birthday to all. I was always lucky that I never went to school on my birthday as it was always in the autumn half term🙂

I got a letter yesterday, as soon as I took it out of the letter box I suspected what it was. It was from my cousin saying that my uncle had died at 99yo, We will be going to the funeral in Devon from Cheshire only 3 days before we travel South again for our Queen Victoria cruise, so a lot of driving in late November.

Our son got back here at midnight last night after going to the Southampton v Preston match last night at Preston, I watched it on tv and we were lucky to get a last minute equaliser.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Gosh there a lot of us here who have birthdays in the next few days. Happy Birthday to all. I was always lucky that I never went to school on my birthday as it was always in the autumn half term🙂

I got a letter yesterday, as soon as I took it out of the letter box I suspected what it was. It was from my cousin saying that my uncle had died at 99yo, We will be going to the funeral in Devon from Cheshire only 3 days before we travel South again for our Queen Victoria cruise, so a lot of driving in late November.

Our son got back here at midnight last night after going to the Southampton v Preston match last night at Preston, I watched it on tv and we were lucky to get a last minute equaliser.

Sorry to hear your uncle has died.

Condolences to your family.

9°C cloudy and light rain here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I can’t recommend anything to do in the other place (Portsmouth)🤬 because apart from the dockyard with Victory, Mary Rose etc I have never explored there, I am from Southampton and just don’t do it😀

Local rivalries?

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

We will divert there on Wednesday on our way to Bournemouth. Apparently there us a Michael Korrs shop and a Radley outlet. Probably have lunch in Carluccios, so I have been told.

You said the magic words. Radley.

My OH will not be pleased with you Zapp but I’m delighted.

• Haha 7

39 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I can’t recommend anything to do in the other place (Portsmouth)🤬 because apart from the dockyard with Victory, Mary Rose etc I have never explored there, I am from Southampton and just don’t do it😀

No FRATTONizing then?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Has anyone else got a painful, bruised feeling, arm days after their Covid jab?  I had mine on Saturday, and it still feels somewhat painful. First time  this has happened.  Did not feel it at the time.

What a lot of birthdays at present; I am looking forward to some pictures of lovely meals to celebrate.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Local rivalries?

Absolutely, goes back a long way. We are both likely to be in the football championship next season and the Hampshire Constabulary must be dreading the match days as it’s normally a huge operation to keep the rivals a part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Has anyone else got a painful, bruised feeling, arm days after their Covid jab?  I had mine on Saturday, and it still feels somewhat painful. First time  this has happened.  Did not feel it at the time.

What a lot of birthdays at present; I am looking forward to some pictures of lovely meals to celebrate.

Had my double jab in 1 arm 2 days ago.After a few hours felt bruised,still does but getting better.Makes sense when a needle pierces a muscle.

34 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Nothing from the covid jab, but a bit delicate after the flu jab.

Another miserable wet day in store here.

I have taken the squabbling teenagers to school. The boy was moaning because the girl held us up "messing around with her hair".  We then got stuck in traffic, mostly people dropping their children off at school.  They are supposed to start at 9am but they have to be in school by 8:50 and we didn't  make it until 8:52, I pointed out to them that as we were in the queue for the drop off point they could just get out and run the last 30 yards which he did but she prefers to moan. 

I now have the joy of picking them up to take them home this afternoon to look forward to.  Thank goodness that it is half term next week :classic_smile:

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

It sounds as if they are at that horrible age, which pretty all of them go through.  No doubt they will be lovely once they turn about 18 or 20  - mine did and the grandchildren. (And me, if I remember correctly).  My father said he was upset I got married and left home so soon after becoming nice again!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Another miserable wet day in store here.

I have taken the squabbling teenagers to school. The boy was moaning because the girl held us up "messing around with her hair".  We then got stuck in traffic, mostly people dropping their children off at school.  They are supposed to start at 9am but they have to be in school by 8:50 and we didn't  make it until 8:52, I pointed out to them that as we were in the queue for the drop off point they could just get out and run the last 30 yards which he did but she prefers to moan. 

I now have the joy of picking them up to take them home this afternoon to look forward to.  Thank goodness that it is half term next week :classic_smile:

The joys of teenagers!! Were we really like that do you think?

I have three grandchildren staying Saturday morning until Sunday teatime(12,10 & 6). Going to see Peter Pan pantomime in Blackpool Saturday night. It should be good, Boy George is Captain Hook. 
Then next Wednesday morning until Thursday teatime I have four grandchildren staying(15,12,10 & 6), just booked to go to Sandcastle Water Park Thursday morning.

Its raining here at the moment, a bit of a change from yesterday when it was wall to wall sunshine 

Michelle

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Not as good a game as Stoke City’s excellent victory over Leeds Utd I don’t suppose. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Not as good a game as Stoke City’s excellent victory over Leeds Utd I don’t suppose. 

We really need a “dislike” option on here alongside the standard “like”, “laugh” and “thanks” options! 😉

Congratulations on a deserved win.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have done Southampton to death so we are heading for Portsmouth for a day. Questions for those in the know:

Best safe place to park the car

Most interesting things to see

Restaurant recommendations for lunch

Any help appreciated, thanks.

17 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

We have done Southampton to death so we are heading for Portsmouth for a day. Questions for those in the know:

Best safe place to park the car

Most interesting things to see

Restaurant recommendations for lunch

Any help appreciated, thanks.

17 hours ago, brian1 said:

Gunwharf quays car park is as safe as any and on the front.The historical dockyard,spinnaker tower and loads of waterfront restaurants within easy reach.

I second what Brian has said. Gunwharf car park is great - one of those with little green or red lights to tell you which rows have spaces. Well positioned for the Historic Dockyard as long as you are fairly mobile and right by the Outlet Mall for the shops and Spinnaker Tower. Plenty of waterside restaurants in Gunwharf too.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1