P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have just received the news that we least wanted, my sister rang me to ask if we could keep the children when I pick them up from school this afternoon because my niece is in palliative care now at UHNM and the end is very near.  I have to find an excuse as to why they have to come to my house rather than go home.  Their dad has called the school to keep them appraised of the situation and to let them know that they won't be in tomorrow.

My sister has now gone to tell my B-i-L the bad news as he is also in palliative care in the same hospital with only a few weeks left.

So sorry to be reading this Josy, life can be so unfair. I don’t know what to say to make it any better

Michelle

• Like 6

So sorry for you and your family Josy. Life can sometimes seem so cruel to the best of people. I pray you can stay strong in your time of need so you can support the family, especially the younger and more fragile members. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have just received the news that we least wanted, my sister rang me to ask if we could keep the children when I pick them up from school this afternoon because my niece is in palliative care now at UHNM and the end is very near.  I have to find an excuse as to why they have to come to my house rather than go home.  Their dad has called the school to keep them appraised of the situation and to let them know that they won't be in tomorrow.

My sister has now gone to tell my B-i-L the bad news as he is also in palliative care in the same hospital with only a few weeks left.

Oh, Josy I am so sorry. I've no words to say, but had to say something!

Sending virtual hugs🤗🤗

• Like 6

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Wet and windy here, we did our usual Wed breakfast trip to Barnsley and picked up dinner from Aldi. I have now done one week after my op and walking freely with my pole, a bit slow but getting there, certainly better than expected.

I have a bit of an eclectic musical preference, I didn't really notice music until I was early teens and then it was whatever was on the radio at the time, I do like the Beatles and lots of 60's bands, my favourite era for music. I am a child of the 70's music wise and loved the rowdy toe tapping stuff of Slade even if they were rubbish spellers, my ears were always ringing with the dulcet tones of me mam shouting up "turn that bloody racket down". I have always been a Springsteen fan albeit not so keen on his new stuff and Queen is probably my favourite overall band.

Sounds like you're making a really good (and quick) recovery Phil. Just take care if you get any frosty pavements any time soon.

My all-time favourite band is also Queen. I first saw them at the much smaller Wembley Arena before they progressed to the larger stadiums. Once I'd heard Freddie's voice live I was totally hooked. I was so sad when he passed at such a young age. 

Keep well.  Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm so sorry to hear your very sad news Josy.

God bless you all.

Graham.

• Like 4

Dearest Josy

There are no words - just heartfelt sorrow for all of you.

Jane xx

• Like 3

Josy, no words. I’m so sorry.

Harry

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

No words Josy - they are never enough. Thoughts and prayers with your family x

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just got home from the hospital, I have lost the nearest thing I had to a daughter, my beautiful niece has past away.

We are so sorry Josy - words will probably seem hollow. Thoughts and prayers with you and your family.

Hugs across the internet tonight. 

• Like 10