P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just got home from the hospital, I have lost the nearest thing I had to a daughter, my beautiful niece has past away.

Condolences Josy. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just got home from the hospital, I have lost the nearest thing I had to a daughter, my beautiful niece has past away.

I’m so sorry to read this Josy, how heartbreaking for you all. Sending hugs xx

• Like 7

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  One if the hardest things last night was going with my sister to see her husband who is terminally ill in the same hospital with cancer and having to tell him that his daughter had passed away.

I will be cancelling our planned Ventura cruise today so  nice aft facing balcony will become available today.

We have several family things planned with DH's family over the next 2 weeks, one of which was arranged around our cruise because they wanted it to be a  rare occasion when everyone was available at the same time so yet again the best laid plans haven't worked out.  They all knew Sarah and how hard she has fought so I know that they will be as upset as my family.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 12

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  One if the hardest things last night was going with my sister to see her husband who is terminally ill in the same hospital with cancer and having to tell him that his daughter had passed away.

I will be cancelling our planned Ventura cruise today so  nice aft facing balcony will become available today.

We have several family things planned with DH's family over the next 2 weeks, one of which was arranged around our cruise because they wanted it to be a  rare occasion when everyone was available at the same time so yet again the best laid plans haven't worked out.  They all knew Sarah and how hard she has fought so I know that they will be as upset as my family.

Oh no, what an awful time for your sister. Unimaginable. She will need all the strength and love of those around her x

• Like 5

Oh good Lord Josy - that poor man. What dreadful news for you and your sister to have to deliver. I cannot imagine how hard that must have been.

I don't want to speak out of turn but can I just say - you must look after yourself too. You seem a very organised and pragmatic person but a lot the caring of your dear Sarah's children has fallen to you - and no doubt you've been happy to do it - but please give yourself some time to grieve as well. 

I wish you love and the strength to get through this hideous time.

Jane xx

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Oh good Lord Josy - that poor man. What dreadful news for you and your sister to have to deliver. I cannot imagine how hard that must have been.

I don't want to speak out of turn but can I just say - you must look after yourself too. You seem a very organised and pragmatic person but a lot the caring of your dear Sarah's children has fallen to you - and no doubt you've been happy to do it - but please give yourself some time to grieve as well. 

I wish you love and the strength to get through this hideous time.

Jane xx

Wise words Jane, it is easy to step up to the plate in these horrible times, but the stresses can take their own toll if you are not careful. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My sincerest condolences to you and your family Josy.

She is now at peace.

Avril

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1