P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I don't think they can quote until i have a diagnosis, hence the first batch of blood tests. It could be spinal, kidneys, thyroid, diabetes, vitamin deficiencies, bone marrow issues, blood supply problems, either arterial or veins etc etc etc.

I did have a nerve sheath issue in my arm when I was 20 and only now remember the consultant in Newcastle telling me it could surface in other parts of my body later and cause issues. He wanted me to return during the final student exams and said they will have to be good to diagnose that condition and most would think it was a tumour which it wasn't. I still have that lump in a much shrunken state.

My attitude to money will help as i consider money spent is gone anyway and would rather know the answer. i still have another 4 cruises booked for next year so i might get to see some whales after all.

Wishing you all the best Dave and hopefully the tests are good news for you.

It might be worth asking your TA or P&O if they could transfer your booking to a later date.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Not a good day so far. I have a problems with my fingers/hands and my diabetic nurse suggested I need to see a doctor so on Wednesday I filled in the practice e-consult form which promptly told me to contact the practice. A long phone wait and computer problem at their end resulted in a triage and an appointment at the Gillingham Community Health Hub at 9.am this morning. So I set of walking to the station at 7.30 this morning as no buses went anywhere near Gillingham Station. Pouring down but at least my waterproof works. A car then soaked me by driving through a large puddle at the top of Station Road. Got to the appointment 20 minutes early and the doctor arrived 10 minutes late.

The result is a battery of blood tests and maybe more and a referral to the orthopedic clinic which may take up to three months.

Apparently this means my travel insurance is no longer valid until I get a diagnosis and that means no cruise on Iona in mid January for which I have already paid. I have already paid the March cruise as well.

Fed Up

You are entitled to be fed up.

I had suggested you challenge it but then I read your second post.

Hope you get it sorted out quickly.

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Not a good day so far. I have a problems with my fingers/hands and my diabetic nurse suggested I need to see a doctor so on Wednesday I filled in the practice e-consult form which promptly told me to contact the practice. A long phone wait and computer problem at their end resulted in a triage and an appointment at the Gillingham Community Health Hub at 9.am this morning. So I set of walking to the station at 7.30 this morning as no buses went anywhere near Gillingham Station. Pouring down but at least my waterproof works. A car then soaked me by driving through a large puddle at the top of Station Road. Got to the appointment 20 minutes early and the doctor arrived 10 minutes late.

The result is a battery of blood tests and maybe more and a referral to the orthopedic clinic which may take up to three months.

Apparently this means my travel insurance is no longer valid until I get a diagnosis and that means no cruise on Iona in mid January for which I have already paid. I have already paid the March cruise as well.

Fed Up

Sorry to hear all that, Dave. I hope it all gets resolved quickly and fully so that you can get back into your normal cruising routine again soon.

Harry

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kalos said:

They have their moments ,a few months back Mrs K had a parcel due from 

Royal Fail (not a spelling error) signed for post .

She actually saw the post guy as she was working in our front garden walk by .

When she checked her phone their was a photo of the parcel in a wheelie bin showing 

it had been delivered .

Turns out to be a bin on next street with same door number where he had dumped it and had not even knocked on their door for a signature. 

Trying to get through to their office is a joke but eventually did . 

They said a full investigation would be held and they will get back to us,which never happened .

The times I have had to open the door and show them our Opt Out Junk Mail "card as 

they shove unwanted junk through the letter box .

Going on their form ,I sent off for a nice personalised Christmas card with chocolates for 

Mrs K . I chose 6 th Dec for delivery . The morning post came ,nothing but it did turn up at 6pm at night . Just as good I had not booked it on that day for a birthday treat for example .

That's why I booked the 6th knowing it was been delivered by Royal Fail .😑

I've been waiting for a parcel since Tuesday and was wondering where it was. With the RM we have always had a card popped through the post box to say where it had been left or if it had been taken back to the depot. Found it today by chance in our green bin (used for newsletters and envelopes etc). Had no idea it had been delivered ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Fed Up

As someone else has said - can't imagine how you are feeling and I'm not really sure what to say. Hoping it all works out well for you and gets sorted asap. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I've been waiting for a parcel since Tuesday and was wondering where it was. With the RM we have always had a card popped through the post box to say where it had been left or if it had been taken back to the depot. Found it today by chance in our green bin (used for newsletters and envelopes etc). Had no idea it had been delivered ....

And we've been trying to train RM staff to dump junk mail in the recycling g bin for years!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Yet again the Royal Fail should not do this on their website they even say that parcels 

should not be left in a rubbish bin . That's on their web site which reads ...

What is acceptable as a 'Safeplace'?

Your chosen Safeplace should be a secure, weatherproof area of the property, that is out of sight and easily accessible for us. Requests to place parcels in recycling bins are not considered as a Safeplace by Royal Mail.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13174

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Despite the inevitable denials from Royal Mail, who have quite a track record of out and out lies, this is probably true. I say that only because our postman, who I know and trust, told us that was happening a few days ago, quite by chance. I trust him - but I do not trust his employer.

Same happened last Christmas, although in the past couple of days we have had 2 Christmas Cards, other post including 2 magazines I subscribe to and a couple of parcels, so not sure whether it’s happening at my local sorting office or not. 

Not had chance to speak to postie yet as we get our post around 8.45am, and we are usually eating breakfast then. 

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Yet again the Royal Fail should not do this on their website they even say that parcels 

should not be left in a rubbish bin . That's on their web site which reads ...

What is acceptable as a 'Safeplace'?

Your chosen Safeplace should be a secure, weatherproof area of the property, that is out of sight and easily accessible for us. Requests to place parcels in recycling bins are not considered as a Safeplace by Royal Mail.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13174

Perhaps RM delivery person is ex-Yodel! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Just hope those that are awaiting hospital appointments, etc get their letter before their appointment!

All our notifications from the GP, clinics and hospitals now come by text, email or from and out-patients portal. When the RM gave up delivering during the last "industrial action" it seems that all of our medical contacts took steps to circumvent the RM to such an extent that, as far as our health is concerned, it now seems that the RM is irrelevant.

We feel sorry for the stamp collectors!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, twotravellersLondon said:

All our notifications from the GP, clinics and hospitals now come by text, email or from and out-patients portal. When the RM gave up delivering during the last "industrial action" it seems that all of our medical contacts took steps to circumvent the RM to such an extent that, as far as our health is concerned, it now seems that the RM is irrelevant.

We feel sorry for the stamp collectors!

DH gets his regular appointments electronically too.  I don't have any regular appointments but someone from the surgery called me last week to arrange an appointment to discuss my recent test results with the doctor in January and it is a telephone consultation at 4:20. 

I am happy to have a telephone appointment because it means I don't have to sit in a waiting room with people coughing and sneezing but I can imagine that some people would prefer a face to face appointment.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Out of 6 delivery days in the last week we had post on 5 of them, I am wondering therefore is this a local issue of understaffing in RM rather than a National one?

It will be London centric, anything  north of Watford ceases to be of interest to the media.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope everyone is well especially some of our regulars @SarahHben @emam who have not posted for a while.

Nice to see some nice cruise photos from@Purdey16 and @9265359.

Nice Christmas decorations @kalos.

Hello Graham, I haven't been on so much as don't currently have any cruises planned. I do occasionally check things out but haven't commented much. I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you name, but I don't normally check this thread. Glad to hear you are both well. We were at the Harvester last night for a lovely meal with our family. It was quieter than I had expected.

Take care both of you and all the best for the holidays.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It will be London centric, anything  north of Watford ceases to be of interest to the media.

Anything outside the realms of the chattering classes in the more exclusive parts of Islington ceases to be of interest to the media!

We're in the far South-West. We had a major incident less than half a mile down the road that closed rail lines, roads, stopped busses... for two days... lots of police... some still her three days later... not a murmur in the mainstream "media" that's content to rehash old stories about "snow-bombs" or anything else that the "media" imagine will scare folk so witless that they with jump at the "click-bait."

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, emam said:

Hello Graham, I haven't been on so much as don't currently have any cruises planned. I do occasionally check things out but haven't commented much. I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you name, but I don't normally check this thread. Glad to hear you are both well. We were at the Harvester last night for a lovely meal with our family. It was quieter than I had expected.

Take care both of you and all the best for the holidays.

We were at the harvester yesterday.  It seems we like the same things. Christmas spare ribs. Yum , yum.

• Like 1