P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I’m afraid I watch Strictly and I’m a Celebrity.

@Beckett I agree with what you say about the trolling of Layton - no one should have to put up with that.

I like Bobby but that is maybe because I remember seeing photos of him after his Mum Jade Goody died.

Am going to be watching all sorts of rubbish on tv this week as I have Covid (1st time).

• Like 9

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Farage did quite well. I thought he would go out fairly early.

I believe that a certain right wing party / company for which he is principal shareholder and a TV news channel for which he works both sent lots of emails to their supporters asking them to download the I’m a celebrity app and use the 5 free votes every night to keep Farage in. It doesn’t quite seem within the spirit of the programme, although I presume others had backing within social media groups.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

@Beckett I agree with what you say about the trolling of Layton - no one should have to put up with that.

I like Bobby but that is maybe because I remember seeing photos of him after his Mum Jade Goody died.

Am going to be watching all sorts of rubbish on tv this week as I have Covid (1st time).

Sorry to hear you have “you know what”. Hope your symptoms are mild and that you recover quickly 

Michelle

• Like 8

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well today.

A busy week for me this week, I am dreading it.

I have a follow up mammogram appointment this afternoon following my DCIS diagnosis earlier this year, hopefully everything will be ok.

We are moving house this week, packing is getting done tomorrow then they will leave us with the basics until we complete on Friday. I feel very un-prepared

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

until we complete on Friday. I feel very un-prepared

The week before a move is weird.  House in turmoil, paperwork, arranging things, but things get sorted in the end.

All the best for a low stress time, and good luck in your new home

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have a follow up mammogram appointment this afternoon following my DCIS diagnosis earlier this year, hopefully everything will be ok.

We are moving house this week, packing is getting done tomorrow then they will leave us with the basics until we complete on Friday. I feel very un-prepared

Michelle

Good luck for this afternoon and for your house moving later this week Michelle.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I'm sorry to hear you are unwell Gill.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

hello-arlo.gif

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I believe that a certain right wing party / company for which he is principal shareholder and a TV news channel for which he works both sent lots of emails to their supporters asking them to download the I’m a celebrity app and use the 5 free votes every night to keep Farage in. It doesn’t quite seem within the spirit of the programme, although I presume others had backing within social media groups.

I think that is the problem with a lot of this type of show.  The contestants are not really celebrities, if it was not for their social media presence no one would have heard of them.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Good luck with the mammogram results,  I hope that you get the all clear.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I didn't get any emails. Nor did I see any concerned campaigns on social media. We all love a good conspiracy theory.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We never watch Strictly either.

I remember back to when I lived at home. Mum watched come dancing. The world was monochrome back then, so the Ladies in their sequined gowns didn't register. I enjoyed strictly ballroom though.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

I hope it isn't too stressful (watching all that rubbish TV) and the covid soon passes .

Get well soon .🙂30f25564ab8063c538cc691c0cc0ccca.jpg.2059b157de772a3bcc240637beda7298.jpg

• Haha 12

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I didn't get any emails. Nor did I see any concerned campaigns on social media. We all love a good conspiracy theory.

Obviously neither of us are on their mailing lists. I don’t know for certain whether this is a conspiracy theory or not, but I heard it on a reputable radio news channel (not BBC) this morning.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’m thoroughly fed up with so-called ‘celebrities’ infesting every walk of life like cockroaches.

Is there a readily available celebricide? 

We had a baker in our village who thought he was famous but refused to tell us what for ?

All he would tell us was " It was on a knead to dough basis " 🙃

• Haha 15

59 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I think that is the problem with a lot of this type of show.  The contestants are not really celebrities, if it was not for their social media presence no one would have heard of them.

You’re probably right there! I hate any reality shows or so-called celebrity shows so I have no idea who most of the people mentioned in this thread are! I don’t even like celebrity versions of shows that I watch like Bake Off or Sewing Bee. The only exception was Celebrity Across the World because they had another family member with them and I didn’t really know who they were in the first place! 

• Like 4