P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning

Wednesday walk with the group today, so I shall have a very happy doggy

Hope that Ted will be fine, once he’s had his sleep and his bath.  A little bit of natural yoghurt or Yakult would probably help him build up his good gut bacteria again - though I know you should starve a sick/squitty pet for 24 hours

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm here, just back from the school run with a grumpy teenage girl and a teenage boy who is so laid back that he is horizontal, at least little Miss Grumpy will be happier this afternoon when I pick her up. 

I made this birthday card for my sister last night

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 16

30 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Michelle

I was wondering the same "where is everyone?". I've been up most of the night as my dear little Ted has a very upset tummy. Poor little soul wanted to go out numerous times between 2am and 5am so mummy has to accompany him as he's scared of the dark! He's sleeping soundly now so I guess he's evacuated all the necessary. What he doesn't realise is that he's going in the bath when he's fully awake then he'll sulk for a couple of hours.

I'm so pleased to hear your trades have all been so reliable - not something you hear much these days. I bet you can't wait until it's all done and dusted.

Your mum sounds amazing Michelle. That's admirable to still be living independently at 90. Good on her and long may it last.

Have a good day.  Jane xx

Oh poor Ted. There seems to be quite a bit of doggy squits about. Freddie has been fine, but several that we meet in the park have had similar issues in the last week or so. I hope he feels better soon.

Gill and Freddie x

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Fingers crossed Ted’s tummy will settle down today and that you both get a good nights sleep tonight.

Josy, the card you made is lovely, I am hopeless at anything like that 

Michelle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 8:54 AM, grapau27 said:

If you book a Royal Caribbean Junior Suite for a 7 night's cruise John you will get 14 loyalty points.

On 1/30/2024 at 9:03 AM, zap99 said:

Our problem is Graham, we are loyal to everyone. NCL had a few good deals last year. We will wait an see, but the Antham cruise to the Canaries is 12 nights.

I used to have loyalty cards,the one I had for Halfods was rubbish! 

Tried to scrape ice off the cars windscreen  but only managed  to  get  10% off using it 😟

Have good day everyone 😊

• Haha 13

A bit of nonsense this Wednesday morning!

We realised we have been eating quite a lot of runner beans lately so I thought I would try a slicer.  Found a small one  on Amazon.  Below some of the instructions on the packet...

1.   Don't put fragile things when it leaves high to the ground.

2.    Be stable  when placing something on it.

3.    Don't put high temperatured  things on nor be near be to stove.

4.    Don't damage the sink.

When we stopped laughing we figured out three of them but "Don't damage the sink!"??????😏😀🤣

• Haha 7

I hope this info will be of use to someone.

My wife, a type 2 diabetic, started on Victoza injections six months ago. She has lost eleven kilo since then, doesn't have insulin injections twice daily and feeling so much better mentally. She has been struggling to get Victoza recently because it is sold on private prescription for non diabetics to assist weight loss, going rate about £200 a month.

She saw an article on Diabetes UK which gave info of a similar drug, but in tablet form, called Rybelsus. She contacted her Diabetic Clinic and she is now on this newish drug. Informed my niece, also diabetic and she is now on the tablet. Her diabetic nurse told her everyone will be changed over to Rybelsus, which is readily available.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Michelle

I was wondering the same "where is everyone?". I've been up most of the night as my dear little Ted has a very upset tummy. Poor little soul wanted to go out numerous times between 2am and 5am so mummy has to accompany him as he's scared of the dark! He's sleeping soundly now so I guess he's evacuated all the necessary. What he doesn't realise is that he's going in the bath when he's fully awake then he'll sulk for a couple of hours.

I'm so pleased to hear your trades have all been so reliable - not something you hear much these days. I bet you can't wait until it's all done and dusted.

Your mum sounds amazing Michelle. That's admirable to still be living independently at 90. Good on her and long may it last.

Have a good day.  Jane xx

I'm sorry to hear Ted had an upset stomach all night Jane.

It is 6°C and very windy here.

We were at church this morning and afterwards our church warden gave Pauline  several names to write into the Church memorial book so I had a cup of tea with Father David and some of the congregation while she did this.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kalos said:

I used to have loyalty cards,the one I had for Halfods was rubbish! 

Tried to scrape ice off the cars windscreen  but only managed  to  get  10% off using it 😟

Have good day everyone 😊

DW is out for coffee with her friend...... "if I pay for the coffee I will get 2 beans. That means we get a free one next time"🤔.....I said....nothing.

• Haha 9

46 minutes ago, zap99 said:

DW is out for coffee with her friend...... "if I pay for the coffee I will get 2 beans. That means we get a free one next time"🤔.....I said....nothing.

Our local supermarket  sells coffee beans in packets  but you can get them in Cannes in France 🤔

• Haha 7

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Oh poor Ted. There seems to be quite a bit of doggy squits about. Freddie has been fine, but several that we meet in the park have had similar issues in the last week or so. I hope he feels better soon.

Gill and Freddie x

Thanks so much Gill. The invalid has been asleep for most of the day. Ted's problem is he's a gannet. He's always diving for something left on the ground when we go out walking - an old bit of KFC, half a Big Mac, anything will do! Even unwell he would still eat if I let him. The problem is people just throw their unwanted take-aways all over the place. I despair of the state of our high streets now. I hope Freddy stays well. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sorry to hear Ted had an upset stomach all night Jane.

It is 6°C and very windy here.

We were at church this morning and afterwards our church warden gave Pauline  several names to write into the Church memorial book so I had a cup of tea with Father David and some of the congregation while she did this.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

Graham xx

Thanks very much Graham. Ted has been asleep for most of the day. He's a bit more lively now but still below par. Mind you, he's a bit of a drama queen so he might be putting it on.

It sounds like you had a lovely morning. I hope Father David is well. Pauline must have beautiful writing if she writes in the Church Memorial Book. Does she do Calligraphy?  Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks so much Gill. The invalid has been asleep for most of the day. Ted's problem is he's a gannet. He's always diving for something left on the ground when we go out walking - an old bit of KFC, half a Big Mac, anything will do! Even unwell he would still eat if I let him. The problem is people just throw their unwanted take-aways all over the place. I despair of the state of our high streets now. I hope Freddy stays well. Jane xx

Poor boy

Could you think about a muzzle for walkies?  We know two dog-friends now who wear muzzles - a lab and a spaniel.  We were surprised when we first met them and said Surely you’re not fierce?  Their mums said Not at all, they’re big softies but they are terrible scavengers and both of them had ended up on a drip because they got so sick and dehydrated.  
So, it didn’t take very long at all for them to get used to being muzzled, and now everyone can relax and enjoy their walk

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I hope this info will be of use to someone.

My wife, a type 2 diabetic, started on Victoza injections six months ago. She has lost eleven kilo since then, doesn't have insulin injections twice daily and feeling so much better mentally. She has been struggling to get Victoza recently because it is sold on private prescription for non diabetics to assist weight loss, going rate about £200 a month.

She saw an article on Diabetes UK which gave info of a similar drug, but in tablet form, called Rybelsus. She contacted her Diabetic Clinic and she is now on this newish drug. Informed my niece, also diabetic and she is now on the tablet. Her diabetic nurse told her everyone will be changed over to Rybelsus, which is readily available.

I am a type 2 daibetic too and have been using the Victoza and Saxenda epipens. I have not received any Victoza pens for 8 weeks, luckily I have a reserve stock in the fridge. I mentioned Saxenda as a replacement on my Monday repeat prescription request and it resulted in a consultation with the practice nurse next Monday. Apparently the factories are running flat out and Victoza will not be available until 2025, plus Saxenda is now reserved for weight loss only.  A lady in the clinic last week has been buying off prescription, also for £200 per month. That is £100 per pen which contains 15 doses of 12mg.

Did not renew my travel insurance today as i am 7 weeks into a diagnosis of my hands problem.  I have had a consultation and lots of blood tests but attendance at the orthopedic clinic is delayed because of the backlog. Maybe in up to 3 months they said.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Poor boy

Could you think about a muzzle for walkies?  We know two dog-friends now who wear muzzles - a lab and a spaniel.  We were surprised when we first met them and said Surely you’re not fierce?  Their mums said Not at all, they’re big softies but they are terrible scavengers and both of them had ended up on a drip because they got so sick and dehydrated.  
So, it didn’t take very long at all for them to get used to being muzzled, and now everyone can relax and enjoy their walk

A muzzle is something I've got to think about seriously Eddie. Ted is part Spaniel and I think that's where the scavenger element comes into play. The trouble is he's so incredibly spoilt and I can't bear the thought of putting a muzzle on him - time to toughen up I think (me, not him) beccause I'd hate him to end up on a drip.  Jane xx

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks very much Graham. Ted has been asleep for most of the day. He's a bit more lively now but still below par. Mind you, he's a bit of a drama queen so he might be putting it on.

It sounds like you had a lovely morning. I hope Father David is well. Pauline must have beautiful writing if she writes in the Church Memorial Book. Does she do Calligraphy?  Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

Yes she does Calligraphy and uses fountain pens to put names into the church memorial book.

Graham xx

• Like 4

Just now, grapau27 said:

Thank you Jane.

Yes she does Calligraphy and uses fountain pens to put names into the church memorial book.

Graham xx

How lovely Graham. I bet the book is exquisite. Jane xx

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

A muzzle is something I've got to think about seriously Eddie. Ted is part Spaniel and I think that's where the scavenger element comes into play. The trouble is he's so incredibly spoilt and I can't bear the thought of putting a muzzle on him - time to toughen up I think (me, not him) beccause I'd hate him to end up on a drip.  Jane xx

Yes

I think it’s much more our problem than theirs

• Like 1

Just popped in to say hello folks. I have not had time to read everything so hope all is well (especially with those who were poorly).

Still basking in the sunshine which makes a lovely change from home. Walking many miles a day, enjoying good food and magnificent views. This is the life.

Stay well all.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have a couple of sturdy blue reusable coffee cups that some may recognise. Take them into the purveyor of coffee that gives a bean with every cup and you get two, not one. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm here, just back from the school run with a grumpy teenage girl and a teenage boy who is so laid back that he is horizontal, at least little Miss Grumpy will be happier this afternoon when I pick her up. 

I made this birthday card for my sister last night

Josy that card is beautiful you have a lot of talent, I go on line to get my husbands cards now and so does he, we try and find really different and personal ones for each other but he always out does me , one year he got a card made with all the words from our first dance at our wedding and when I opened it up it played the song 🥲🥲 it’s a very unusual song and I didn’t think anyone or anything would ever be able to produce something like that . I’m sure your sister is very proud of you 👏 

• Like 3

We are now into our third week here in Fuerteventura and still loving it. Albeit we don't do a lot the weather and walks are lovely, I even went for a paddle earlier in the week. We have a lovely long z shaped swimming pool at the complex which is heated. We went out for a ruby earlier and really enjoyed at the Masala Indian restaurant, another one we are likely to go back to.

DSCF0082.JPG

DSCF0076.JPG

DSCF0071.JPG

DSCF0070.JPG

DSCF0062.JPG

DSCF0056.JPG

DSCF0083.JPG

• Like 18