P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Not much pain thanks but the compression fracture of the  femur has left me with one leg shorter than the other and it’s giving me back ache. Still hoping to cruise in May even if I don’t get ashore much.

It's good to know that you're on the mend and great to be able to look forward to a cruise with the determination to make the best of things.

Very much hope that you enjoy the holiday.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Moving on from the NHS onto safer ground (topic wise )

We are hoping sometime next week to get a few days in a row dry enough 

to cut the grass,Next door but one had a go last night but was struggling 

cutting it and seemed upset .

Maybe he was just going through a rough patch 😉😄

I cut the front yesterday. Shortly after I finished the rain started.

Sumg of Woking.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter had the same problem last week. Phoned at 8am, 34th in the queue and was then told no appointments left for that day. However when she explained that the doctor had said he needed to review her new meds she put her on hold (possibly to check?) then came back with an appointment for that afternoon.

Avril

Surprised they didn't tell her to go th A&E. That's what our lot do.

• Like 1

On to happier things for me!  Just been notified of my beautiful new arrival.  Born this morning at 3.55am, a filly ex Miranda by Cracksman.  Her grandad is the mighty Frankel so she is a big tick on my bucket list.

cracksmanexmiranda-0324-1.thumb.jpg.6a92ca5f76c7582925582ce1ba7b93b5.jpg

• Like 22

28 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That's part of the problem (not enough staff to go around)

Mrs K took ill and after getting worse as the day went on I rang 111 and it was 

decided she needed an ambulance,which two hours later was struggling to get 

to us I rang them back and it was decided I could drive her there .

We arrived at A&E about 20:45 and to cut a long story short left going on for

7am next morning .

The staff were amazing but run off their feet with folk with minor things that 

should have gone to the Drs with but no they made use of the vending machines 

and brought all their mates to keep them company .

Meanwhile ambulances queued outside and some life threating cases were

rushed through .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 8

I have been to the hairdresser this morning so my hair is now cut ready for our holiday.  I then called in the big Tesco to get a few bits that we needed, that was a big mistake, I ended up buying things that weren't on my list because I don't know where anything is do ended up walking up and down all of the aisles so got tempted to buy other things.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been to the hairdresser this morning so my hair is now cut ready for our holiday.  I then called in the big Tesco to get a few bits that we needed, that was a big mistake, I ended up buying things that weren't on my list because I don't know where anything is do ended up walking up and down all of the aisles so got tempted to buy other things.

Best wishes for a nice relaxing holiday.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

I wondered if they kept some appointments back for such things. Our GPs do phone consultations until 6pm. Pre covid the surgery always had 'emergency appointment slots'.

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

On to happier things for me!  Just been notified of my beautiful new arrival.  Born this morning at 3.55am, a filly ex Miranda by Cracksman.  Her grandad is the mighty Frankel so she is a big tick on my bucket list.

cracksmanexmiranda-0324-1.thumb.jpg.6a92ca5f76c7582925582ce1ba7b93b5.jpg

I see Dutch Decoy is entered in the Lincoln on Saturday, is he expected to run and if so any indications on his chances?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I wondered if they kept some appointments back for such things. Our GPs do phone consultations until 6pm. Pre covid the surgery always had 'emergency appointment slots'.

Avril

It's OK when you get to see the Doctor. Getting to see one is fun. Fill in the online form ,submit it and wait and wait and...eventuality phone them 35 in queue....I didn't get an acknowledgement about our form....what form....the one I sent 4 hours ago..oh we haven't seen that..can you do it again ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

That's their plan..move stuff around so you need to wander around to find stuff. You knew where if was last week but head office thought marmalade was better near the beans, not the Jam.

Joust ( just ) like predictive thought I really wanted to say ...beater nervous beans..

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

I see Dutch Decoy is entered in the Lincoln on Saturday, is he expected to run and if so any indications on his chances?

Currently 50/50.  If the ground dries he runs, any more rain it's doubtful.  My last update was last night.  He's currently 20/1 which is considered will drop on the day, but again it is down to if the ground dries.  He's looking fine for an old boy, came back off his holidays carrying good condition and is full of beans.

Obviously everyone is in the same boat with the first official run of the season.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That's their plan..move stuff around so you need to wander around to find stuff

I went our supermarket and I asked one of the employees there where they kept the marmalade ? Last week it was near the baked beans.  

The worker said: "I'll see." and walked away.

I asked another employee and they also said: "I'll see." and also walked off .

In the end, got fed up waiting  but I managed to find it myself in Aisle C.🙃

• Haha 10

Had a phone call yesterday, reminding me of my opticians appointment for today and advising me to arrive 10-15 minutes beforehand. Arrived as requested and then sat for nearly half an hour waiting!

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Had a phone call yesterday, reminding me of my opticians appointment for today and advising me to arrive 10-15 minutes beforehand. Arrived as requested and then sat for nearly half an hour waiting!

Did they say " the optician can see you now "?.

• Haha 11

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

My optician sends out text messages confirming the time and asking not to arrive more than 5 minutes before the appointment time, so I park on Tesco carpark because it's free and then I have a slow stroll past the empty shops.  The good thing is that they keep to the appointment times give or take 5 minutes but it is a small practice with 1 full-time and one part-time optician. I first went 65 years ago and have seen the family who used to own it gradually die off and now it is still privately owned by the current full-time optician.

• Like 2

Well I spent almost 2 hours in opticians this morning and new glasses and sunglasses on the way and the bank is ££££ much lighter, afterwards been lugging wood from a cut down tree in our street for our daughters log fires , we got the best bits until others turned up in their cars as well , we got 3 car loads done and son in law going back tonight with the chainsaw has the others are to big , both daughters have about 3 years worth drying out in wood sheds rotating round ,it’s was a shame it came down because it was huge and so old and bit of a land mark .

• Like 6

The price of glasses and sunglasses are horrendous now, not much change from £1000 each if you are having having various coatings such as anti-glare and anti-scratch and having ultra thin lenses because your eyes are really bad and you don't want ones that look like jam jar bottoms.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Probably our last walk on the beach before 2 days of Italian bureaucracy.20240319_0927262184.thumb.jpg.cdf3479ac84e632e07f4ed2eb29d442b.jpg20240319_0927112183.thumb.jpg.bed0121a5d49948b786b45f7dc3147b3.jpg20240319_0926462182.thumb.jpg.5bec82f40ec395237d61612bf580518d.jpg

Good luck with it Brian. Have you got mixed feelings now it's all going through? Enjoy your last few days there. Jane xx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

It's OK when you get to see the Doctor. Getting to see one is fun. Fill in the online form ,submit it and wait and wait and...eventuality phone them 35 in queue....I didn't get an acknowledgement about our form....what form....the one I sent 4 hours ago..oh we haven't seen that..can you do it again ?

I think we must be really lucky at our surgery, I had an ear infection last week - I called for an appointment at 1.30pm, got to see the doctor at 3pm and collected my prescription at 3.40pm - now that's a great service. I was very impressed!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

The price of glasses and sunglasses are horrendous now, not much change from £1000 each if you are having having various coatings such as anti-glare and anti-scratch and having ultra thin lenses because your eyes are really bad and you don't want ones that look like jam jar bottoms.

I was looking for the shocked face emoji!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess the 'extras' add up a lot - my first prescription spex are just for driving, and with just an antiglare coating two pairs (one slightly tinted) was just over £100.  Needless to say they are not Designer ones.

• Like 2

My prescription for reading glasses has hardly changed in six years, but I needed to change my distance glasses. As I only wear them for driving I went for a cheap pair that react to the light, so they only set me back by just over £100. Pity my son no longer works for Boots as he could have got me a discount.

• Like 3

Evening all, so pleased to hear you have got the go ahead for your cruise @Josy1953 now go ahead and have a great time.

Another stressful day at work, not enough appointments to go round! Better not say anything else, too political!

Next Wednesday can’t come soon enough!

• Like 4