P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good luck with it Brian. Have you got mixed feelings now it's all going through? Enjoy your last few days there. Jane xx

Thanks Jane,a bit stressful organising paperwork and energy certs.Our friends are a bit laid back.I said did you tell your bank about a large transfer,er no,so a frantic phone call for them to do it in 2 tranches.Mixed fealings as you said but looking forward to a new chapter.Just a couple of bucket list cruises to do,Brian.

• Like 12

Hi all,

Hope you're all well.

Another sunny morning here. Yesterday was a lovely spring day with the temp reaching 14c.

Taking a train trip up to Plymouth shopping as need one or two bits for our cruise next week.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 9

Up and about sprightly this morning... light, light grey skies, 9˚C going up to 14˚C and little chance of rain... and welcome rays of sunshine... so, having also seen the forecast for tomorrow, best for us to appreciate today!

It's been an eclectic week so far... theatre twice... once for an evening with Rick Stein and last night John Bishop's show. Both were great in their different ways. We felt that with Rick we were some of the youngest there and with John Bishop... ermh! 

We're fans of fringe theatre and stand-up and have seen many of the "greats" over the years... in fact... 50 years ago we were totally captivated by a very young Scottish actor/comedian being wheeled in a pram onto the "stage" of the 100 "seater"  Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh's Grassmarket very, very late one night... this spark of brilliant comic power, pathos and captivating charisma... was... the then the unknown Robbie Coltrane. 

Then there was another bloke... a folk singer in the Student Union in Aberdeen doing a gig in the early 1970s... small audience... few dozen... he wasn't a great vocalist but he won the room over with his repartee and wise-cracks... he was the talent that the world would learn to love as Billy Connelly!

We would really rate John Bishop... somehow his theme of a 57 year old coping with a mid-life crisis was invigorating... especially as neither one of us will ever have to do that... again! (True what they say... look back and laugh!)

Today... off to our local vineyard for lunch. 🍷 🍷

Hope all are well and ready to make the most of the day.

• Like 16

Morning 8.c and overcast here this morning .

@brian1 Glad to see your getting sorted and taking great memories home with 

you . 

Soon you can look forward to your expensive cruise bucket list .

Mine is just a little pail in comparison to your bucket 🙃

Should imagine your cars annual mileage on your cars insurance quotes will

be a tad lower in future .🙂

Hope everyone has a good day .

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

A  calm day planned here.  I took the children to school, then went to the oatcake shop to get our last oatcakes before we go away.  The children are looking forward to tomorrow when they finish for the Easter break, my guess is that being teenagers they will spend most mornings in bed for the next 2 weeks unless my sister wakes them up when she goes round to take the dog for his walk.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, kalos said:

We are out and about and opted for a carvery sandwich, one beef,one turkey both with stuffing,roasts and gravy .

Very nice  it was  😋

20240321_124555.thumb.jpg.848d96d189f7b97c0fd6f6b91735268a.jpg

Looks lovely Kalos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning 8.c and overcast here this morning .

@brian1 Glad to see your getting sorted and taking great memories home with 

you . 

Soon you can look forward to your expensive cruise bucket list .

Mine is just a little pail in comparison to your bucket 🙃

Should imagine your cars annual mileage on your cars insurance quotes will

be a tad lower in future .🙂

Hope everyone has a good day .

LOL,it's only done 62000 in 8 years.Just 3000 round trip and hardly used when back.Notary done and dusted in 2 hrs.Just 200 euro cost for me to get a energy cert.Our friends paid 3000 euro for notary and taxes etc.Good game for me.Swapped all the energy and commune contracts to their name.Taking them out to dinner and setting off home tomorrow,cheers,Brian.

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,it's only done 62000 in 8 years.Just 3000 round trip and hardly used when back.Notary done and dusted in 2 hrs.Just 200 euro cost for me to get a energy cert.Our friends paid 3000 euro for notary and taxes etc.Good game for me.Swapped all the energy and commune contracts to their name.Taking them out to dinner and setting off home tomorrow,cheers,Brian.

Have a safe journey. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I'll miss those journeys and the photos you posted. Good luck with the trip back - I bet your car will be packed for that one.

Looking at the places you stopped on the way down made me think that I'd quite like another European touring holiday, so with that in mind, we went to view Motorhomes at the weekend, with a view to hiring one in Switzerland and visiting some of my old favourite places next year.  We're off to Germany (driving) in the summer and will take also take a look at those held at a large Hymer dealership we know as they are going to similar/same as those for hire in Switzerland.

When we were first married, and poor, we'd go camping in Switzerland and take along tins of M&S beef stew, chicken in white sauce etc so we didn't have to buy too much at Swiss prices! Then we progressed to eating in supermarket cafes and department stores in subsequent years 😁

• Like 10

On 3/20/2024 at 9:34 AM, twotravellersLondon said:

Brightish and pleasantish this morning,,, it is a wonderful time of the year when everything is springing back into life.

A stop on one of our favourite walks over the Surrey Hills with the trees in bud... just magical.. even on a day like today,

DSC_3263.thumb.jpeg.2b2a1321bac2d926fd71f639c7f90a9c.jpeg

Am I right in thinking this is looking at Tanners Hatch from Polesden Lacey? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I'll miss those journeys and the photos you posted. Good luck with the trip back - I bet your car will be packed for that one.

Looking at the places you stopped on the way down made me think that I'd quite like another European touring holiday, so with that in mind, we went to view Motorhomes at the weekend, with a view to hiring one in Switzerland and visiting some of my old favourite places next year.  We're off to Germany (driving) in the summer and will take also take a look at those held at a large Hymer dealership we know as they are going to similar/same as those for hire in Switzerland.

When we were first married, and poor, we'd go camping in Switzerland and take along tins of M&S beef stew, chicken in white sauce etc so we didn't have to buy too much at Swiss prices! Then we progressed to eating in supermarket cafes and department stores in subsequent years 😁

Thanks,we've stayed in Switzerland a few times but try and drive thru without stopping now as it's so expensive,lol.Car is loaded to the hilt but allowed 500 kgs  without us and fuel.I don't think we've got that much.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Another chapter closed but a exciting new one begins.

Have a safe journey home bro.

Sis

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

😊When I first saw this picture this afternoon I thought someone has made a chocolate Harry Kane for Easter 🤣🤣

When I first saw it I thought someone had malnutrition and they were ribs😏

• Haha 4

I was in the front garden this afternoon removing a few weeds, when the the was a cacophony of car horns and a screech of brakes at the end of the drive, the reason, the local idiot who frequently rides his electric scooter illegally along the street at probably close to maximum speed. He was weaving between cars going both ways and almost collided with the car that slammed the brakes on. The driver, young woman with a baby in the rear, took some time to recover, I checked that  she was OK, she said she was and only a had short distance to home. She was going to get her partner to download the dash-cam footage and send to the police.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Perfect identification... we often have a short break and a snack on that part of the walk.

That’s one of our regular walks - we were there on Monday. Our other favourite is around Denbies vineyard as it’s been much drier during this wet weather! 

@brian1 You will always have fond memories of your times there Brian but it's time to make some new memories now. I look forward to seeing some photos of you both on your next adventure. Safe journey home. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone,

Our run of sunny days has ended as it's raining.

Busy day again today. Firstly a trip up to Tesco, followed by a day of baking for my granddaughter's birthday party tomorrow.

@brian1 Have a safe journey home

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1