P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

@P&O SUE Another fall?

Sorrry if I’m stating the obvious, or suggesting something you’ve already explored, but have you discussed Mum’s medication with the doc or possibly pharmacist, as to whether she is taking anything which makes her unsteady on her feet?  If so, is there an alternative which might be better, or is it potentially better to do without whatever mitigation it brings, than to be falling on a regular basis?

I don’t like to butt in (I always say that there’s nothing easier than living other people’s lives) but I feel for you all - you, Mum, the home.  You are not in the calm situation you all want

• Like 5

Afternoon everyone,

After a damp start it's turned out to be a nice sunny day although a bit breezy.

Nothing interesting happening in my neck of the woods, but as we were  given a lot of apples decided to  made apple pies.

20240823_161938.jpg

• Like 12

38 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

@P&O SUE Another fall?

Sorrry if I’m stating the obvious, or suggesting something you’ve already explored, but have you discussed Mum’s medication with the doc or possibly pharmacist, as to whether she is taking anything which makes her unsteady on her feet?  If so, is there an alternative which might be better, or is it potentially better to do without whatever mitigation it brings, than to be falling on a regular basis?

I don’t like to butt in (I always say that there’s nothing easier than living other people’s lives) but I feel for you all - you, Mum, the home.  You are not in the calm situation you all want

It’s her Parkinson’s making her unsteady on her feet. She doesn’t help herself either -ie wheeling her walker to a couple of feet away and then reaching over. When she stayed with us I was constantly holding onto her waist. She’s very stubborn. There must be something in her Parkinson’s brain because if I did something and I hurt myself I make sure I don’t do that same thing again! 

To be honest if she just sat in a wheelchair and never moved she’d be ok but she’s not like that.

Here is a screen shot of my phone today - HeatherDale is the name of her Home!

IMG_1655.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I don't think so,just the support vehicles.As usual cyclists are a law unto themselves,that's gonna upset a few people,lol.

I think the cyclists are pretty safe going through speed cameras ,as not that many have

a Reg plate strapped to their rumps 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

I don't think so,just the support vehicles.As usual cyclists are a law unto themselves,that's gonna upset a few people,lol.

Absolutely. Driving home from work last week, three days seeing them with no lights, cycling down the wrong side of the road, cutting corners. It be our fault though if we crash into them. Apparently can be on a phone which is not breaking the law unless its careless.

Edited by carlanthony24
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Blimey LL,that was a baptism of fire.You can join my white van man club.

I couldn't do it now!  There was so little traffic then, although many people did own a car, I am not going back to the years when my Mum was a girl, with just one car in the village, which was the GP's. Just it seems to me it was mainly because there were so many fewer people, but maybe I have got it wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Absolutely. Driving home from work last week, three days seeing them with no lights, cycling down the wrong side of the road, cutting corners. It be our fault though if we crash into them.

Not all idiots are on two wheels. Only yesterday we were traveling on a 40mph road and 

a driver in front wanted to turn left . To his left is a deacceleration lane about 70 yds long,

he did not want to use that and stayed on the main road until he was about 3 ft off his 

turning with his left indicator on for about 80 yds, slowing all the traffic behind him down

to around 5mph . Not the first time either ,question is ,what the hell do they think these 

lanes are for ?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Absolutely. Driving home from work last week, three days seeing them with no lights, cycling down the wrong side of the road, cutting corners. It be our fault though if we crash into them. Apparently can be on a phone which is not breaking the law unless its careless.

Then the sods try and get you on the pavement when there's a bloody cycle lane right next to them.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, kalos said:

Not all idiots are on two wheels. Only yesterday we were traveling on a 40mph road and 

a driver in front wanted to turn left . To his left is a deacceleration lane about 70 yds long,

he did not want to use that and stayed on the main road until he was about 3 ft off his 

turning with his left indicator on for about 80 yds, slowing all the traffic behind him down

to around 5mph . Not the first time either ,question is ,what the hell do they think these 

lanes are for ?

That's an Italian habit,I nip in the slip lane and they suddenly turn right in front of me without indicating.

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

lanes are for ?

I agree but cyclists are just a law to themselves. I watch Cycling Mikey fair play to what he does but he doesn’t need to start tapping on windows, talking to them just for a reaction. We have a roundabout right lane if right only onto dual carriage left for straight on through a village. The amount that use the left and decide to cut you up is crazy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Always a good idea! Wine and tapas - lovely!

It’s just started raining here and Mum has had a little fall this morning! Not a great start to the day! John is working today and tomorrow but is off Monday when the weather is supposed to be dry so I’m hoping we can do something then.

Off to have my lunch now (salad wraps) then when John gets home we’re off to visit Mum.

Sorry to hear your mum has had a fall Sue, hope she is ok and recovers quickly.

Michelle

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear your mum has had a fall Sue, hope she is ok and recovers quickly.

Michelle

She does it at least three times a week! Normally they just say she’s gone down gently on her bottom or her knee.I get a call every time though which is draining! We visited this afternoon, she’s got a right bump on her forehead! She was annoyed they ‘bothered’ me by phoning so I told her to behave! But she won’t, she can’t seem to help herself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

We had a nice lunch then a visit to the beach.

IMG_20240824_111540.jpg

IMG_20240824_112016.jpg

IMG_20240824_135511.jpg

IMG_20240824_135841.jpg

Much better weather than here Graham, although the sun is out now. This afternoon the rain was quite heavy.

• Like 2

A lovely morning here, clear blue sky and sunshine but only 10°, hopefully it will warm up later.

We have nothing planned other than a bit of tidying up in the garden after yesterday's wind brought down some twigs and leaves.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 6

Morning everyone,

Rain overnight, for a change! Looking out our back windows it's partly sunny, but looking out of the back it looks as though we are in for more rain, perhaps it's just clearing away. We're in for another blustery day.

Got a Tesco delivery this morning and expecting my daughter to collect come and collect her dress that I've mended for her, so she can wear it on her cruise.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, purplesea said:

Afternoon everyone,

After a damp start it's turned out to be a nice sunny day although a bit breezy.

Nothing interesting happening in my neck of the woods, but as we were  given a lot of apples decided to  made apple pies.

20240823_161938.jpg

@purplesea  They look really lovely 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, kalos said:

lanes are for ?

I do feel for the safety of cyclists and electric scooterists . Dangerous place those roads. I guess that's why they go flying down the pavements and through the pedestrian area. Get out me way granny. Also if they stay on the roads it's much harder to sneak up behind people and nick their phones and bags. Poor old cyclists.

• Like 4

Morning all, not much going on here, John at work.

Got a full line of washing out, perfect conditions, sun and wind!

Mum has quite a bump on her forehead but seems ok, she’s tougher than she looks!

• Like 11

A lovely day here so far albeit rain is forecast. We had a lovely breakfast out with family for our eldest Grandsons birthday and a nice walk around Newmillerdam country park. At 10:00 this morning the place was heaving. I hope everyone enjoys what is left of the long weekend.

• Like 7

Nice lazy lunch out just now

Might be time for a few 💤.  I was sound asleep at 4am, when I heard a loud ring on the doorbell.  So -😱 -  wide awake.  And it was then that I remembered we don’t have a doorbell.  Dreams! Pah! 🙄24262182-9607-4ECF-87CF-26071BCD71EC.thumb.jpeg.76e98a14f59f8a89cc27f67726255212.jpeg

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4