P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just had the life frightened out of me!

Heard a bang that sounded as though it was on our conservatory window, but couldn't see anything. Got up and looked out and noticed it was raining, so went out to bring the washing in and next door said he had banged on the glass to let me know it was raining as I had washing on the line.

Sun's out again now.😒

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is windy here.

Just watched 

Saga Spirit of Adventure entering the River Tyne.

It is not due into Newcastle until 08.00am tomorrow.

IMG_20240825_135903.jpg

So that's how you lure the ships into the port of Tyne, the smell of a steak bake😉

We were out for our Sunday dinner again , no photo as it's the same as last weeks .

Now back to a lazy Sunday afternoon for us .

Hope your all having a good day .🙂.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, kalos said:

So that's how you lure the ships into the port of Tyne, the smell of a steak bake😉

We were out for our Sunday dinner again , no photo as it's the same as last weeks .

Off to Zizzi for dinner. I may take a picture of the meal.....I may also take a picture of the sign outside the Mclaren factory. They turn the lights on the sign to red when they win🏎

Edited by zap99
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

In Cornwall in the old days the wreckers used lights to lure the ships. Perhaps pasties or steak bakes may have worked better.🤣

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Just had the life frightened out of me!

Heard a bang that sounded as though it was on our conservatory window, but couldn't see anything. Got up and looked out and noticed it was raining, so went out to bring the washing in and next door said he had banged on the glass to let me know it was raining as I had washing on the line.

Sun's out again now.😒

Bet you thought it was Sid knocking for his lunch.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Nice lazy lunch out just now

Might be time for a few 💤.  I was sound asleep at 4am, when I heard a loud ring on the doorbell.  So -😱 -  wide awake.  And it was then that I remembered we don’t have a doorbell.  Dreams! Pah! 🙄24262182-9607-4ECF-87CF-26071BCD71EC.thumb.jpeg.76e98a14f59f8a89cc27f67726255212.jpeg

This looks fabulous Eddie.. just my 'cup of tea🫠' but where do you put the gravy

• Haha 1

Morning ,pitch black outside 13.c and looks to be dry .

Up early but I guess it's my own fault for agreeing with Mrs K to an early nights 

kip, 10:15 as she was tired . This has now thrown my body into "work mode "

but I'm retired and do not need to be up for 4am .😟

Never the less at around 3:30 my brain was wanting to have a chat with itself ,

one half wanting to go to sleep whilst the other half wanting to put the world to rights,, you know , things like "Do penguins have knee caps" and other important stuff 🙄

So that's me up and on 2nd mug of tea ,whilst Mrs K snoozes on regardless.

Nice and peaceful though  and I do like early hours of the day .

Hope you all enjoy your Bank Holiday Monday whatever your up to -Take care .😉

• Like 13

Good morning Eddie and kalos, and everyone else.  Looks like a blue sky here, and I have just had my mug of early morning tea so getting back into bed to finish yesterday's paper.

Well done Lando, and have a good day everyone.

• Like 10

Good morning early risers.  It is grey but dry here so I decided to put the washing out to dry but It is quite cold, only 13° so I'm not sure whether it will dry but I can hope. 

Have a good day wherever you are and whatever you have planned.

20240826_064007.thumb.jpg.4a334e0d9f19750c3445c58eb4d3c1e5.jpg

• Like 9

It's chilly here.  Been up for an age as my dear sister in law rang before dawn to tell me that Aurora had arrived and today's the day!  Apart from us the entire family are camped out in Southampton at Harbour Hotel, all twenty of them in various states of over excitement.  We have a boarding time of 1.15pm so not leaving from here until around 12.15.  Judging by all the excitement and noise I could hear at the hotel I'm glad we got the later boarding time!  I've visions of arriving onboard to find half of them in a sugar induced sense of hyper activity as I was informed at least three times my BIL could smell his favourite ice cream from the hotel and he was planning which flavours to go for first. 

The weather forecast is good - hurrah - so I'll pass on the ice cream and instead be looking forward to a nice champagne sailaway.

Hope everyone has a lovely relaxing Bank Holiday Monday and the reports of a nice sunny day come to fruition for you all.  

• Like 21

40 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

It's chilly here.  Been up for an age as my dear sister in law rang before dawn to tell me that Aurora had arrived and today's the day!  Apart from us the entire family are camped out in Southampton at Harbour Hotel, all twenty of them in various states of over excitement.  We have a boarding time of 1.15pm so not leaving from here until around 12.15.  Judging by all the excitement and noise I could hear at the hotel I'm glad we got the later boarding time!  I've visions of arriving onboard to find half of them in a sugar induced sense of hyper activity as I was informed at least three times my BIL could smell his favourite ice cream from the hotel and he was planning which flavours to go for first. 

The weather forecast is good - hurrah - so I'll pass on the ice cream and instead be looking forward to a nice champagne sailaway.

Hope everyone has a lovely relaxing Bank Holiday Monday and the reports of a nice sunny day come to fruition for you all.  

I hope you all have a fantastic cruise.

14°C and sunny here.

Nothing planned yet for today.

I hope all on here have a happy bank holiday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Have a great cruise and don't  damage Aurora, we are booked on her later this year .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

Have a good holiday. Keep an eye on the road traffic as it might get busy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

I feel as though I'm finally coming  of this funk that's been dogging me for weeks now, and all without the aid of the doctor and his happy pills. Thank you all for your support.

Well that's enough about me now back to the important stuff🙂

Penguins🐧🐧

They have knees, and so, yes kalos, they have knee caps.   Also  a femur, fibula and tibia. I hope that helps you sleep better tonight😁

Enjoy the rest of your Bank holiday everyone whatever you have planned, and wherever you are, on land or sea. 

I shall be in the garden, hopefully in the sunshine, with a coffee and my kindle.

Avril

• Like 22

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

A complete change of weather over the last hour, the grey cloud has cleared and left us with this 20240826_081954.thumb.jpg.72036db804a074ef8a2b23a55b624250.jpg

Guess where you're grey sky ended up!!!

If I knew how I would send it back.😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Penguins🐧🐧

They have knees, and so, yes kalos, they have knee caps.   Also  a femur, fibula and tibia. I hope that helps you sleep better tonight😁

Cheers Avril  (&Eddie)  I think I will sleep a lot better armed with that knowledge 🙂

Now I know all there is to know about penguins ,I can really appreciate not having 

my bum inches off the floor in all that icy snow . As a kid growing up I still  have 

flashbacks to getting in the sea at Skeggy .First my feet got a nasty chill as I entered

the water, then my knees and a bit further up .. Wow -Take my breath away .

So as you can see I would be crap at draggin my rump around the artic .

Thanks for your help and glad to see you back Avril .😃

• Like 7

Nice morning in sunny West Yorkshire. We had a drive to J32 for breakfast and a mooch round before the crowds arrived which they were doing before we left, haven't people got anything better to do😁.

A lovely couple decided to enjoy breakfast at a local restaurant, where the "Seniors' Special" offered two eggs, bacon, hash browns, and toast—all for just £4.99. 🍳🥓🍞
"Sounds perfect," the wife said, "but I don't want the eggs."
The waiter, with a serious tone, replied, "In that case, I'll have to charge you £5.49 because you're ordering a la carte."
The wife, surprised, asked, "So, I'd have to pay more for not getting the eggs?"
"YES!" the waiter confirmed.
With a sly smile, the wife decided, "Alright, I'll take the special."
"Great! How would you like your eggs?" the waiter asked.
"Raw and in the shell," she replied with a grin. 😏
She took those two eggs home and baked a cake! 🎂
Moral of the story: Don't mess with seniors—they've got experience on their side!  We've been around the block more than once!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 13