P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

20 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not looking good, is it.  We've known about this possibility, indeed likelihood, for several years - it's been very well trailed.  Unfortunately, though, as with Coronavirus, we've had a series of governments with their heads stuck firmly in the sand.

Exactly, we have been relying on old infrastructure and past investments for years.

Most of our newer plants are Gas Fired and now very expensive to run, last week they ran some old Coal Stations because of the Gas prices. Wind and Solar have a part to play but can never be used for base load.

We urgently need new Nuclear Stations has the remaining Coal ones will soon be closing.

Edited by Bloodaxe

6 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Exactly, we have been relying on old infrastructure and past investments for years.

Our our newer plants are Gas Fired and now very expensive to run, last week they ran some old Coal Stations because of the Gas prices. Wind and Solar have a part to play but can never be used for base load.

We urgently need new Nuclear Stations has the remaining Coal ones will soon be closing.

The last two remaining coal fired stations will be shut within the next twelve  months. 

Absolute nincompoopery when our power supplies are on a knife edge.

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The last two remaining coal fired stations will be shut within the next twelve  months. 

The last couple of years has given us a government of clarity, consistency, forward planning, integrity and trustworthiness. I have every confidence that this will continue, enhanced if anything by the recent Cabinet changes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I believe this problem goes back to the privatization of the Industry, there has been very little forward planning since then, just short term profit taking.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Hi all I’m in a bit of a panic, due to been so busy moving and I’ll parents we have forgotten to book our cruise parking tomorrow can I please have some ideas of you all CPS is fully booked and parking4cruises, so all the help please 😤😤

Others have said that West Quay car park, I think that's its name, the one used by Premier inn clients,  charges £5 per night.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Celebrity eh ? 

You won't want to be mingling with us poor P&O peasants any more then!

(I might be a tiny bit jealous !)

We quite like P&O, but not to the exclusion of good offer from others. Before being chucked off this forum for my treacherous behaviour, we do have 2 weeks on Iona booked for next October and today booked 2 weeks in Lanzarote with BA. Pick and mix.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We quite like P&O, but not to the exclusion of good offer from others. Before being chucked off this forum for my treacherous behaviour, we do have 2 weeks on Iona booked for next October and today booked 2 weeks in Lanzarote with BA. Pick and mix.🤣

I agree about "pick and mix". 

Playa Blanca ?

7 hours ago, kalos said:

Morning Jane I am pleased to hear the outcome was that creep got the sack and to 

me that is the best possible outcome .Also I am shocked to hear about the octopus 

on toast , I thought they belonged in the sea :classic_unsure: not on a slice of toast .

Take care and keep safe :classic_love:

I saw that on a menu in a restaurant near the coast. SICK SQUID. Not a chance 🤣

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I agree about "pick and mix". 

Playa Blanca ?

Melia, Costa Teguise. We have done playa Blanca to death, but may pop down to Rubicon Marina for a meal by the water and feed the mullet.

Edited by zap99

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Melia, Costa Teguise. We have done playa Blanca to death, but may pop down to Rubicon Marina for a meal by the water and feed the mullet.

Shame on you ! Not keen on CT,  but understand why you want a change. We always go self catering, and PB has an excellent choice of properties.  

Place in the Sun on Monday featured PB. Quite nice to see the resort again - it was Very quiet !

Edited by wowzz

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Shame on you !

Place in the Sun on Monday featured PB. Quite nice to see the resort again - it was Very quiet !

Funny old world. DW is watching it now. It's nice there, but we stayed in the H10 rubicon palace and I caught Norovirus. In the Volcon the food was as cold as the pool.🤣 

36 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you John but I just asked my daughter now if she could possibly take us in and pick us up , I’ve had some really bad news today about mum and can’t think straight, trying to find out what terminal I’m going from now 🤦‍♀️

So sorry to hear that Purdey. Are you still OK to go and if so will your daughter take you? Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Shame on you ! Not keen on CT,  but understand why you want a change. We always go self catering, and PB has an excellent choice of properties.  

I watched that on Monday. Love Playa Blanca, like you say it looked quiet. 
Michelle 

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Funny old world. DW is watching it now. It's nice there, but we stayed in the H10 rubicon palace and I caught Norovirus. In the Volcon the food was as cold as the pool.🤣 

We have stayed at Rubicon Palace, like the hotel but maybe a bit far out of centre for us. Like Lanzarote Princess, fairly central and easy for me as I need a mobility scooter to get around 

Michelle 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you John but I just asked my daughter now if she could possibly take us in and pick us up , I’ve had some really bad news today about mum and can’t think straight, trying to find out what terminal I’m going from now 🤦‍♀️

Hope all it sorted for you and you can find time to relax and gather your thoughts 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Very Early Morning Everyone.

It's 2.25am and I can't sleep so I'm  having a catch up on here and a good laugh at some of the posts.

Well I'm so hacked-off with NHS England. We were due to vaccinate all our immuno-suppressed and vulnerable patients this weekend but late on Monday they (NHSE) cancelled us. Apparently we (nationwide) now have to wait for more information from secondary care, specifically hospital consultants, in order to get a fuller picture of whrom they also recommend for a third vaccine. NHSE will then compile new lists of added-on diagnoses for us to search on. So Harry, your practice is right to wait for the searches after all. I've spent ages getting the weekend organised with vaccinators, volunteers, cleaning staff et al, and it's all for nothing. In the meanwhile,  Boris has has announced that the booster programme can go ahead from next week - err how?  Without notice to plan it's an impossibility. This is typical of the government - to make a big announcement without telling the people who have to deliver said big announcement! 

I have news - from MSC. I received a very full letter from them yesterday in which they informed me that, having viewed the cctv footage in the bar area where the incident took place, they agreed that there actually was an incident as I had described, and the perpetrator has now been sacked. By way of an apology, for his behavior, not the company's, they also offered me £1,000 - off a future cruise! So while that £1k voucher is unlikely to ever be used I was impressed with the tone of the letter and it's contents. I was never after compensation but justice for my grandaughter and all future young girls who crossed this man's path. So, overall I feel vindicated and glad I did the right thing by drawing the matter to their attention. I am so glad to be able to tell you guys this news because you really supported me when I told you the sordid tale - for which I thank you once again. Anyone want a £1k voucher for an MSC cruise?

It's now 3.10am so I think I'll have another coffee then go back to bed and listen to the radio.

Have a good day everyone. Be well and safe. Best wishes as always. Jane.xx

Fantastic news Jane that justice was served.

As they have admitted guilt why not email them and ask for a cheque instead?

Graham.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Beckett said:

So sorry to hear that Purdey. Are you still OK to go and if so will your daughter take you? Jane.x 

Thank you Jane one daughter is taking us and the other is going to pick us up so that bit is sorted now , my sister in-law is over from fuerteventura to attend to dad and go to hospital to see mum so fingers and toes crossed everything goes ok 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Sending you prayers 🙏 for your mam.

Take care.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Fantastic news Jane that justice was served.

As they have admitted guilt why not email them and ask for a cheque instead?

Graham.

Thank you very much Graham. It's very good news isn't it. They were however very clear that the responsibility did not rest with them, but with the perpetrator, who is now gone. It was not an admission of guilt by the company. The offer was specific in that it was neither a refundable or transferrable amount. The main thing is that, as you say, justice was served. I hope you are both well. Best wishes.  Jane.x 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Thank you Jane one daughter is taking us and the other is going to pick us up so that bit is sorted now , my sister in-law is over from fuerteventura to attend to dad and go to hospital to see mum so fingers and toes crossed everything goes ok 

Ah that's kind of them Purdey. It saves you the stress of driving too. I do hope everything is ok while you are away. Try to enjoy yourself. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Oh dear…. You have had such a stressful time. I hope you manage to really enjoy your much needed break away and enjoy having everything done for you……

Gill x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

Celebrity eh ? 

You won't want to be mingling with us poor P&O peasants any more then!

(I might be a tiny bit jealous !)

We sail with Celebrity too yet continue to chat with you peasants. 😁 😁😁

Love both lines - both have their own character ... and we miss both 😞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We sail with Celebrity too yet continue to chat with you peasants. 😁 😁😁

Love both lines - both have their own character ... and we miss both 😞

I love Celebrity too. We were supposed to be on Edge in Feb 22 but they changed the ship to Silhouette. We cancelled and booked Britannia instead. Food on Celebrity is great, they do the best french onion soup ever.

Hope we can sail with them in the future, would like to try Edge 

Michelle