P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

22 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Is it just me but is this website been playing up the last couple of days?

Yesterday when changing from threads or cruise line subjects it took varying times to load and for some reason kept disconnecting me from my wifi (no other website did this). Then today it took me 3 times to post a reply before it appeared.

I had a similar issue recently, no idea why, it just sorted itself out. I thought it was me at first, I'm a bit of a computer numpty, but no, it was gremlins.😊

Avril

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I had a similar issue recently, no idea why, it just sorted itself out. I thought it was me at first, I'm a bit of a computer numpty, but no, it was gremlins.😊

Avril

I keep finding that after finishing a post, I cant find the submit button, and my post seems  to have been slotted in above others.

5 hours ago, Host Sharon said:

OK - sent home from hospital as no icu nurses!!  Maybe next week - we'll see 😞

I am so sorry to read this. It is traumatic going into hospital for an operation and to be sent home and have to go through it all again. I really feel for you. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long.

• Like 2

Horrid day here weather wise, curtains closed already! Lots of rain.

Had my covid booster this morning, all very organised and I have a sore arm! Hopefully that will be the only side effect. So that’s a third Pfizer for me.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

We are off to Menorca on Friday. Car hire prices look quite high at the moment, so we will wait until we get there. There always seems to be a deal, or two locally. If not we won't bother.

Hope you have a great holiday in Minorca Zapp.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Had my covid booster this morning, all very organised and I have a sore arm! Hopefully that will be the only side effect. So that’s a third Pfizer for me.

Good news you have had your vaccine booster Sue.

Hopefully your sore arm is better in the morning.

Graham.

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good news you have had your vaccine booster Sue.

Hopefully your sore arm is better in the morning.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, still throbbing this morning but I’m ok!

Sorry to hear Presto has gone - and I agree where is Wowzz??

• Like 1

15 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

I hope you had no side effects Sue and great to hear you’ve had your booster.

What a very wet day it was yesterday. I think we had 9 hours of constantly heavy rain. Let’s hope today is better.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

What a very wet day it was yesterday. I think we had 9 hours of constantly heavy rain. Let’s hope today is better.

It's certainly started better here, sunshine and blue skies, and the forecast of a little light rain later in the afternoon. An excellent day for all you dog walkers.

• Like 3

It’s dull and raining again here unfortunately. We have had so much rain our pond is nearly overflowing!!! The fish will be swimming on the grass soon, hubby will have to take some out this morning.

Grandchildren still here, setting off home at lunchtime, so lovely to see them, growing so fast. We had all six of them here yesterday, the first time since the youngest was born in January 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Is it just me but is this website been playing up the last couple of days?

Yesterday when changing from threads or cruise line subjects it took varying times to load and for some reason kept disconnecting me from my wifi (no other website did this). Then today it took me 3 times to post a reply before it appeared.

Ive had problems staying logged on, posting, even 'liking' posts. I thought it was sorted a few days ago but then I couldn't get back on again properly. Only way I can guarentee it will behave itself is using the main computer rather than my phone.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

We drove home from Devon to Kent yesterday, torrential rain most of the way. The only advantage was only a 3 minute queue past Stonehenge instead of the usual 20 minutes, no one was stopping for a look because visibility was so bad 🙄

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

Ive had problems staying logged on, posting, even 'liking' posts. I thought it was sorted a few days ago but then I couldn't get back on again properly. Only way I can guarentee it will behave itself is using the main computer rather than my phone.

I get logged out and can't post or like on my phone but everything seems to be ok if I am using my Kindle or laptop. Obviously fussy/selective gremlins 😂

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Lots of people who use their iPads or iPhones have reported problems liking posts and not being able to post replies.  

It did seem to get better for a few days, but the problem seems to have returned. I'm on my laptop at the moment, as I can't use the board  on my iPad at present.

It does seem to help if you go into your iPad's settings to clear cookies in Safari for the cruise critic site. I've done this a few times, but have drawn a line, as I  don't want to keep tinkering with my device just to post a reply.

This is one of the reasons I'll be taking a back seat for a while, unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Lots of people who use their iPads or iPhones have reported problems liking posts and not being able to post replies.  

It did seem to get better for a few days, but the problem seems to have returned. I'm on my laptop at the moment, as I can't use the board  on my iPad at present.

It does seem to help if you go into your iPad's settings to clear cookies in Safari for the cruise critic site. I've done this a few times, but have drawn a line, as I  don't want to keep tinkering with my device just to post a reply.

This is one of the reasons I'll be taking a back seat for a while, unfortunately. 

Likewise. I think the people on the P&O forum are great - but I spend far less time here than elsewhere because it’s just too much hassle. And for too many reasons.

• Like 2