P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Billish said:

Flu vaccination clinic at our local surgery has now been cancelled for the second time.  Tried Boots - no joy. Rang Asda - no problem, got an appointment for Monday.  What is going on with the flu vaccine programme this year? 

Our September appointment was cancelled, but the doctor has now made another appointment for October 9th🤞 Strange that surgeries are struggling, yet pharmacies are getting the vaccine.

Avril

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Our September appointment was cancelled, but the doctor has now made another appointment for October 9th🤞 Strange that surgeries are struggling, yet pharmacies are getting the vaccine.

Avril

Our GP surgery vaccinated over 1000 people last weekend so they must have been lucky with supplies.We were on holiday so are due to have ours mid October

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

Pizza express gives me a free bottle of wine for my birthday.

Hotel Chocolat send a £5 voucher to use online or in the shop a few weeks before a birthday once signed in online.

Had covid booster and flu jag yesterday (NHS front line).

• Like 1

Petrol crisis seems to have disappeared here in the East Midlands. Passed three filling stations, all with fuel and no queues.  Tesco were having a delivery,  but had not run dry.

Perhaps some common sense is returning - hopefully those who filled up plastic drinking bottles will soon find out that petrol quickly eats through low grade plastic!

• Like 4

Good afternoon everyone hope all your days are going good and glad some of you have been to your hospital appointments to get things sorted out , weather been miserable down here too and cold , been very busy arranging funeral plans for next week and booking hotel rooms for family travelling down from Scotland and arranging dad’s flights and COVID certification to fly out to fuerteventura soon after funeral for a extended holiday at first with a view to staying out there for good with his daughter, bit of a shock to us really as we have been looking after them both for the past 25 years, but as she says it’s time for our rest now we’ve done a awful lot for them and she wants to take care of dad now , lots to sort out medical wise and to pack his flat up but we want to leave it for 3 months in case he doesn’t get on over there, ( I think he will ) 

anyway I was hoping to ask Wowzz a question about car hire , I know we used the same car hire last year and he went to Lanzarote and I to fuerteventura but can’t remember the name of the company because they were very reasonably priced , so Wowzz or anyone if you can remember the name I would very much appreciate it 

take care everyone 

• Like 2

Dropped some friends off at the railway station who are going on Queen Liz today.  On way back, first petrol station - no unleaded.  Next one massive queue causing back ups on the A13.

Went past it again an hour or so later after shopping.  Still the same.  Both BP and both 2 of the most expensive garages in the area.

40 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good afternoon everyone hope all your days are going good and glad some of you have been to your hospital appointments to get things sorted out , weather been miserable down here too and cold , been very busy arranging funeral plans for next week and booking hotel rooms for family travelling down from Scotland and arranging dad’s flights and COVID certification to fly out to fuerteventura soon after funeral for a extended holiday at first with a view to staying out there for good with his daughter, bit of a shock to us really as we have been looking after them both for the past 25 years, but as she says it’s time for our rest now we’ve done a awful lot for them and she wants to take care of dad now , lots to sort out medical wise and to pack his flat up but we want to leave it for 3 months in case he doesn’t get on over there, ( I think he will ) 

anyway I was hoping to ask Wowzz a question about car hire , I know we used the same car hire last year and he went to Lanzarote and I to fuerteventura but can’t remember the name of the company because they were very reasonably priced , so Wowzz or anyone if you can remember the name I would very much appreciate it 

take care everyone 

Was it CICAR by any chance? We’ve used them previously for car hire and they were very reasonable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am fed up of the weather today its like in out in out shake it all about do the garden hokey cokey here. Sun, cloud, heavy rain by tea time I'm thinking fog, ice and snow then North Norfolk will have had the full set. I have 10 metres left of the garden to plant and gravel but seem doomed to failure.

Had a trickle of petrol here for 2 days but now all gone again. Hope things start resolving on the shortage front soon.

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Dropped some friends off at the railway station who are going on Queen Liz today.  On way back, first petrol station - no unleaded.  Next one massive queue causing back ups on the A13.

Went past it again an hour or so later after shopping.  Still the same.  Both BP and both 2 of the most expensive garages in the area.

hope they don't go to Ocean terminal cos Cunard just changed it today to Mayflower

2 hours ago, Billish said:

Cicar, Cabera Medina, or Autoreisen.  

Can I just add that car hire prices have shot up in Lanza, and I guess most of the Canaries. Businesses sold off much of their fleets during the pandemic, to raise cash, but cannot replace them as new car production is down due to the microchip shortage.

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

hope they don't go to Ocean terminal cos Cunard just changed it today to Mayflower

They're great friends, who need their hands holding sometimes.  So I checked Marinetraffic prior to picking them up and told them.  Just got a message from them that they're on board having afternoon tea.  🙂

• Like 2

Nothing to do with cruising but what’s everyone doing for Christmas and since most have been around longer than me if I do a buffet for the family on Christmas Eve what would everyone suggest I make? I don’t want to poison them but don’t want lots of complicated things. 
Or we could take them to the pub but then we are looking at £200 for 10 of us including drinks and I’m not sure I want to spend that amount 

8 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,went out for dinner last night at the pub round the corner.It is an Ember Inn part of the Mitchell and Butler chain.Fantastic menu but sod all available.All the fish dishes and loads of others not there.The manager said they order stuff and the lorry turns up with loads missing.This supply chain crisis is serious.I'm dreading Christmas,my Octopus is looking more of a reality now.

I'll be making my preparations for Christmas early, as soon as things are available this month.  As it's just the two of us on Christmas day, we don't have to get that much anyway.  I've already got my turkey joint in the freezer. I saw the last one available in M&S a couple of weeks ago, so I snapped it up.

December is going to be carnage in the shops, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billish said:

Flu vaccination clinic at our local surgery has now been cancelled for the second time.  Tried Boots - no joy. Rang Asda - no problem, got an appointment for Monday.  What is going on with the flu vaccine programme this year? 

We both had our flu jabs booked for next Tuesday at Boots.

Boots rang my husband earlier this afternoon, to advise that his appointment is cancelled as they don't have the supplies of the over 65's vaccine. He's rebooked for 2nd November.  My appointment is still going ahead, as they have a stock of under 65's vaccine.

It seems strange that older, and therefore probably more vulnerable people have to wait longer for their vaccines. 

17 hours ago, zap99 said:

Pizza express gives me a free bottle of wine for my birthday.

Cafe Rouge used to give a free bottle of fizz for our birthday, they stopped it after a year or two - probably because the one they gave us once was selling at £37 on the menu!! 😱😂 it was rather nice though …

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It has been a miserable 10°C with intermittent rain showers here.

I booked another P&O cruise today so this has cheered us both up.

Take care and stay safe everyone😷

Graham.

Good for you Graham, I went a bit mad the other day and booked a short cruise on Britannia for next year 😊 We are already going on a two week on her later in the year! I’m a bit shocked John agreed to it!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

Hello all, I’ve been into the office today, I do not like leaving the house at 7am! However I did not get caught in a downpour either way (it’s a 35 min walk) so I’m pleased about that. Unfortunately I wore my less comfy boots as my lovely ‘fit flop’ ones are suede- like and I didn’t want to get them wet! As a result my heel is quite sore which is annoying! Hope it feels better in the morning. Got my covid booster tomorrow but no news about the flu jab though.

• Like 2