P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I have a large glass of wine to drinkers, I am hoping that it will help me to sleep.  I had a phone cal! this afternoon "inviting" me to go to the hospital tomorrow for a biopsy, just what I didn't need.

Hope all goes well Josy.

• Like 1

Just another thing about the petrol. My son drives for Sainsbury’s online delivery. He said they get petrol every day (at Hempstead Valley that Dave has mentioned) but it always runs out by lunchtime. He told me today that they all get petrol for their vans ( obviously they are going to prioritise them, it’s a Sainsbury’s petrol station) and one man yelled at his colleague ‘why is your job more important than mine’ Charming! If he or his elderly parents relied on online deliveries perhaps he wouldn’t be so rude!

• Like 8

Am still chilling after a late shift at work, should be in bed as start work again at 8.30 tomorrow morning, but after the telephone conversation with my consultant today I can't switch off! Had a routine MRI scan of my brain in July and results have picked up an area he wants to monitor. I t's been proved I'm not right in the head🤣  He wants to increase my routine scans from one yearly to three monthly. Told not to worry at this stage and not to get concerned. It's easy for him to say, but not so easy to do!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I have a large glass of wine to drinkers, I am hoping that it will help me to sleep.  I had a phone cal! this afternoon "inviting" me to go to the hospital tomorrow for a biopsy, just what I didn't need.

Good luck Josy. Sending a hug.

Gill x

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope all goes well Josy 

Michelle

• Like 1

Morning 

I am in beautiful but not so sunny North Devon at the moment. It took my husband several hours to find a petrol station with fuel the night before we left, but we made it.  Fortunately the local petrol station down here seems to be coping ok, limiting drivers to £30 of fuel, and we should manage to get home again 😊

There is another National shortage that is hit our holiday 😂 no flakes for ice creams anywhere!

My 18month old Grandson is loving Westward Ho! beach although he’s refusing to say ‘the sea’ and keeps calling it a big puddle! 🥴

This is the first time in ages I’ve been able to get on here & post with my iPhone, too many missed pages to read through. But thoughts go to Sharon, I hope all goes well, and the same to others with hospital appointments and those under the weather! I’ve missed reading everyone’s posts, hopefully my phone has got rid of it’s gremlins. 

C7E842E7-05CD-4074-BDA2-7BC34E96391B.jpeg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, purplesea said:

Am still chilling after a late shift at work, should be in bed as start work again at 8.30 tomorrow morning, but after the telephone conversation with my consultant today I can't switch off! Had a routine MRI scan of my brain in July and results have picked up an area he wants to monitor. I t's been proved I'm not right in the head🤣  He wants to increase my routine scans from one yearly to three monthly. Told not to worry at this stage and not to get concerned. It's easy for him to say, but not so easy to do!

It is so easy to say not to worry but for the patient it is not easy do.  I will be thinking and praying for you.

• Like 2

I know a lot of people do, but I just cant think of Christmas at this time of year.. its like wishing my life away somehow. I like to enjoy the moment when I can.

Went out today and saw that Dunelm have big posters out saying their Christmas stock is in, and M       and S have even bigger posters inviting us to order our Christmas food now.

I don't know what I want for breakfast or lunch yet, so chance of me ordering Christmas lunch yet!!!🙃🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, purplesea said:

I genuinely understand how stressful this will be for you, but it's better to be picked up and closely monitored than missed completely. Stay positive Purplesea.x

Avril

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The glass of wine worked last night, I have just checked my watch and it says that I slept for 9 hrs 38 mins which about 3 hours more than my usual 😃😃

Good news Josy. I hope it all goes well today. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I feel like death warmed over. Funny how a simple cold can make you feel so miserable, this too shall pass.

My OH has just walked past with the bed sheets and duvet cover to put them in the wash, he is a good soul.  It’s a lovely day here so they will dry on the line. So nice fresh bed made up ready for me to get back into and all I have to do is shower but right now I don’t even have the energy for that so will continue to slouth on the sofa for a bit.

Thanks for asking Avril.

How are things this morning?  Feeling a tad better I hope.

Mind you, looking at the weather today, you're better off tucked up in bed being waited on.😉

Avril

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good luck and very best wishes for today Josy. There are some invites that we wish hadn't happened aren't there. Thinking of you. Jane.xxxx

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

Never easy to do Purplesea. Most words said to put your mind at rest do exactly the opposite but they have to be said. Three-monthly checks will at least give them and you up-to-date reports on your condition. Wishing you all the very best. Jane. Xxx

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ccpm said:

Graham a breakfast of dreams. I love breakfast above all other meals. Having been a massive 35 stones at one point, dieted and then had a gastric bypass I am now just under 10 stones but 10 years post surgery I can just about manage a small Epicurean breakfast on a cruise and I enjoy it every day. My tiny tum has stretched and I now manage a small version of any meal but breakfast and especially at Epicurean is my greatest treat. This looks so good I wish I had been there

What a phenomenal achievement ccpm - and to be so tiny ten years post-surgery even more so. I am in awe! Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning 

I am in beautiful but not so sunny North Devon at the moment. It took my husband several hours to find a petrol station with fuel the night before we left, but we made it.  Fortunately the local petrol station down here seems to be coping ok, limiting drivers to £30 of fuel, and we should manage to get home again 😊

There is another National shortage that is hit our holiday 😂 no flakes for ice creams anywhere!

My 18month old Grandson is loving Westward Ho! beach although he’s refusing to say ‘the sea’ and keeps calling it a big puddle! 🥴

This is the first time in ages I’ve been able to get on here & post with my iPhone, too many missed pages to read through. But thoughts go to Sharon, I hope all goes well, and the same to others with hospital appointments and those under the weather! I’ve missed reading everyone’s posts, hopefully my phone has got rid of it’s gremlins. 

C7E842E7-05CD-4074-BDA2-7BC34E96391B.jpeg

I wondered if it was now you were away Sarah! Enjoy the rest of the holiday 😊

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I know a lot of people do, but I just cant think of Christmas at this time of year.. its like wishing my life away somehow. I like to enjoy the moment when I can.

Went out today and saw that Dunelm have big posters out saying their Christmas stock is in, and M       and S have even bigger posters inviting us to order our Christmas food now.

I don't know what I want for breakfast or lunch yet, so chance of me ordering Christmas lunch yet!!!🙃🤣

Same here, I knew it would be soon be Easter cos they are putting all the xmas stock on the shelves 🙄

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2021 at 11:30 AM, davecttr said:

Lovely sunny day but cold and there were HEAVY showers yesterday.

Made a trip to Hempstead Valley this morning. The petrol station is still closed. My Costa Club app now shows beans rather than money. Still to work out how to get the offered free drink.

Need to have a good think, should I pay the final balance for my January Iona cruise.

We had a free coffee yesterday after reaching 8 beans. email this morning tells me we now have 4  beans .All a bit confusing, but not as bad as Morrisons more points🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had a free coffee yesterday after reaching 8 beans. email this morning tells me we now have 4  beans .All a bit confusing, but not as bad as Morrisons more points🤣

I've currently got 7 beans. Next time we call at Costa, I'm hope one of our coffees will be free 

17 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Is anyone on here going on an international cruise in the next few weeks? Have you been asked that you need to provide proof of a 2 day PCR booking for after returning to the UK at the time of embarkation?

Nobody asked for the proof you had booked PCR ‘Day 2’ tests when Iona left last Saturday. 

And the check for the vaccination status was showing the piece of NHS piece of paper where they just compared the name on it with the passport and ticket, an completely insecure check compared to scanning the QR code printed on it. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I've currently got 7 beans. Next time we call at Costa, I'm hope one of our coffees will be free 

Nope, after you buy your 8th drink a take away cup will appear on the right, next time you want to buy a drink you have to click the offer and follow the destructions

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Only If you buy one drink to get to 8 beans then your next will be free. If you buy both drinks together the app will show a free drink plus one bean. The new system is much better for us than the old one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, picsa said:

Nobody asked for the proof you had booked PCR ‘Day 2’ tests when Iona left last Saturday. 

Thanks for the info. The Princess cruise that we are on next week has suddenly become an International cruise when they cancelled Cork and replaced with Le Havre. People are trying to get to grips with what this means for us and there is a lot of mis-information circulating, not helped by no official info from Princess.

• Like 1