P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The weather has changed regularly today with rain then sun.

We had a lovely 3 course Sunday lunch with Champagne today.

Graham.

IMG_20211003_123144.jpg

IMG_20211003_120612.jpg

Nice Lunch Graham. We went to pizza express in Woking . Gradually working our way through the new menu. No Champagne and no Prince Andrew ...again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just having a read through all the posts and catching up after having been at work all day. It was a quiet day at work and the weather has been a real mixture of sunshine, drizzle and heavy rain. We even had a bit of hail and thunder thrown in.

Chilling now with some wine after having cooked dinner, clearing up can wait until tomorrow!!

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Michelle.

I will post a photo if we do go tomorrow.

I hope you have had a fantastic weekend.

Graham.

We have Graham, lovely to have all our grandchildren together for the first time since the new addition in January this year.
We have another busy couple of days ahead, having new bathroom floor tiles so taking up the old ones tomorrow, hopefully new ones laid and finished by teatime Tuesday 

Michelle

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Peanut006 said:

We have Graham, lovely to have all our grandchildren together for the first time since the new addition in January this year.
We have another busy couple of days ahead, having new bathroom floor tiles so taking up the old ones tomorrow, hopefully new ones laid and finished by teatime Tuesday 

Michelle

I'm really pleased for you Michelle.

I bet you will be glad when your new bathroom tiles are laid on Tuesday.

Take care.

Graham.

We tend to avoid chain restaurants, with 2 exceptions Zizzi’s which my wife likes as it has good gluten free options, we had a few takeaways from then via Just Eat during the restrictions in the spring. The other exception is Cote Brasserie where we can enjoy some of our favourite French Dishes. 

Otherwise we will utilise local restaurants and pub restaurants that are locally owned and run, of which we have a few all providing good food. During lockdown we have rediscovered the joy of cooking for ourselves and are working our way through the plethora of cookery books we have on the bookshelf in our kitchen, adapting some of them as a gluten free option, so going out for meals is once again a treat rather than a regular occurrence. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We tend to avoid chain restaurants, with 2 exceptions Zizzi’s which my wife likes as it has good gluten free options, we had a few takeaways from then via Just Eat during the restrictions in the spring. The other exception is Cote Brasserie where we can enjoy some of our favourite French Dishes. 

Otherwise we will utilise local restaurants and pub restaurants that are locally owned and run, of which we have a few all providing good food. During lockdown we have rediscovered the joy of cooking for ourselves and are working our way through the plethora of cookery books we have on the bookshelf in our kitchen, adapting some of them as a gluten free option, so going out for meals is once again a treat rather than a regular occurrence. 

Us too. We frequent a couple of local family run pubs,  and like to support the local community. 

I have to say that as a bloke, I have been happily cooking meals for my wife and I for the last 40 years.

Graham's meal is obviously pre-prepared, no fresh veg, and bought in beef that is over cooked. I could do better for £10 !

Edited by Billish
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Billish said:

I have a sneaking suspicion that you mean 48F !

Do you know I have no idea what 48 deg f feels like now, I know 70 is warm and 80 too hot, but Celsius seems to have taken over completely.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do you know I have no idea what 48 deg f feels like now, I know 70 is warm and 80 too hot, but Celsius seems to have taken over completely.

Just under 9c.

I admit to switching between both. 

The two key numbers that i tend to rely on are 16c = 61f and 28c = 82f

Went to watch the new James Bond film last night in Leicester 

It was really excellent. Very different from a normal Bond film. 

Had a chain meal before but it's different to most chain restaurants

Turtle Bay - tasty Caribbean food and cocktails. 

Worth trying if you miss the Caribbean

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I should be spending today packing for our cruise that we have had to cancel so I am not in the best of moods 😡 

On the plus side it is a lovely morning here, blue skies with just wisps of cloud but only 48° C.

Same here Josy. I should be getting things sorted now for our months cruise  that should be on Saturday. We're going for our flu jabs instead, not much difference😏 On the plus side though, only 52 weeks until our cruise🤞

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It is 10°C and cloudy here this morning.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

I hope @kalos is okay as I have not seen his good humour posts for a while.

Graham.

I've been a little worried about Kalos for a couple of days too. I looked through other threads, but I can't find a post anywhere. Eglesbrech too, she wasn't well when she last posted, didn't reply to a post the following day when I asked how she was doing and no postings since.

Avril

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I've been a little worried about Kalos for a couple of days too. I looked through other threads, but I can't find a post anywhere. Eglesbrech too, she wasn't well when she last posted, didn't reply to a post the following day when I asked how she was doing and no postings since.

Avril

Let's hope they are both okay including Wowzz.

Graham.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I should be spending today packing for our cruise that we have had to cancel so I am not in the best of moods 😡 

On the plus side it is a lovely morning here, blue skies with just wisps of cloud but only 48° C.

How disappointing for you and obviously worrying for you as you wait the result of your biopsy.I do hope that the result is negative and that you can book another cruise soon.Take Care

• Like 2

It was a bit parky here first thing, 9oC when we went for breakfast at 08:15, a more pleasant 14oC now with sun. We had a nice week in Isle of Wight travelling around the island, they looked to be loading up Ventura when we passed on Saturday.

• Like 1