P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Of which over half are under 20 and unvaccinated.

The remainder suffer only minor symptoms, if any.

Yes, obviously there are those like Harry who have to be vigilant, but there is no need for a constant atmosphere of fear.

...and  so by the same token half are over 20 and vaccinated. Why you assume that there is a constant atmosphere of fear I don't know. Look around wowzz, where's the fear, nobody cares  enough to even be careful. I have my opinion and you have yours, so we'll leave it there.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise wowzz and take care😉

Avril

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Looks like it will be the mildest weather that I can remember on my birthday, up to 18c here.

I never went to school on my birthday as the 27th October was/is always in the autumn half term holiday, in England anyway.

I'm the 29th so I managed to avoid school most years too. Happy birthday to anyone who has a birthday in the next few days .. there are a lot:-)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Looks like it will be the mildest weather that I can remember on my birthday, up to 18c here.

I never went to school on my birthday as the 27th October was/is always in the autumn half term holiday, in England anyway.

Same here.

It was always nice being off school on my birthday.

Graham.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

...and  so by the same token half are over 20 and vaccinated. Why you assume that there is a constant atmosphere of fear I don't know. Look around wowzz, where's the fear, nobody cares  enough to even be careful. I have my opinion and you have yours, so we'll leave it there.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise wowzz and take care😉

Avril

Hi Avril.

We feel apprehensive when we go out and if anyone coughs or sneezes we turn around and walk in another direction.

The vaccine has given us more confidence to go out but I believe masks and social distancing in side should still be observed.

I know from personal experience what this virus is capable of and i fully understand your concerns.

Take care and stay safe 😷.

Graham.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Avril.

We feel apprehensive when we go out and if anyone coughs or sneezes we turn around and walk in another direction.

The vaccine has given us more confidence to go out but I believe masks and social distancing in side should still be observed.

I know from personal experience what this virus is capable of and i fully understand your concerns.

Graham.

We are on holiday over the border in England but we still wear our masks indoors as we do at home. It’s no bother at all and makes us feel safer anyway! And why don’t people without masks give you space when queuing to pay? You can be waiting for quite a few minutes and everyone seems to push forward. 

• Like 6

Just now, Ardennais said:

We are on holiday over the border in England but we still wear our masks indoors as we do at home. It’s no bother at all and makes us feel safer anyway! And why don’t people without masks give you space when queuing to pay? You can be waiting for quite a few minutes and everyone seems to push forward. 

On Sunday there was about 50 of us in Church and everyone wore a mask.

On umpteen occasions I have had to ask people to social distance from us in shops etc with some not to pleased to be asked.

Graham.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

> the total dose can be accumulated from many tiny doses,  so don't pass lots of people in a shopping isle

> apparently only one or two viral particles managing to infect cells and that's it.

Where does everyone get this misinformation from, from day one viral load has been the main factor, which is why NHS workers were so susceptible. Granted the Delta variant is more infectious, but we now have antibodies to more than compensate, so you need a higher viral load before you succumb to covid, and little bits won't have time to build up into big viral loads because your antibodies will have clobbered them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Where does everyone get this misinformation from, from day one viral load has been the main factor, which is why NHS workers were so susceptible. Granted the Delta variant is more infectious, but we now have antibodies to more than compensate, so you need a higher viral load before you succumb to covid, and little bits won't have time to build up into big viral loads because your antibodies will have clobbered them.

John, I think we are fighting a losing battle.

I will carry on my life without a mask as far as possible, knowing that many more diseases are far more lethal than Covid.

I'm certainly not going to turn around because someone sneezes !

32 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

UCL, Lancet, all you need to do is look it up yourself

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, wowzz said:

John, I think we are fighting a losing battle.

I will carry on my life without a mask as far as possible, knowing that many more diseases are far more lethal than Covid.

I'm certainly not going to turn around because someone sneezes !

Or, that any one is coffin!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I'm the 29th so I managed to avoid school most years too. Happy birthday to anyone who has a birthday in the next few days .. there are a lot:-)

Happy birthday to us on Friday Presto.I will be 69.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Avril.

Graham.

I agree Graham.In Italy restrictions are in place but a relatively normal life can be had.Masks in inside public places and green passes in restaurants and public transport are mandatory.Other than that no big deal and a normal social life can be had outside of home.A compromise has to be reached before it affects peoples mental health.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

On a happier note, ahead of my husband's 70th birthday tomorrow, we had afternoon tea at home 

12 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sending happy birthday wishes to your husband for tomorrow.

It is my birthday tomorrow too.

65🥺😷.

Graham.

12 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

And my birthday .................🎂🥂

Fast forward to today and its your birthdays  Happy Birthday  to you :classic_love::classic_smile:

images.png.2e13cffb438a80e3758159e35182bf41.png   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I agree Graham.In Italy restrictions are in place but a relatively normal life can be had.Masks in inside public places and green passes in restaurants and public transport are mandatory.Other than that no big deal and a normal social life can be had outside of home.A compromise has to be reached before it affects peoples mental health.

What is the situation in schools on Italy?

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

What is the situation in schools on Italy?

Just after we left we heard the schools in our commune were closed for a short period due to a spike in cases.A little more vaccine hesitancy in Italy no thanks to the EU scaremongering about AZ but they are getting there.

• Like 1

Good morning, and a very Happy Birthday to Graham, Splice the Main Brace and Dermotsgirl's husband. I hope you all have a enjoyable day, however you choose to celebrate. 🥂🎂🎁

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Happy birthday to everyone who will be a year older on Friday.

Presto, beware too many little bottles of premiere cru vintage Moldovan Pinot Grigio may not be in your best interests.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning bro. I hope your family are still only having mild symptons and doing ok. 

I agree with what you say, and two weeks after my second jab I was happy to try and resume a somewhat 'normal' life. Then came 'freedom day' ( what a misnomer that was),  masks and social distancing went out the window and I went back into my shell. My sense of self-preservation told me that sitting on a bus surrounded by non-mask wearing people for a minimum 20mins was not a good idea. 

Happy Birthday for Friday in case I forget😉

Sis

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning bro. I hope your family are still only having mild symptons and doing ok. 

I agree with what you say, and two weeks after my second jab I was happy to try and resume a somewhat 'normal' life. Then came 'freedom day' ( what a misnomer that was),  masks and social distancing went out the window and I went back into my shell. My sense of self-preservation told me that sitting on a bus surrounded by non-mask wearing people for a minimum 20mins was not a good idea. 

Happy Birthday for Friday in case I forget😉

Sis

Hi sis,family are still OK.That was my point,if simple rules were enforced,as I said no big deal,People who are immune compromised and people who are still nervous would venture out with more confidence.Personally I just go with the flow.I was doing the conga with 100 unmasked people at a wedding recently,but that's just me.Cheers,bro.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Happy birthday to everyone who will be a year older on Friday.

Presto, beware too many little bottles of premiere cru vintage Moldovan Pinot Grigio may not be in your best interests.

You've missed the excitement today... a crane has just been and lifted one of the vans from the front. How in this weather is beyond us as it is blowing a gale. 

Will try to be good re the Pinot on Friday but as there are 2 days left I can always make up for it before then ..

Happy Birthday Graham and anyone else who is celebrating today.

Did our usual breakfast run to Costa this morning, 17oC on our way home at, last Thursday it was 3oC, it is a degree warmer outside than it was inside, guess I need to open the windows😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2