P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

19 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

And the 36,000 are only the ones who have been tested - what's the real incidence?  Those who are non-symptomatic and unaware that they have been in contact with an infected person won't get tested - then some who are ill may not bother to be tested. 

Our rates shot up from <200 to over 1,000 in a week.  Probably outbreaks in schools/Uni but nevertheless there's more infection out there.  Granted we all make decisions we are comfortable with, but don't be deceived into thinking the infection isn't prevalent and especially those who are at greater risk need to be aware.  

Content source: National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Division of Viral Diseases

People release respiratory fluids during exhalation (e.g., quiet breathing, speaking, singing, exercise, coughing, sneezing) in the form of droplets across a spectrum of sizes.1-9 These droplets carry virus and transmit infection.

• The largest droplets settle out of the air rapidly, within seconds to minutes.
  • The smallest very fine droplets, and aerosol particles formed when these fine droplets rapidly dry, are small enough that they can remain suspended in the air for minutes to hours.

The ZOE app has daily figures estimated at 90,000+ Per day from their study of people using their app. 

ZOE is a Health Science Company who run the study in conjunction with Kings College London, my twin sisters take part as they have been part of a study of twins in the U.K. for the last 30 years. 

https://covid.joinzoe.com/data

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

OMG,what with the shops full of them,there must be 1000s left over.I don't mind pumpkin soup.

I seem to recall, not to long ago, folk warning of the pumpkin pickers panic. Now it seems there is a glut.🤣.

4 hours ago, P&amp;O SUE said:

That looks delicious! Did you have it delivered or made it yourself?

We just picked up the bits and pieces from M&S. We are in the Premium Club and they used to send my husband a birthday voucher for a pot of tea for two and a scone. Due to Covid they now send a £12 food voucher instead ,so we used the voucher for our afternoon tea at home.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I seem to recall, not to long ago, folk warning of the pumpkin pickers panic. Now it seems there is a glut.🤣.

That's the answer for the Christmas crisis.Pick your own sprouts.I'm drawing the line at kill your own turkey.

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Happy birthday to Graham and Splice the Mainbrace.

Here's my husband's birthday lunch.  It was lovely, but now very sleepy, as I don't drink at lunchtime normally 

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Looks nice as I really like that wine

• Like 1

Just been catching up again, as that seems to be what I do now on here now. I just don't know where time is going!!

Happy Birthday to all those with birthdays today and hope all of those with family and friends with covid are on the road to recovery, along with everyone else who is feeling under the weather for whatever reason.

Been out to the Alverton Manor Hotel, in Truro for afternoon tea with Mum, two of my daughters and my youngest grand daughter, so now feeling rather stuffed!

20211027_142238.jpg

20211027_142220.jpg

20211027_131515.jpg

20211027_132641.jpg

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Just been catching up again, as that seems to be what I do now on here now. I just don't know where time is going!!

Happy Birthday to all those with birthdays today and hope all of those with family and friends with covid are on the road to recovery, along with everyone else who is feeling under the weather for whatever reason.

Been out to the Alverton Manor Hotel, in Truro for afternoon tea with Mum, two of my daughters and my youngest grand daughter, so now feeling rather stuffed!

20211027_142238.jpg

20211027_142220.jpg

20211027_131515.jpg

20211027_132641.jpg

Looks like a nice place!

8 hours ago, Presto2 said:

You've missed the excitement today... a crane has just been and lifted one of the vans from the front. How in this weather is beyond us as it is blowing a gale. 

Will try to be good re the Pinot on Friday but as there are 2 days left I can always make up for it before then ..

It wasn’t yours was it? I’m surprised they had to crane it, perhaps they couldn’t tow it because the turning circle might be too small. I’m sure it won’t be long before the space is filled. 

29 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It wasn’t yours was it? I’m surprised they had to crane it, perhaps they couldn’t tow it because the turning circle might be too small. I’m sure it won’t be long before the space is filled. 

Of course not ... this caravan has been the best decision we've made in a long time. Have made a friend too ....  Charlie is lovely... ha ha

4th one down has gone that had no decking.  Think the only way out is up and out at the front because of the walls.

😀

9 hours ago, P&amp;O SUE said:

Hello all,

My Dad is having an angiogram today and if that reveals he needs a stent they will do it at the same time. Hopefully that will mean he will come home soon. I’ve had one myself so I know what it entails. The doctor said to him yesterday he sounded very calm about it! Not very happy about that, not very re-assuring! At the end of the day he is 84 so I don’t know if that makes it more dangerous. He phoned me this morning to say he’d been given an early breakfast so we’re hoping that means he’s one of the first, they couldn’t give us a time.

I’m not having my grandson today, thought it was just too much with my mum. My son is dropping off a picture Joshua has drawn for Grandpa later 😊.

Thanks again for everyone’s kind words.

Prayers 🙏 for your dad today Sue 

Graham.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Happy birthday to Graham and Splice the Mainbrace.

Here's my husband's birthday lunch.  It was lovely, but now very sleepy, as I don't drink at lunchtime normally 

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Thank you Dermotsgirl.

Happy birthday to your husband too.

Lovely meal.

Graham.

• Like 1

Dad had his angiogram ok. They didn’t put a stent in! They’re going to treat him with medication and the plan is to let him go home tomorrow!

This is good news but I worry how the two of them will cope at home, my mum needs a lot of support. I’ve said they can both stay with us for a bit but they want to be at home. We will see.

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, P&amp;O SUE said:

Dad had his angiogram ok. They didn’t put a stent in! They’re going to treat him with medication and the plan is to let him go home tomorrow!

This is good news but I worry how the two of them will cope at home, my mum needs a lot of support. I’ve said they can both stay with us for a bit but they want to be at home. We will see.

Wonderful news Sue, you and your Mum must be so relieved. I can understand them wanting to be in their own home, it's where they feel the most comfortable and content. I don't know how far away they will be, but is there some way you or some one can look in on them a couple of times a day.  I was in a similar situation with my parents but I was only 10 min walk away. I would take them some meals, did some cleaning, made sure they had their meds, took their washing to do at home and so on. They had my number with instructions to phone if they needed me day or night, it worked well. It depends on your own situation obviously, but I'm sure you'll find a solution, the main thing is, he will be home.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Very good news sue , and as Avril said they will probably feel happier in there own home but if you live close that’s ideal too so you can pop in every day to check up etc , I was fortunate to live only 5 mins in car to in-laws to help them out every day, but I’m very pleased for you that he will be coming home and no stents needed.

• Thanks 1

Pleased to hear your Dad is being allowed home, Sue. As others have said before me I am sure your parents will be happier and feel better in their own home. 

Rain is the order of the day for us and a temp of 15/16oC, do not cold just wet.

Have got to day off work again today and have arranged to go up Plymouth by train with my daughter and grand daughter. Just hope it doesn't rain too hard as it's a fair walk from the station down into town. I think I will be going back to work tomorrow for a rest after having two busy days off! 

Hope every enjoys their day and stays safe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, P&amp;O SUE said:

Great news Sue but make sure you look after yourself as well as taking care of your parents. 😘

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This morning I have my final appointment for the vaccine trial.  I never thought a year ago when the trials started that we would still be in the situation of having to take precautions against this virus every time we go out.

Have a good day and take care everyone.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Morning ,hope everyone is well today :classic_smile: Seemed like a few of you were having a

good time with your meals yesterday .Looking at Grahams meal with those trio of 

tasty pots ,you would get people who dab/dip at them but when it comes to fish & chips,

Sorry but out they come !  In the words of Marc Bolan .."Get it on " :classic_love: If ever there was

a meal that deserves covering in peas and gravy etc ,this is the one for me . Another one 

I liked was a fish shop that sold Chicken in white sauce ,I would have my fish & chips

with the peas or curry and the  Chicken in white sauce. Now and again I still get Mrs K 

to open a tin and on it goes ,it's magic :classic_love: With the colder weather looming  upon us I 

also like a home made fish cake from the chippie ..That's a round ball of herby heaven 

to me .All this talk of food is making me fancy a chippie meal, so I have just asked

Mrs K "any chance of one today ? :classic_unsure: The answer is ..No :classic_sad: But that is because today 

is the first in a long time ..pan of Beef Stew ,slow cooked ! Don't you just love cold

weather meals :classic_biggrin: 

I hope you all stay safe and enjoy your meals too ! Take Care :classic_love:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bright and sunny here. Out in the garden again as I have a man who is doing some work on the area where the oil tank will soon be gone. I've bitten the bullet and am going all electric. Our electrician is called My Wyer very apt, he recommended the landscaper as he prefers to be called. Once the tank is gone enter shed number 2 which will go back to back with the existing one and this is where I will store all the garden furniture I expended a lot of money on in May maybe April and which arrived late September thankyou John Lewis I will admire it in the shed for a further 9 months.

I have to go up to the doctors and owing to the Cromer trauma of the accident I am studying Holt plans to see how I can get there without touching the centre where I live. I won't lie it has really upset me. First for the couple that got hit but also for the poor lady who could not avoid hitting them. Happening where it did no better place for an accident but even still. As I drive locally we have signs with deer jumping out (believe me its real I have experienced it) but do we need some with pedestrians leaping out? I must say that I have also experienced this strange thing. You walk in narrow roads maybe you see others just wandering or you think its bound to be no cars. Well it isn't. Food for thought meanwhile I am worrying.