P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The scout hut in Dresden.  There were only 2 volunteers yesterday and only 2 scheduled again today.  It is run by the Pharmacy which is across the road. 

Things could change if there is a sudden rush of bookings lol.

That's a different one than we know I think ----- will check

My niece just sent this to me with a message saying that she instantly thought of me when she saw it.  I do enjoy the occasional glass of wine but I  can't  remember the last time that I had more than one glass, it was probably on the last cruise that we did in March 2020. 😇1739651398_Screenshot_20220206-194348_Instagram2.jpg.12b165c9d43f11c528abee088567f560.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Where is the one you know ?  In the south of the city we have Longton Fire Station and St Paul's Church also having vaccination clinics.

Will double check tomorrow and get back to you. 😉

Ironically we nearly went to Dresden as we work that end but chose to go to St James Newchapel as that is much closer to where we live (and we have friends there)

7 hours ago, purplesea said:

I have been missing from here since we got back last Saturaday as things have been a bit hectic. I received a text from my daughter on the way home saying that she had had covid while we were away. Also saying that she had aired the house but she still has a very faint line showing she was positive although her isolation period was up the following day.  We arrived home and my son informed us that he and his wife have got covid so have spent most of the last week doing meals on wheels and dog walking! 

We had a lovely time away although we didn't make it to Maderia because it was too windy to dock. I had my birthday while on board and was given some flowers by the mairte d. The weather realatively kind to us it rained on just one day (my birthday🙄) and had calm crossings on the Bay of Biscay, so calm that on the return journey we had fog and the horn blowing all night!

This all we saw of Maderia!

20220118_233444.jpg

20220125_091521.jpg

Sorry to hear your son and daughter have Covid but hopefully only mild effects.

Pleased you had a nice cruise.

Happy belated birthday.

Graham.

LTd57p4jc.gif.4f6e4b3cf21f6e5d5f0a1af0a833cad6.gif

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Woke up and checked the fence was still there, was rocking a lot yesterday, tied a rope around one of the posts and anchored into group, didn’t want it blowing across into my neighbours property onto their Volvo. Tomorrow it comes down along with the decking being taken up and the replacement going in. 

Spent half an hour yesterday relocating the patio furniture & planters to elsewhere in the garden for a few days, just the patio box left to move when it stops raining. 

A mix of rain and sleet today with gusty squalls, managed to move patio box in between them. Some of the old decking boards I am keeping to make a couple of raised beds which can hide a couple of old tree stumps that were covered in Ivy, I can fill them with flowers and/or veg this summer.

Had a present on the rubber mat outside this morning a dead mouse kindly left by my neighbours cat, think he is trying to get into my good books after I caught him use border as a toilet, so brought me this offering this morning. 😸

• Like 1

8 hours ago, indiana123 said:

I have been watching the Winter Olympics  where they go down on boards feet first, I think it's the Luge.  I wouldn't ever have done that for a million quid!

I'm almost sure I heard that one was 1/300ths of a second in front.   How on earth do they manage to record 300ths of a second!  My brain can't  process that at all😑🤥

OOOOOH!   I'm editing to say....I now think it may have been 3x100ths of a second.

Still sounds unbelievable to my brain!😂

My wife did about 20 years ago, had a cage around it for safety, she actually did it twice.

I would never do it, although I was driven round a forest rally circuit in Wales as 30th birthday present, that was scary.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 1

Morning all.

I have an impromptu week off childcare duties, daughter, son in law and almost certainly little grandson have Covid 😳 Son in law has been quite unwell over the weekend with a high fever, daughter is not too bad and the little one had a fever & sickness Thurs & Fri which they didn’t connect to Covid until they tested positive on Saturday. The cases aren’t connected but my sister and brother in law have tested positive too this weekend! 

• Like 1

Another lovely sunny day in Lanzagrote yesterday, there was a fairly stiff breeze and that was warm too. We had a walk up to Lidl to stock the fridge and cupboards yesterday. Mrs YP presented a very nice cheese salad for tea, we are trying out the Spanish cheeses, and the Rioja, when in Spain. We spent quite a few hours sunbathing by the pool and can actually see some colour on our skin, I hate the pasty white. We had a nice stroll through the old town and down to the harbour, we found a nice bar playing 70s music so stopped for a beer, and another beer. We got our timing wrong, if we had hung on an hour it would have been happy hour. We have sussed out a couple of restaurants that look promising. After tea on the balcony (its not dinner in Yorkshire) we walked the length of Puerto del Carmen strip, which we now know is a fair distance. We are getting settled in now and know where things are. This is our first ever self catering holiday and I think we are going to like it.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have an impromptu week off childcare duties, daughter, son in law and almost certainly little grandson have Covid 😳 Son in law has been quite unwell over the weekend w🤫ith a high fever, daughter is not too bad and the little one had a fever & sickness Thurs & Fri which they didn’t connect to Covid until they tested positive on Saturday. The cases aren’t connected but my sister and brother in law have tested positive too this weekend! 

I hope that they all get better quickly without the need of any medical assistance.🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is 3°C and a clear sky with frost on the car windscreen this morning in NE England.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

It is 4°C here but there is no frost on the cars outside.

I am waiting for my husband to finish getting ready to go shopping with me.  I have bribed him with the promise of an M&S ham & cheese toasty 😇😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Another lovely sunny day in Lanzagrote yesterday, there was a fairly stiff breeze and that was warm too. We had a walk up to Lidl to stock the fridge and cupboards yesterday. Mrs YP presented a very nice cheese salad for tea, we are trying out the Spanish cheeses, and the Rioja, when in Spain. We spent quite a few hours sunbathing by the pool and can actually see some colour on our skin, I hate the pasty white. We had a nice stroll through the old town and down to the harbour, we found a nice bar playing 70s music so stopped for a beer, and another beer. We got our timing wrong, if we had hung on an hour it would have been happy hour. We have sussed out a couple of restaurants that look promising. After tea on the balcony (its not dinner in Yorkshire) we walked the length of Puerto del Carmen strip, which we now know is a fair distance. We are getting settled in now and know where things are. This is our first ever self catering holiday and I think we are going to like it.

The walk along the coast to Puerto Calero is a nice stroll. Have a beer there, then get the water bus back ( or vice versa)

And walking past the airport is a must, with the obligatory beer at Aussies Bar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Very jealous. End of March for us. Enjoy your holiday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The walk along the coast to Puerto Calero is a nice stroll. Have a beer there, then get the water bus back ( or vice versa)

And walking past the airport is a must, with the obligatory beer at Aussies Bar.

There is a nice little English tea rooms back from the marina. Afternoon tea and scones, or beer at Aussies?. Tough call.🤣

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Playa Chica beach and the small bar/ restaurant is nice for lunch. If you like Spanish food, especially paella, the La Chalana (The flat boat) on Calle Teide is very good. If you want paella it has to be ordered the day before.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

I have an impromptu week off childcare duties, daughter, son in law and almost certainly little grandson have Covid 😳 Son in law has been quite unwell over the weekend with a high fever, daughter is not too bad and the little one had a fever & sickness Thurs & Fri which they didn’t connect to Covid until they tested positive on Saturday. The cases aren’t connected but my sister and brother in law have tested positive too this weekend! 

Oh bless them. My ‘daughter in law’ had it a couple of weeks ago but my son didn’t! It’s a funny old virus! They’ve been so careful and after all this time she finally succumbed. Grandson probably brought it home from nursery! 
Hope it’s a mild dose.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning all.

Prayers 🙏 for them all Sarah to only have mild symptoms and recover very quickly.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Playa Chica beach and the small bar/ restaurant is nice for lunch. If you like Spanish food, especially paella, the La Chalana (The flat boat) on Calle Teide is very good. If you want paella it has to be ordered the day before.

La Chalana is on FB and you can see the menu and order online.

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh bless them. My ‘daughter in law’ had it a couple of weeks ago but my son didn’t! It’s a funny old virus! They’ve been so careful and after all this time she finally succumbed. Grandson probably brought it home from nursery! 
Hope it’s a mild dose.

Thanks. I looked after Grandson on Friday before we realised it was likely to be Covid & we saw daughter a fair bit last week and had son-in-law in the car, so we're surprised everytime we get a negative lateral flow result. Little one doesnt go to nursery yet, but I do take him to a weekly library music/story session, of course toddlers dont wear maks so he  could have got it from there, shops, church etc. who knows.

• Like 3

We had just got back from shopping when the postman arrived with a lovely surprise for me from my sister, the message thanked me for the help and support that I have given to my niece, taking her for chemo sessions, looking after the children and doing the school runs.  I was totally happy to help knowing that my sister has more than enough to do looking after her husband who has terminal cancer.20220207_115440.thumb.jpg.53862a86648d63b5829dd0384647bfbb.jpg

• Like 13