P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone,

Hope everyone is feeling fit and well.

We are back to the dull, damp and misty drizzle with the temp in double figures at 10oC. On the plus side it's not windy.

Funnily enough I was wondering yesterday about Jane was.

I need to look a flights for September, somehow I have been left with the task of booking everyone's flights and given instruction of who wants to sit where🙄

Stay safe and take care.

Pam

A good time to sign up for plane companies emails.

Good discount codes sent to your emails.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Sounds like a fun day in store Pam. Good luck😉

Avril

Thank you. 

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

A good time to sign up for plane companies emails.

Good discount codes sent to your emails.

Graham.

We have no choice as it is only Easy Jet that fly from Gatwick.

• Like 1

Another hour spent on pre-cruise tasks.  I decided that I should try on my cruise clothes to be sure that I can still fit in to enough nice outfits for 12 evenings.  The problem now is deciding which ones to leave at home because nothing has shrunk despite spending 2 years stuck in the wardrobe. 

Most of my nice dresses are fairly fitted so I am stunned that I haven't put on too much weight after 2 years of doing less exercise than I would usually do .😇

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

OK. Just for a spot of amusement, who (outside Yorkshire) is having their pancakes with gravy tomorrow?  😇

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I am hoping that is a joke.

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

No, it’s common enough, but mainly in the north.

Well as a Yorkshireman I have to say I have never heard of that, jam and custard on Yorkshire pud I have heard of, but never tried it.

But pancakes have to be served with lemon juice and a sprinkling of sugar.

Edited by terrierjohn

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

OK. Just for a spot of amusement, who (outside Yorkshire) is having their pancakes with gravy tomorrow?  😇

Over a hour Harry and it seems to have shocked them posters into silence .:classic_unsure:

If we look at the basic batter for pancakes ,Yorkshire pud's and your fish batter they are the same .One goes into a pan ,one in the oven and the latter into a deep fat fryer . People think nothing of scoffing Yorkie's or a chippy meal with gravy ,so why not a pancake ? As a kid we would eat our pancakes with sugar sprinkled on them and later in the day with gravy .My mum used to like a squeeze of Jiff lemon on hers but I couldn't stand the stuff. It's all down to personal taste.

There are a lot of  food mixtures and some take us by surprise , like one of my mates , he loves cheese sarnies .I like cheese & onion or tomato but he has got a taste for cheese and jam :classic_ohmy: Each to their own I suppose!

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2

The Sony headphones that have traveled with me on all my cruises finally gave up yesterday when one of the earpieces broke. I have an old pair of Sony ones that I bought at a Carrefour in a France about 14 years ago dug them out for now for phone calls etc.

Now looking at wireless ones that I can use with my hearing aids in.

Looking at seeing whether I can power to the garage, which about 35m from back of house, as  we are considering installing a EV charger as thinking of switching at least one of our cars to fully electric later in the year. 

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

No, it’s common enough, but mainly in the north.

Hash and pancakes. Yorkshire puddings with gravy. 

Then there are sweet pancakes with golden syrup or lemon juice and sugar(my particular favourite)

Avril

• Like 1

As a Lancashire lass, only sugar and lemon on pancakes for me. I have tried chocolate spread but never again. 

Miserable day here with heavy rain forecast later. It will probably arrive just as I set out for the school run. It doesn’t bother the boys as once we have crossed at the school crossing they just run home. My running days are long over ( I do quite a quick march though).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

The Sony headphones that have traveled with me on all my cruises finally gave up yesterday when one of the earpieces broke. I have an old pair of Sony ones that I bought at a Carrefour in a France about 14 years ago dug them out for now for phone calls etc.

Now looking at wireless ones that I can use with my hearing aids in.

Looking at seeing whether I can power to the garage, which about 35m from back of house, as  we are considering installing a EV charger as thinking of switching at least one of our cars to fully electric later in the year. 

My hearing aids are NHS ones, but many now have blue tooth connectivity, which could do away with a need for separate headphones. Unfortunately I doubt that the NHS  will be including a blue tooth feature in theirs anytime soon.

Pancakes for savoury, crepes for sweet. I had crepes with caramel sauce and crushed nuts with ice cream last week at a Mexican restaurant. I also know a joke about crushed nuts but we won't go into that here.

Well it is blooming hot here today, I have had to come in off the balcony as it is burning me, there is a light wind too, so different from yesterday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Over a hour Harry and it seems to have shocked them posters into silence .:classic_unsure:

If we look at the basic batter for pancakes ,Yorkshire pud's and your fish batter they are the same .One goes into a pan ,one in the oven and the latter into a deep fat fryer . People think nothing of scoffing Yorkie's or a chippy meal with gravy ,so why not a pancake ? As a kid we would eat our pancakes with sugar sprinkled on them and later in the day with gravy .My mum used to like a squeeze of Jiff lemon on hers but I couldn't stand the stuff. It's all down to personal taste.

There are a lot of  food mixtures and some take us by surprise , like one of my mates , he loves cheese sarnies .I like cheese & onion or tomato but he has got a taste for cheese and jam :classic_ohmy: Each to their own I suppose!

Quite, Kalos - it's much the same batter.  We're just not used to eating pancakes with gravy!

This guy might be pretty well known in Yorkshire though:

Paul Hudson:  "Home made pancakes with mince gravy. How could anyone resist!!!"

• Like 3

Hi all,

Haven't been popping in for a few weeks. At the beginning of the month I took a couple of cruises. One from Portsmouth to Fishbourne and one from Fishbourne to Portsmouth 😂. Had a great 4 nights on the Isle of Wight and the weather was lovely - able to sit on my sea-facing balcony every day. Watched Arcadia sailing off for her refit one afternoon.

Good to see all is well with most of you.

• Like 16

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

My hearing aids are NHS ones, but many now have blue tooth connectivity, which could do away with a need for separate headphones. Unfortunately I doubt that the NHS  will be including a blue tooth feature in theirs anytime soon.

My NHS hearing aids have bluetooth!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Smoked salmon  and cream cheese for savoury pancakes.

Whipped cream and sliced strawberries for sweet ones are my favourite sweet filling.

The best pancakes I have ever had  were in 1513 creperie in Clermont-Ferrand, both savoury and sweet are fantastic.

Edited by Josy1953

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

No one in possession of working taste buds presumably.🤢

Crepe Suzette for me tomorrow (with blood orange gran mariner).

• Like 3

I’m originally from south yorks.
I’ve had pancakes before with mince stew gravy type dinner. Wasn’t a big fan. 
prefer lemon and sugar. 

reminds me I need to get stuff in to do them tomorrow but it will be husband cooking them as I just can’t make them at all. 
Also had jam on Yorkshire puddings. And curry with Yorkshire puddings but I prefer them with onion gravy.