P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Thanks to all of you for the heads up.

Looks as if all these 20% offers have the same conditions.

Same with All clear, but they are quite competitive and like many, will extract money from your card quite painlessly. 

• Like 1

The temperature has steadily risen all morning and is now up to 9c but breezy and light rain.

Wife has gone to Bridgemere (garden centre + outlet shops) for a mooch around ,apparently , but I wonder what she’ll come back with! I’m just doing some jobs around the house, I need to set up a new printer that we bought a few weeks ago but after being confident with tech I’ve become a bit of a technophobe lately and concerned that I’ll do something wrong.

We’ve started to take some Christmas decs down, the forecast is currently showing a dry day tomorrow so I’ll probably bring the outside lights in then.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Wife has gone to Bridgemere (garden centre + outlet shops) for a mooch around ,

I don't like it when they start mooching ! No good ever comes of it .

They come in all excited saying thigs like " You will never guess how much money I have saved us today"  .. "This should have been £100 and I got it for £40 "

So to summarize ,this mooching has cost £40 and all you have to show  for it is your now the

proud of possibly a musical trowel or other such wonderous goodies . 😉

• Haha 13

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

I don't like it when they start mooching ! No good ever comes of it .

They come in all excited saying thigs like " You will never guess how much money I have saved us today"  .. "This should have been £100 and I got it for £40 "

So to summarize ,this mooching has cost £40 and all you have to show  for it is your now the

proud of possibly a musical trowel or other such wonderous goodies . 😉

I’ll let you know what she comes back with! We still use the catchphrase from the Fast Show some years ago when we come back with something not planned, we say “better than that” like the husband did when coming back from shopping with things not on the list his wife had given him 😊

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I’ll let you know what she comes back with! We still use the catchphrase from the Fast Show some years ago when we come back with something not planned, we say “better than that” like the husband did when coming back from shopping with things not on the list his wife had given him 😊

Seem to have got off lightly. 3 half price tree decorations for £7 total, oh and a local bottle of ale for me 🍺

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

The temperature has steadily risen all morning and is now up to 9c but breezy and light rain.

Wife has gone to Bridgemere (garden centre + outlet shops) for a mooch around ,apparently , but I wonder what she’ll come back with! =

Didn't realise you were close to us 🙂  The last time we looked there wasn't much there at all so you may be ok .... Mr Presto2 has his fingers crossed for you and feels your pain

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Maybe if they wore a dickie bow with it😊 it’s what the upper crust would wear.

When their underwear range comes out there's gonna be a pocket for ones sausage.

• Haha 14

9 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

See... even when on a lovely mooch, with all the luxurious goods on offer she thought of you.

How romantic is that!!  🥰😍xx

I'm drinking the ale now while watching the latest Downton film that we recorded a few days ago, my wife is having a cup of tea (she's doing dry January!), I'm doing cut down a bit January 

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Haha 5

Well decorations all down, apart from outside lights as it’s raining, all back in loft until next year. However looking around loft, think we need to make 2023 the tear we clear out unwanted stuff up there, half the loft is boarded but there is little room left, think need to get someone to do the rest or at least part of it, so I can move things around and keep things in a more ordered manner. There are 9 suitcases and 2 large hold-alls up there, a few have not been used for years, plus duvets and pillows in vacuum bags,, an old artificial Christmas Tree we haven’t used for about 15 years, the list goes on. 

Mind you I said this last year, went up in early summer, found it was too hot, so nothing more happened, this year needs to be different, so come the spring will make a start. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thanks, I have a glass door leading directly from the living room to the cold porch with double glazed front door. I had never heard of a thermal door curtain.

Had the normal repeat prescription chaos. Boots received the electronic request from the GP on the 20th but somehow forgot to text me that it was ready to collect. I was down to my last staying alive pill.

With 5 P&O cruises booked for this year the task for tomorrow is to obtain an annual multi trip policy. Europe only but 72 with medical issues.

Regarding travel insurance - long story short(ish) I had cover with Staysure for a couple of years and thought it had been renewed automatically but in actual fact inadvertently cruised in November without cover!  They had increased the amount for the renewal (of course) but then wouldn’t give me the renewal price but wanted another £250 or so because it was a “new” quote.  I got cover for a good price from Just Travel Cover (from a comparison site I think) but of course don’t know what they’d be like if I have to make a claim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Not far from us either. Could even be considered to be a suburb on the fringe of Stoke on Trent. 😉😎

We definitely need to organise a CC Get Together for anyone near to SOT in 2023 ... it would be great for everyone to meet up (and anyone who needs to travel could come too 🙂 )

• Like 4

After a lovely, sunny day for the drive home yesterday, today has been thoroughly wet and miserable. Stayed in sorting everything out after all my travels. Got the cases back in the loft for the first time in ages.

Had 4 Christmas Cards delivered in today's post, including one from P&O with my first Calendar from them! One card was postmarked 6th Dec and another 12th Dec!!