P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

Renewed mine too. I wonder how long it will take?

Our passports expired in August 2020 and we didn’t bother to renew as we weren’t going anywhere! 
We completed the renewal online last month and were pleasantly surprised with the speedy and efficient service. Emails/texts informed us of progress and both the new passports and our cancelled old ones were received back in 8 days.

• Like 3

Very frosty this morning but a sunny day. We went for a drive to Herne Bay, it was sunny all the way, then as we reached the seafront it was misty! The sea was so calm. We had a walk but got quite cold so went into a chippy that had a sit down area. We warmed up nicely and the sun had come out, so we had another walk.

before and after photos 😆

BA659CC6-CC24-4DC0-BA17-0463B6689881.jpeg

D2C59343-AF9F-4BA8-A059-B4B86608E6BB.jpeg

• Like 16

On 2/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, Beckett said:

I didn't know that Sue but I bet they are a great pairing. I think Kai is a really fab dancer. Gorka is too but I went off him a bit after his reaction when Hamza won Strictly. I find him (Gorka) a bit up his own arabesque these days.  Jane xx

I agree, I like Kai, I was gutted he and AJ missed the final last year.

I think Gorka was just disappointed in the moment, he did congratulate them though. Interesting his tour is with Karen, I didn’t realise they got on so well.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I agree, I like Kai, I was gutted he and AJ missed the final last year.

I think Gorka was just disappointed in the moment, he did congratulate them though. Interesting his tour is with Karen, I didn’t realise they got on so well.

I'm sure the fat fee they'll receive will encourage them to get on very well Sue! Actually I saw a bit of their tour on BBC breakfast yesterday and it looks quite unique with flames etc. Karen is a great dancer too - incredibly strong.

Love your photos Sue - the 'after' one especially looks like a Spring day. Enjoy the rest of your week.

Best wishes. Jane.xx

• Thanks 1

Good Morning everyone,

It's very quiet here again today.

Hope you are all fit and well.

After a few lovely sunny days it's now dull and damp, typical as I have to go up to Truro for an MRI, at least it is not freezing cold. 

Have a good day.

Pam 

• Like 6

Pam - at least you are not wasting a lovely day on having to go for your scan!  Hope it goes well, and is not a very long one.

It is lovely and sunny here in Lincs., and not quite as cold during the night.  The birds are looking for their food, and I must fill their feeders as the tits are beginning to have a look into my nest boxes which are well placed not too near the feeders.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A beautiful morning here too. It's lovely to wake up to the birds singing. Not too warm yet, but it was nice to sit (in a fleece) on the bench with my morning coffee, feel the sun on my face and watch the lady blackbird playing tug-of-war with a worm on the lawn. 

@purpleseaI hope all goes well with the scan for you today Pam, and I'm sure the sun will be back with you tomorrow.

@P&O SUELovely photos Sue, the sea looks amazing. I'm pleased you're both having a lovely relaxing break together and to hear your Mum is out of hospital and improving.

Have a good day everyone. x

Avril

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all, dull here but dry.

My hairdresser comes to my house so I’m just waiting for her to arrive which should be in about 5 minutes. John is at a garage having two new tyres fitted -sounds expensive!

Have a good day all.

• Like 4

Good morning all.  Good luck with your scan this morning Pam.

It is a lovely sunny day albeit a little cold here. 

I went out for a walk down to the oatcake shop so just over 8000 steps completed already today.  I bumped into our local councillor who is out delivering his latest news letter so stopped for a chat.  I was taking off my coat when another councillor knocked to deliver another copy of the same leaflet and get a cup of coffee ( she is my niece's friend ), I think think that this may be the start of the local council election campaign.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Two quotes back for removing old lawn (more moss than grass after last summer) laying new lawn install stepping stone path and repairing steps between bottom & top lawn, difference of £500 between the two. 

The first quote said if I pay cash then no VAT would be charged, not a very good advert for a business in promoting tax evasion, plus so many spelling mistakes in email, makes me wonder about quality of work despite the reasonable reviews. 

Second quote is from someone I have used before, albeit for a smaller job. I asked 5 local businesses to quote, besides these 2, one advised they were fully booked until July, the other 2 never bothered to reply. 

I am minded to go with second quote which is the cheapest anyway. 

• Like 2

Highly recommend if it is someone you have already been happy with you use the same people.  I have had a few disasters with firms who have either advertised or even been 'recommended' (I suspect by their family) in the past.  Especially if they were the best price.

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning everyone,

After a few lovely sunny days it's now dull and damp, typical as I have to go up to Truro for an MRI, at least it is not freezing cold. 

Have a good day.

Pam 

Hope all goes well today Pam. Best wishes. Jane xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning everyone,

Have a good day.

Pam 

Hope it all goes well. To us Surrey folk it still seems a bit weird. ' Up to Truro '.😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Two quotes back for removing old lawn (more moss than grass after last summer) laying new lawn install stepping stone path and repairing steps between bottom & top lawn, difference of £500 between the two. 

The first quote said if I pay cash then no VAT would be charged, not a very good advert for a business in promoting tax evasion, plus so many spelling mistakes in email, makes me wonder about quality of work despite the reasonable reviews. 

Second quote is from someone I have used before, albeit for a smaller job. I asked 5 local businesses to quote, besides these 2, one advised they were fully booked until July, the other 2 never bothered to reply. 

I am minded to go with second quote which is the cheapest anyway. 

LOL,I gave a bloke a quote in the 90s for a new boiler and said the same thing.He said,I'd better pay the VAT cos I'm the chair of the local magistrates and have to see tax evaders in front of me.Got the job, he was a lovely bloke and he paid the VAT.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Hope it all goes well. To us Surrey folk it still seems a bit weird. ' Up to Truro '.😁

Nearly everywhere from here is 'Up'!😄

Thank you all for you best wishes.

Have been to the hospital for my scan which seemed to last longer than normal. At home now and my arm's feeling a little sore after being used a pin cushion, the nurse had difficulty getting the canular inserted.  🤷‍♀️   Now just have to wait for the results.

Sun is also trying to make an appearance, so turning out to be a nice day.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Nearly everywhere from here is 'Up'!😄

Thank you all for you best wishes.

Have been to the hospital for my scan which seemed to last longer than normal. At home now and my arm's feeling a little sore after being used a pin cushion, the nurse had difficulty getting the canular inserted.  🤷‍♀️   Now just have to wait for the results.

Sun is also trying to make an appearance, so turning out to be a nice day.

Must be strange living at Landsend."Down" must be the Scillies.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, Caullkhead said:

Everywhere’s up, the Scillies are west 🤣 Oddly being from IOW everywhere was over or up. 

We were on the Isle of Wight, chatting to some ageing hippies. They referred to England as.   North Island.

10 hours ago, purplesea said:

Good Morning everyone,

Have a good day.

Pam 

Best wishes for a clear MRI scan today Pam.

• Thanks 1