P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

There seems to have been quite a substantial outbreak of the dreaded lurgy and today’s departure has been delayed for a “deep clean” - there are a couple of threads on the Fred Olsen board and evidently there were also complaints in the press.  Eglesbrech fell victim at the beginning of her cruise and was confined to their cabin. 

Oh no, poor Eglesbrech 😞

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

So… yesterday we went to Pashley Manor Gardens, just over the border in Sussex. Never been there before and it’s not open every day. It was a lovely day with lovely food in their cafe with ingredients from their kitchen garden. We had a salad when we got there and after walking round shared a cream tea on the terrace.
There are also many sculptures in the garden and I was intrigued by one of Ann Boleyn that was by Philip Jackson. Here are a few pics 

IMG_9104.jpeg

IMG_9058.jpeg

IMG_9077.jpeg

IMG_9067.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

IMG_9072.jpeg

Pashley Manor is on my 'I've heard of it but never been there yet' list'.  

It looks lovely, I will have to move it up my list 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We are back from our trip on Sky Princess and now need to find something for November / December.  

Loved the cruise but not the coach journey so we are going to revert to the car again for the next cruise.  We had used the coach once before and were very happy to book again with Eavesway but it was a totally different experience this time.  On the way out the coach arrived at Keele late so the driver decided to make up time by speeding,  I don't know what speed he was doing but I was worried that we might be involved in an accident, the coach was eventually pulled over by the police on the M6 and the driver was given a ticket.  On the way back the coach arrived late at the docks so we spent 20 minutes waiting outside because we got off the ship at the time that it was supposed to be there.  Some passengers were still not out when the coach did arrive and the driver had to ask Princess to put out a call for them so we were further delayed.  When we are in the car the journey is usually just over 3 hours but today it took over 4 hours.

That reminds me of my experiences with Eavesway. No such problems with Cruise Connect. Nothing caused by the coach company anyway. Problems caused by passengers is another matter!

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Pashley Manor is on my 'I've heard of it but never been there yet' list'.  

It looks lovely, I will have to move it up my list 

It’s not open Sundays and Mondays unless it’s a special week like the Tulips and the rose week last week. It closes quite early in the season too. 
As it’s not NT it doesn’t seem so well known so wasn’t too busy either.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Actually 😉

IMG_9054.jpeg

No pictures but lunch out was pate en croute, 65 day aged beef sirloin with the most amazing roast potatoes sitting in a Yorkshire pudding with veal jus, and lemon tart with meringue and sorbet. I don’t think I need to eat again until Tuesday (but probably will).

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, pete14 said:

No pictures but lunch out was pate en croute, 65 day aged beef sirloin with the most amazing roast potatoes sitting in a Yorkshire pudding with veal jus, and lemon tart with meringue and sorbet. I don’t think I need to eat again until Tuesday (but probably will).

Sounds lovely!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I had a look at the Octopus site and the Tracker plan has been withdrawn for new customers. I will have a decision to make when my fixed 2 year deal with Ovo finishes in September. I was very fortunate to fix then, a week later all the fixed deals were withdrawn. I know I will be paying at least double my current £100 pm for duel energy. Good while it lasted.

If you’re interested in the Tracker tariff, it’s being made available again in the next few days.

There are some risks attached, but I’ve decided to make the move. Today’s rates are particularly low:

Electricity
  • Unit rate:8.46 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:44.12 p/day
Gas
  • Unit rate:4.39 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:26.84 p/day

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

If you’re interested in the Tracker tariff, it’s being made available again in the next few days.

There are some risks attached, but I’ve decided to make the move. Today’s rates are particularly low:

Electricity
  • Unit rate:8.46 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:44.12 p/day
Gas
  • Unit rate:4.39 p/kWh
  • Standing charge:26.84 p/day

Thanks for the info. My current fixed deal ends mid September so I'm leaving it until mid August and look then at what's on offer.

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Share the secret -- where ? 😉

I don't care now going to Wetherspoons Hornchurch tuesday.Seeing George Michael at the Queens theater after.

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Sounds lovely 

Talking of theatre , I’ve booked 42nd Street for later this month at the theatre in Canterbury. I’ve seen it many many years ago in London, I remember all the tap dancing, I love tap dancing! John hasn’t seen it though, really looking forward to it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Talking of theatre , I’ve booked 42nd Street for later this month at the theatre in Canterbury. I’ve seen it many many years ago in London, I remember all the tap dancing, I love tap dancing! John hasn’t seen it though, really looking forward to it.

I saw it in London, Sadler’s Wells, a fortnight ago and it was simply brilliant. The tap dancing is amazing. You will love it. 

• Like 2

Good morning everyone, well time is running in and we’re be home in a few days, a little looking forward to it for just some cooler air 😂 took dad for a walk along the harbour and beach yesterday which was pleasant and not too busy then back home a few lengths in the pool and cooked a roast dinner!! Yes in this heat my husband still loves his roast on a Sunday.

IMG_3678.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

• Like 17

22 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning everyone, well time is running in and we’re be home in a few days, a little looking forward to it for just some cooler air 😂 took dad for a walk along the harbour and beach yesterday which was pleasant and not too busy then back home a few lengths in the pool and cooked a roast dinner!! Yes in this heat my husband still loves his roast on a Sunday.

IMG_3678.jpeg

IMG_3679.jpeg

IMG_3680.jpeg

IMG_3681.jpeg

LOL,we're the same.Full English,skip lunch and roast in evening every Sunday.

• Like 6