P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today. Looks like it’s going to be a warm sunny day here today. 

It was nice yesterday too. I was in St Annes and on a Weds they have Sounds in the Square with a different singer each week, people were up dancing, it was lovely.

I also saw my oncologist again yesterday, after checking my histology results and mammogram again they have decided I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

Wonderful news, so pleased for you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today. Looks like it’s going to be a warm sunny day here today. 

It was nice yesterday too. I was in St Annes and on a Weds they have Sounds in the Square with a different singer each week, people were up dancing, it was lovely.

I also saw my oncologist again yesterday, after checking my histology results and mammogram again they have decided I don’t need any further treatment except yearly mammogram’s for five years to keep an eye on me. I am very relieved with that.

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

So pleased for you Michelle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am just back from our bowling match.  Only 2 more to the end of the season, then I have to up my walking to get the same level of exercise.

It was a tough match, we won as a team but we had 2 ladies who had a really tough time.  I managed to win 21-19 against a really nice lady so a really close game.

• Like 5

4.45 am and I’m signing into the ‘Wide Awake’ club!  First time in weeks, but something is niggling at me - not a huge issue - and it won’t go away.  Things always seem to get out of proportion in the wee small hours don’t they?  So, here I am, cup of tea and banana by my side watching a review of today’s news on Sky, iPad in hand.

Which reminds me, I definitely don’t see every post on this thread, but have I missed what has happened to Harry?  I’m hoping he and his good lady are managing a holiday because I enjoy his posts.

Time to do Wordle 😉

• Like 5

Morning 😃 A nice sunny 19.c by now ,going to 23.c and hopefully no showers today.

@mrsgoggins  I too was thinking about @Harry Peterson and hope he's well and 

as for @wowzz I am beginning to wonder  ,has he got stuck in his shed again ?😉

But you are right we tend  to worry more in the wee small hours ,maybe that's why we

sleep so we don't worry 🥴

I  once sought the wisdom of an old Tibetan monk who lived far far away .. Well Shirebrook

pit tip actually and he told me these words of wisdom ....

There are only two things to worry about.. Either you are well, or you are sick.

If you are well, then there is nothing to worry about.

But if you're sick, there are two things to worry about.

Either you will get well, or you will die.

If you get well, there is nothing to worry about.

But if you die, there are only two things to worry about.

Either you will go to heaven or hell.

If you go to heaven, there is nothing to worry about.

But if you go to hell, you'll be so  busy shaking hands with friends you haven't seen

in years , so you won't have time to worry about anything .

Hope you all have a worry free day and if you don't try not to worry about it .😉

Take care 😃

• Haha 20

Our daughter and family are having an adventure at the mo.They arrived in Seville today after spending a week in Portugal with her OH folks.After 2 days they fly to Sicily where they eventually get a train to us in Calabria Tuesday.We fly there the same day from Stansted.She does like cutting things a bit fine,lol.All this in a heatwave,backpacks and a 7 and 11 year old in tow.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 14

We seem to have mixed weather this morning, one minute the sun is out the next it is covered by cloud but it is nice and warm.

It is "sisters lunch" today, we are going to a place that I have only been to once and that was a long time ago so I hope that it is good.

Gave a great day everyone.

• Like 7

Docked in Guernsey this morning after a day in the Scilly isles, weather is dull but warm so that is fine. Tha Ambition is a nice ship and is full, not the prettiest ship from the outside but nice inside. Food and entertainment are good to date, a bit disappointed that breakfast is buffet in the main restaurant with tea and coffee served but hey ho, first world issue.

• Like 15

It’s a lovely day here today, clear blue sky but a bit breezy, still warm though.

I have just been out for a walk with my friend with the dogs, they are both now resting and my friend has gone to work, she is volunteer at Lytham Hall. I am on dog sitting duty today. 

Going to book a holiday today for next summer with my daughter and the grandchildren. Going to book Puerto Pollensa in Majorca, seen what looks like a nice hotel that has something for all the children and is close to the beach.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 14

Feeling sorry for myself as I’m currently in pain.

Root canal this morning and an hour at the dentist, needs must (and a hefty bill to pay as private with a new crown to replace the broken tooth). They would extract a tooth for free but any sort of preservation costs.

Drove home via the pharmacy for pain relief as the nerves were jangling and pain increasing as the anaesthetic wore off. Had money out ready to pay however in direct opposition to the situation for dental treatment the strong pain killers were “free” as I was in “current” pain. So not only is my excessively, eye wateringly, increasing every single year tax paying for “free” prescriptions it’s now also covering “free” pain killers that one can easily and cheaply buy over the counter!

The world has gone mad (or at least it has north of the border!).

I am rubbing whisky on my gums as well as the pain killers are not as yet having much effect.. it may not help but at least it tastes better than the current horrible taste.

Moan over!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Root canal this morning and an hour at the dentist, needs must (and a hefty bill to pay as private with a new crown to replace the broken tooth). They would extract a tooth for free but any sort of preservation costs.

Drove home via the pharmacy for pain relief as the nerves were jangling and pain increasing as the anaesthetic wore off. Had money out ready to pay however in direct opposition to the situation for dental treatment the strong pain killers were “free” as I was in “current” pain. So not only is my excessively, eye wateringly, increasing every single year tax paying for “free” prescriptions it’s now also covering “free” pain killers that one can easily and cheaply buy over the counter!

I am rubbing whisky on my gums as well as the pain killers are not as yet having much effect.. it may not help but at least it tastes better than the current horrible taste.

Moan over!

Do feel very sympathetic. Tooth-ache is never good. Very much hope that you have a speedy recovery and there's no need to drop into the local supermarket for a free bottle of malt to rub on the gums... although there are some very good pharmaceutical manufactures on the west coast of Scotland that come highly recommended... their productis are often used frequently as a preventative we understand.

Best Wishes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Moan over!

I hope the pain eases soon. 

My husband's experience at £9.65 per prescription for "private" antibiotics as they were dentist prescribed rather than NHS plus the cost of his crown at upwards of £1,600 left us with a total dental bill of over £1,800 last year so I sympathise.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

drop into the local supermarket for a free bottle of malt to rub on the gums...

Now that’s something I have no issue paying for as I’m very particular about my whisky. Also given the puritanical stance re alcohol up here (extremely hefty alcohol tax) then that something they will never give away “free” 😀

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I hope the pain eases soon. 

My husband's experience at £9.65 per prescription for "private" antibiotics as they were dentist prescribed rather than NHS plus the cost of his crown at upwards of £1,600 left us with a total dental bill of over £1,800 last year so I sympathise.

Antibiotics should never be “private”, you either need them or you don’t. So the world is just as mad down south then!

Yes dental costs are getting really silly up here too.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Antibiotics should never be “private”, you either need them or you don’t. So the world is just as mad down south then!

Yes dental costs are getting really silly up here too.

Unfortunately no matter how much you need antibiotics down here if you're under 60 you pay for them at £9.65 an item.  Luckily (!) My husband is over 60 so generally his would be free.  However the dentist's prescription is private as his practice does not have an NHS section so anything issued by that practice has to be paid for regardless of age.

Sadly I saw a man in our chemist shop with prescriptions with quite a lot of items on them and they are asking which are most important as they can't afford the three or four items.

I picked up my husband's medication yesterday - 8 regular monthly items plus a new medication for a water and blood infection left by his food poisoning exploits on holiday.  Watching the poor guy I worked out it would have been £86.85 in prescription costs if it hadn't been for my OH's age.  Scary days.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Unfortunately no matter how much you need antibiotics down here if you're under 60 you pay for them at £9.65 an item.  Luckily (!) My husband is over 60 so generally his would be free.  However the dentist's prescription is private as his practice does not have an NHS section so anything issued by that practice has to be paid for regardless of age.

Sadly I saw a man in our chemist shop with prescriptions with quite a lot of items on them and they are asking which are most important as they can't afford the three or four items.

I picked up my husband's medication yesterday - 8 regular monthly items plus a new medication for a water and blood infection left by his food poisoning exploits on holiday.  Watching the poor guy I worked out it would have been £86.85 in prescription costs if it hadn't been for my OH's age.  Scary days.

It's a funny old world. On the way to Cricket St Thomas we stopped at a roadside Starbucks. Big queue, dirty tables, 2 Coffees in paper cups £10. Sitting in the nice clean lounge with a nice view over Warners grounds. A tea and a large Americano. £6.12, after 15% loyalty discount.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

I used to buy annual prescription cover, I take it that is still available?

An annual prescription would have cost me very, very much less than the current tax rates up here on everything from income, pensions, shares, sugar, alcohol etc etc.  

I really don’t mind paying my fair share for what is necessary (like antibiotics) but there are so many things “ free” up here now that those of us who actually pay any tax are just being exploited.

Apologies,  I said I wouldn’t moan any more, combination of extreme pain and painkillers!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Moan over!

I sympathise as I had two teeth out last week. My antibiotics surprisingly only cost me £5 at the chemist. I thought it would be more as despite being over 60, the dentist is private.
Nurofen Plus took most of the initial pain away - altho not recommended if on BP medication, but needs must at times!

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I used to buy annual prescription cover, I take it that is still available?

An annual prescription would have cost me very, very much less than the current tax rates up here on everything from income, pensions, shares, sugar, alcohol etc etc.  

I really don’t mind paying my fair share for what is necessary (like antibiotics) but there are so many things “ free” up here now that those of us who actually pay any tax are just being exploited.

Apologies,  I said I wouldn’t moan any more, combination of extreme pain and painkillers!

Annual prescriptions are fine if you have regular medication of a certain number of items regularly. They won't help someone like the man I saw yesterday who had four items for a one off prescription. I listened to the chemist trying to advise.

Ss a very wise man once said the only certainty in life is death and taxes!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I sympathise as I had two teeth out last week. My antibiotics surprisingly only cost me £5 at the chemist. I thought it would be more as despite being over 60, the dentist is private.
Nurofen Plus took most of the initial pain away - altho not recommended if on BP medication, but needs must at times!

It’s not called dental surgery for nothing. Hope all is well with you now and the gap is healing properly (dry socket is a horrible thing!)

• Like 2